"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

November Guest Designer at Crazy 4 Challenges!

Hello friends!  Happy weekend to ya! :)
I hope you have a nice and relaxing one...and of course find time to stamp and play!

I'm so excited to tell you that I was asked to be a November guest designer at
CRAZY 4 CHALLENGES

That is one thing that I can say is that I do love to play along in challenges, so of course I happily excepted their offer to join!

For their first weekly challenge (C4C210) in November, they would like to see your
BLACK, WHITE & a SPLASH of Color on your creation!
Sounds like so much fun I know...so hop on over and join in!
Here's what I came up with for the challenge:
I really love the look of the black and white designs, but don't make them that often, so this was really fun for me to put together!
I pulled out the elegant looking Layered Labels stamp set from Stampin' Up! and used several of my die cuts to layer the same image on top of itself.  I thought it would be good to add in my "splash" of color in the layer and along the border at the bottom of my design.  I've used Primrose Petals for my "splash" color of this design.
I also got to use up some more of huge stack of design papers I have hoarded for so long!  The black taffeta ribbon was actually the ONLY black ribbon that I could find that worked with my label I have it tied up to.  Then I just added some rhinestones to finish it off.
I've used three different dies and one border punch on my design here.  It pretty much did all of the work for me.  Don't forget to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog to see what the design team has come up with inspiration for you!  Can't wait to see what you come up with! ;)

Here are some other challenges that I'd like to enter this in:
SCS HYCCT1331C - "I Can't Believe It's Over!" (black, white & pop of color:  PINK (team Holly)
Penny's Paper Crafty - Add Black or Bling

Thanks so much for popping in and I hope to see you playing along with us!
I will be back in the morning to share another creation with you!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Vicki and the 'splash' of colour is very nice making the card elegant...may do this challenge ..xx

StampOwl said...

Glad you could join us this month :) ... Fabulous card!

ribenaruby said...

Oh stunning my friend! Wow, yes Vicki, these dies have really done a good job, such an effective look and fab wording. Have a brilliant day! Ruby x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful card! Congrats for being the November guest designer!

Stef H said...

love this! another GD spot? you are rockin'!

hugs :)

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Vicki. Your card is gorgeous, the design and colours are wonderful
hugs Sue xx

Kristine Reynolds said...

Beautiful card!

Berni Cuttino said...

Congrats on your GDT, So well deserved. Stunning vicki, just love how you have the ribbon coming from the sentiment. Simply gorgeous with a hint of color.
Hugs

Tammy said...

Congrats on your GDT Vicki! Gorgeous card and I love these colors together, so beautiful!!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

Wow, outstanding card and gorgeous way to showcase the sentiment! More congratulations on the GDT!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so happy to have you playing along with us this month...and wow...you nailed my fav color combo with this classy beauty.....stunning card

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, you are really on a roll! What a fantabulous creation. Red, black and white have always been a favorite color combo of mine. Gorgeous. gorgeous design, Vicki!

crafty-stamper said...

congratulations on your GD -your going to be very busy this month,love your card great papers and love the design and layout
Carol x

Kimberly S said...

So pretty with that splash of red Vicki! Congratulations on your guest spot. :) hugs, Kimberly

Bunny said...

This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Pennys and good luck

Caz xx

nwilliams6 said...

Love your card! Great colors and details (love the bling and color choices). I actually joined this challenge and felt very inspired by your card! Hugz!

Joan Ervin said...

Congrats. Vicki!!! Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I love the elegant design with the dramatic colors and stamps...the touch of red is so striking!!

Donna said...

Love, love, love this card Vicki! A really elegant design and beautiful combination of colours...stunning! :) Donna ♥ x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, that is so beautiful

Cindy Groh said...

Love this one too. You are amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Regina said...

Simply fabulous! Your card is timeless in its elegance!
sending hugs Regina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...