"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Trimming the Tree The Alley Way!

Hello friends and happy "hump day" to ya! :)
Hope you are enjoying your week so far!  I have a quick and simple creation to share with you today!

As you may have seen, I have been trying my hand here and there with the CAS style design.  I was looking at a couple of blog friends' posts and saw they were using these stamps...so of course I had to see what was up with all of it!  I found this fun inspirational photo challenge and here's my card:
I do not own any of these The Alley Way stamps, but I did look on their challenge blog and saw a fun inspirational photo challenge and they offer up some freebies so you can play!  I instantly fell in love with the playful and whimsical images...so I'm sure it won't be long before I grab a set or two in the future! :)

I took one of their freebies and printed out the tree image three times so that I could only use the spotted tree for my design to match the photo inspiration provided.  (See photo below.)  I've also pulled some fun spotted papers from my stash and cut out a wavy snow line for my trees.  I added some glitter to the edge of the snow line and the spots on the tree.  The sentiment was part of their freebie image as well.
This was so fun to put together and now I have a Christmas card to add to my pile for sending out cards this year! Yay!  Hopefully more will follow soon!

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
The Alley Way - photo inspiration:
Creative Knockouts - Make it sparkle
Less is More - Use decorative paper in CAS way

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I will be back again on Friday with something fun and FREE to share with you all! :)  Please stop back by to see what it is!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

37 comments:

Stef H said...

easy peasy AND pretty. my kinda card!!!!

hugs :)

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant CAS card, love the elegance but simplicity of it.xxxxxxxxxxx

Carla S. said...

Fantastic CAS card, Vicki! Very festive!

Shirley said...

Beautiful and fun card, Vicki! and no fair you had the perfect BG DP!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

So stinking cute! Love how you incorporated the photo inspiration... You nailed it!

Deb said...

Just beautiful, I am so impressed with your CAS cards they are just perfect!
Debxx

downrightcrafty said...

great card and super spotty match looks fabulous
Hugs Kate xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful trio of trees Vicky, love the card!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sue said...

Such a fabulous CAS card Vicki, I love the spotty trees and papers.
hugs Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous CAS design hun, love the stamps you've used! Fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, I love those trees and the polka dotted snow! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant CAS card love the spotty trees and paper
Carol x

MiamiKel said...

How darling this is, my friend!! What a cheerful holiday card! I'm a HUGE .... Thats Ha-u-gah ... fan of TAWS! They are just super fun and versatile and you've done a splendid job with this one! Blessings!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun whimsical card Vicki! love the trees and dotted rolling hills!

Tammy said...

Fantastic! Love the trees and polka dotted snow! Great take on the challenge!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a lovely CAS card. I love the papers.

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki, what a perfect use of that inspiration photo! Love the simple design and the bit of sparkle across the top of the snow.

Patti J said...

I am totally loving your CAS creations! This is so adorable...love it!!! I have never heard of this company, and must go check them out. Thanks for the enabling!

Amy Johnson said...

Love your CAS Christmas card!

Sue said...

Love your CAS card, and you nailed the inspiration!

Hugs
Sue

debby4000 said...

So cute Vicki.
luv
Debby

Chrissie said...

Absolutely love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, your card is soooooo cute! I love those trees and your snowy hills with that super fun sentiment. A totally great creation! Hugz!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so super cute and I can totally see the picture inspiration in your design. I love the polka dots!

Céline said...

so precious card love the dots paper and trees
hugs
céline

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! this is so lovely Vicki, fab design.

Donna x

Tammy said...

Adorable CAS card Vicki! I love the little trees and that fun polka dot hill!!
Hugs, Tammy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the fun polka dots- and the shimmer. This is such a darling card!

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, I love your cas card, beautiful white! Ruby x

Ellen said...

Awesome use of inspiration! The polka dotted hills are fabulous! You rock cas too!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a fabulous job matching that challenge! The trees look fabulous, and I love the little scene you've created with them. :) hugs, Kimberly

Jennifer said...

Love your simple scene and the great trees!

Sue from Oregon said...

Playing a little catch up today! Your CAS card is perfect! I love how you picked up the dots from the inspiration photo...you know how I love dots Ha!

Asha said...

Loving your CAS style, my friend. Those touches of sparkle ... perfect!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Donna said...

Love this CAS design Vicki, espesh with the polka dots...gorgeous card :) Donna ♥ x

Regina said...

Wonderful card - simple and so effective!

Kristie @ mypaperlife.com said...

Fabulous CAS card! I like the sparkle on the 'hilltop' :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...