"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Ants are Stirring...

Hello friends!  It's getting closer to Christmas...are you ready?!
It's OK, I'm not either! LOL!  I heard several of you are in the same boat as I am for Christmas, so it's nice to know that it's not just me having a hard time keeping up with it all!

I do now have almost all of my Christmas cards gathered together, made (ALMOST!) and now just need to make some envelopes for them and get them popped in the mail now!
I also have a couple of presents under the tree and have bought my baking groceries, so now it's back and forth with baking, wrapping, shopping and finishing it all up.

I like to send little note cards with my containers of cookies, but since I don't have much time to start much from scratch as I need enough for about 8-10 containers, so I thought nothing could be more simple than a printable card kit from The Doodle Pantry!  Here's what I made:
Sorry about the wonky background!  I just had to grab some Christmas wrap for my background as it was a bit longer to photograph with my normal white backdrop. :)
These are all 4x4 note cards that I have made envelopes for with my Stampin' Up! envelope maker...(LOVE that thing!)  These darling ants are from the Holiday Ants Card Kit.  I made some adjustments in the layouts to make them fit with what I wanted to do with them.  I do love how the papers and card design are already pretty much there for you.  Just print it out, die cut them out or whatever.  They even come with tags that I've also punched out to go with the cookie containers!
As you can see, I've added a few snowflakes on a couple along with some sparkle and ribbon in places as well.  I love adding sparkle to Christmas!

Here are some challenges that I'd like to add these creations to:
The Doodle Pantry Blog Challenge (DPDC41) - any digital stamp
Cards and More - 10 minute cards
Divas by Design - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - Christmas Catch Up! (I'm doing it! LOL!)

So I do know that I still want to make a few more cards so I know I'll have enough.  It always seems every year that I forget someone or they end up sending me a card and I need to send one back right away! LOL!  I also sometimes loose my addresses, so I'm glad when someone does send me a card so that I have their address.  If you send out your cards, please add your return address on your envelopes for people like me that need it!  :)

I know that I will be back again soon with another Christmas card for you!  I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave any comment!  Have a lovely day!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

22 comments:

Ardilla said...

These ants are fab!!!
Love the colors you used for your cards...
Have a great week,
Ardilla :)

Carla S. said...

These are adorable, Vicki! Cute images and great designs!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Vicki..love the cute images and love the colours and designs of your 4x4's..those ants are the cutest..

luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy said...

How clever, never associated ants with Christmas! Cute card and very festive!

Ellen said...

Beautiful job using the DP card kits! They are perfect for this busy season. Thanks so much for joining us for the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 41. Merry Christmas!

Sue said...

A lovely selection of cards Vicki, fabulous images and gorgeous colours.
hugs Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Here I squash my pesty ants but on your cards they look cute...lovely creations Vicki.xxx

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a fabulous use of those darling Doodle Pantry Ants, Vicki! Love the sparkle on the candy cane and the white ornament and your choices of the papers. DT hat time -- Thanks so much for entering the Doodle Pantry challenge this month. :-D
NanaConnie DT

stempelomi said...

lovely cards!
Thanks for joining us at cards and more.
Hugs,Beate

Vickie ODell said...

I'm glad the Doodle Pantry set helped you make the notecards more quickly. I love the variety of the cards you made. Your friends will love them, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Doodle Pantry.

Shirley said...

Adorable!!

Asha said...

I'm playing catch up...can you tell?! I'm no where near ready for the big day...and this happens every year. When will I learn, eh?! I absolutely adore those DoodlePantry ants...and I don't dish out compliments to any ol' ant! Cute cards...and good luck!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Debbie said...

Beautiful cards!! I love your added snowflakes, ribbons, and sparkle!!
Thanks for playing along with us at DPDC41!!

Lola said...

All your little touches to make these your own are just perfect. Love all the sparkly goodness too. I don't think I've seen this kit. What a fabulous one for times like these! Can't wait to get my baked goods ;)

crafty-stamper said...

great notecards love the ant images and bright papers
Carol x

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely set of cards with us Vicki. Hope to see you back again in the New Year at Divas, Jx

nwilliams6 said...

Cute little cards Vicki - smart thinking. Still catching up with all your great projects! You may have been running behind but you are so far ahead of me! LOL! Hugz!

Claudia said...

Hi Vicki, yes these are all very sweet and lovely cards. As you wrote, you used some printed items and unfortunately I can not find anything stamped on your cards.

We are very happy that you take part at the Cards und More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have not used something stamped and cannot take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry and it is such a pity. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and your family
Claudia

L.Wilson said...

Delightful set of cards! These are so fun and simply adorable. Thanks for entering Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 41 and for using a Doodle Pantry illustration!

Michaela said...

A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors....thanks for joining us this week at Cards und More….
Hugs Michaela

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love this collection of cards. I so need to find a CAS design that works for notecards to send in a hurry. Now that Christmas is over, I am really enjoying all your holiday banter and designs, lol.

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us as Diva's hugs Jayne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...