"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Addicted to Stamps with a Sketch!

Hello friends!  I hope that you have been enjoying your weekend!
I've been busy trying to catch up on my long list of "festive" things!  Hoping to check off a few!

Today I wanted to share the new challenge up over at
Addicted to Stamps
Today they have a very fun sketch for you to try out!  So please hop on over to the challenge blog and have a look at it along with all of the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the design team!  I just know you will not be disappointed at all as they are such a talented group of crafters! :)

So here's my take on the lovely sketch:
I have chosen to use this darling Elisabeth Bell stamp from The Elphine House.  I can't help but sing the "Jingle Bells" song every time I use it!!  I've really glittered up this one with the liquid pearls, the faux snow, the glitter on the image and the silver gel pen on the bells in the image too!  I've also added the metallic silver ribbon and some rhinestones in the middle of the snowflake dies!  It's so shinny and glittery in person!
The circular sentiment hanging down is from Whimsy Stamps.  I've used some papers from Stampin' Up! and added a metallic silver layer behind them.  I had some tiny jingle bells in my stash and tied them up with my ribbon and made a bow along the side.
Of course you can see that I've used only blue tone colors on my design for a monochromatic theme...and blue with this image gives it a feel of winter for sure! :)

OK, so here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this for:
The Elphine House - "Autumn Leaves" or "Let it Snow"
Elisabeth Bell's World - Monochromatic
The Pink Elephant (TPE228) - Winter
The Squirrel & The Fox - Summer or Winter
Everybody Art - Winter
Crafty Catz- 2 or more dies
Shopping Our Stash - Holiday/Winter

Now, I hope you will join along with us and play with our sketch!  You can make anything you want with it!  I can't wait to see what you come up with using it!  Thanks so much for dropping in today and I hope you were inspired by my creation!  Have a good one!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

45 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the cute image, beautiful shades of blue and wonderful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Super sweet card, love the pearl snow! Great coloring as always!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Vicki, love the glitter, pearl snow always looks wonderful and this image is gorgeously finished to perfection...have a good day ...xx♥

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a sweet card. I love the colors and the "snow".

vicki said...

Oh this is so cute love the image a d colouring :) enjoy the rest of your wknd

Vic x

Amy Johnson said...

this is so cute, sweet, and pretty! Love it!

Ardilla said...

This card is gorgeous!!
Love the image, your ocloring and the snow and swirls details...
Beautiful, Vicki!
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is so precious! Love all the blue and your fabulous coloring and neat touches.

RitaK said...

Your card is gorgeous, just love all of it :-) Hugs Rita

Stef H said...

o wow! i love this! love how you did the liquid pearls. must remember that!

hope you're staying warm..... and soon we'll have snow! yep. it's beginning to look alot like xmas!

have a great day!

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki, I love that image and your gorgeous blue colors, the faux snow looks fabulous!!
Hugs, Tammy

Deb said...

Wow, stunning card Vicki, so love this sweet image and love the die cuts you added!
Sorry I am not around much just now, the Christmas craziness has begun here so my time is limited, I will be back in full swing come January but will drop by when I can in between!
Debxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is a real little treasure it is so beautiful, the image as well as the fabulous colours and card design look perfection.
hugs
lorraine x

Karin said...

Beautiful card Vicki, you have used such a cute stamp!
Hugs Karin

Céline said...

really fantastic card Vicky, love everything about! the little bells are so cute as the image$
hugs
céline

lynne said...

This is just gorgeous Vicki! Love your colouring and the pearly snowdrops!!
Thanks for sharing at EBW!
Hugs
Lynne xx

Berni Cuttino said...

This is a beauty, that I may CAS, so pretty in blue. Nicely done. Happy Holidays
Berni

Kimberly S said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki! Love the blue and white combination, and your coloring is so pretty! :) hugs, Kimberly

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful image Vicki, love your colour choices and colouring! I've got to start using liquid pearls as snowflakes I love how they look!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card!! Lovely papers and the image is adorable! Beautiful made! hugs, Marlies

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable and so gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Aww, love the little one in the sled, so darn cute. Beautiful colors and details, Vicki, extra special holiday card for sure.

Hugs
Sue

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is adorable! Love the pretty soft colors...so wintry! And your coloring is always amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Julia Aston said...

what a sweet card with the 'snowfall' and all in blue!

Wishcraft said...

Fab layout and details, super cute card hun! Hugs, Lisa x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Sweet image and I love the fabulous card design.

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicky, How adorable!! Love your image and how you sit up the scene with the snow effect. Love the blues and the layout.
Hugs, Pat

NanaConnie said...

Smashingly beautiful, Vicki! Love all the blues and that's such a sweet image. A big WOW on that bow and the snowflakes. Love everything about this one, my friend.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness Vicki! This card just takes my breath away...it is so gorgeous!! I love those blues! Your coloring is amazing and so is your style!!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is gorgeous! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous image love all the blues and bell embellishments
Carol x

Mad Moose said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi

Mad Moose said...

Super sweet card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi

Donna said...

Adorable design Vicki, such a cute image and the diecuts look fab in blue...love how you've aded the snow too! :) Donna ♥ x

Lynda Nielsen said...

Awwww, Vicki, this is absolutely gorgeous.... I immediately wanted to sing Jingle Bells too. I love the Ohhh so frosty colors you used. My absolute favorite for a snowy scene. Beautifully done my friend.
And of course thank you so much for joining us at Elisabeth Bells World for this months Monochromatic challenge.
Big hugs,
Lynda

Jennifer said...

Oh my, the sheer delight on their faces says it all! Wonderful details of the snow and the frosty flourish underneath! And it just wouldn't be complete without those adorable little bells! Have a wonderful day my friend!

Aunty Sue said...

great card and image thanks for sharing with us at crafty catz

Asha said...

Eeeek! Too cute! Love the "snow flurry". Love the colours you've used here.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Lola said...

Oh my what a lovely card! I especially like your snow and how you created such a gorgeous ground. Also, your rounded sentiment is just perfect.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just amazing loving the blues, so cute, thanks for joining us at Elphine house this time hugs Pops x x

Pop's Cards said...

This is so pretty sweetie beautiful colours too, thanks for joining us at EBW this time hugs Pops x x

~*Joni said...

Oooh Vicki! What a beautiful card!! I love this little guy surrounded by sweet snowfall. The winter blues are so pretty on your creation, I love the details! Thank you so much for joining in on the challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
~*Joni TPE DT

julieprice3 said...

One of my favourite Christmas images, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! I love the colors and the darling image! Wonderful coloring and details! Thanks for joining in on the challenge at Elphine House!

Mary Lou said...

Hey there Vicki...me again! Lol. Twice within an hour:))) this card is TOP notch???my fave color...blue and that image is as sweet as can be!!! I must ink mine up soon:))
Happiness with love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...