"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Let's Kick Some Butt!

Hello friends!  Hope all is well with you today!
I was still trying to get my SCS "Hope You Can Cling To" challenge creations finished up by the deadline...this Thursday, but I think I have come to the conclusion that...yeah...that's not gonna happen!  I am proud of what I did get done though!  I should have a good 25 cards to be shipped out for this.  It's not every single challenge, but I am pleased that I have something to donate.

Here is another one of those creations that I'd like to share with you today...
If you are not familiar with my fellow blog friend Jennifer Skull, she has hosted this particular challenge on splitcoast stampers for this event.  She has gone through her own personal battles with this and I happen to admire her courage.  I've been a long time blog friend with her, so I wanted to be sure to complete her challenge of using some type of "boot" or "shoe" image on your creation.  We all need to put on those "brave girl boots" at some point in our lives! :)  So thanks for inspiring Jen!

I can't say where exactly this shoe came from as I found it on the web...I didn't own any shoe type of stamps...not any that would work well for this.  I was also waiting on my new "Hope" clear stamp set by Paper Smooches to arrive JUST so that I could use this sentiment for it!  I've also used the pink awareness ribbons from the stamp set as well.  One for the middle of the boot and the other for the "fight" oval panel along the side.  The shoe reminded me of a boxing boot with heels! LOL!

So here are some challenges that I'd like to include this one for:
SCS HYCCT1318 - Put on Your Brave Girl Boots
SCS Wednesday Sketch challenge (SCS459) - sketch
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC77) - anything goes

I will have some more creations to share with you all soon!  But for today, I have a busy day ahead of me and much creating time ahead in my craft room! :)  So I hope you will join me here all this week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

31 comments:

Tammy said...

You card is absolutely fantastic! Wonderful coloring of the classy boot and the background is fabulous!

Carla S. said...

Wonderful card, Vicki! That's a great image and sentiment! Perfect for the cause and you showcased it so well!

Stef H said...

awesome! totally awesome!!!

vicki said...

Oh this is just gorgeous :) I would wear these he he!! Thank you for my lovely comment I'm defiantly following :)

Hugs

Vic

Berni Cuttino said...

Vicki, simply a stunning and gorgeous beauty, fabulous colors and design.
Hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love that boot image.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh Vicki, this is just amazing! I love that cool lace up boot image you found. I'll have to see if I can find it online, too. the pink ribbon looks great on it! you are just so kind to think of me! I'm happy you were able to play along in the challenge! I had wanted to get all of them done, too, but not this year. it's so fun to get some made though, for such a great cause!

you are such a great friend! :)

downrightcrafty said...

oh Vicki gorgeous layering and colouring as well as papers and this is just me all me fabulous sentiment
Hugs Kate xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Vicki, such a fabulous image. I love the colours and gorgeous papers.
hugs Sue xx

PaperDaisies said...

What a fabulous card.. Love it. I just love the sentiment. Be proud of what you have achieved for a great cause. Thanks for sharing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

Deb said...

I love this message and the card is so pretty too! Fabulous!
Debxx

aussie aNNie said...

OMGoodness, this is just super awesome...great card and colours to die for...xxxx

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning. Loving the vintage pinks.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is fabulous, love the great design.

ribenaruby said...

Wonderful inspirational card Vicki! Love the look and you've done so well for such a fab cause. Ruby x

Céline said...

fab card Vicki, love the message
hugs
céline

Amy Johnson said...

A fun card for a serious cause! Love it!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card Vicki! Love the image, and the layout is lovely. hugs, Kimberly

MiamiKel said...

You go girl! This card is amazing, and such an important cause - love everything about it! Hugs!

crafty-stamper said...

fantastic card love the image,beautiful B.papers,and gorgeous bow -you did well with 25 cards
Carol x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki!! I love that image, your fabulous design and the beautiful papers!!
Hugs, Tammy

Jennifer said...

Great Card Vicki! Love the pink ribbon and the lace up boot! I thank the Lord Jesus for tying up my big girl boots for me!

Patti J said...

Love it, Vicki! Beautifully done...still watching for those fun craft fair items! Hugs...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Vicki!! What an encouraging and beautiful card!! I just love the pink, your image and the sentiment!! Great job making all those cards for the HYCTT!!!!
hugs,
Chris

Athina said...

Cute design and image! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

NanaConnie said...

I LOVE this card, Vicki! Perfect pinks and the boot is delightful. Great bow and that ribbon is wonderful. :-D

Ellen said...

This is one fabulous kick butt card! Love the layout and those fabulous boots! Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Ellen

Donna said...

Absolutley stunning Vicki and so pretty in pink with the black mat! :) Donna ♥ x

Cindy Groh said...

Love this one to pieces. We get the results of my Mom's breast biopsy next week and I'm gearing myself up for the news. I'll need cards like this to inspire her to keep going if we have to do surgery, chemo, radiation, all that jazz. Praying for her to be clear but you never know. I'm going to start following you if I'm not already. I love your work. Hugs to you:)

nwilliams6 said...

What a great image and it is perfect for this great cause! This cause is very near to my heart! Great card my friend. Hugz!

Regina said...

wonderful card for your friend!
I'm sure your friend enjoys this lovely card!
best wishes to Jennifer and I adore her courage!
Regina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...