"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, December 27, 2013

Inspired by Christmas

Hello friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
So are you taking down your tree or still got some celebrating to do?  We will probably go ahead and take our tree down this weekend, but we still have some family Christmas gatherings to celebrate...so while I'm waiting for those, I'm still being inspired by some Christmas stamping! :)
I thought that I would be sick of Christmas by now, but I had actually forgotten that I needed to send out one more special Christmas card for someone asking for them.  (You can read about it HERE.)
So who knows...I might just get ready for next year already! LOL!

So while I was doing some laundry, I thought it would be nice to play with a fun Christmas stamp set that I had gotten not too long ago and never had much of a chance to really play with it, so this is something fun and retro that I came up with inspired by some challenges:
The fun pink Christmas tree with presents along with the tiny heart and spot on the background of the card came from The Alley Way Stamps stamp set called Jolly Holiday.  It has so many fun "baubles" to play with that go so great together!  For the sentiment, I used the Holiday Sparkles stamp set.
If you check out the photo below, I was inspired to create this design and use these colors together based on the photo.  It has such a contemporary retro feel to it and I wanted to mimic as many items as I could with it.  I even used some tinsel trimming like in the photo!  I embossed the strip that it's on with my wood-grain embossing folder to mimic the wooden floor...or the shelf the stockings are hanging on...however you want to interpret that part of it.  I made the tree pink like the photo and even used a couple of prezzies in the set to go around the tree.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I've used some shimmery Smooch to go over top of the ornaments on the tree along with the pink dot in the background and ribbons on the presents.
So I hope this is a fun and sparkly Christmas wish to make someone smile! :)

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this for:
The Alley Way Stamps - BE Inspired #44
(New challenge blog coming soon!)


Mojo Monday - Sketch 325

Alphabet Challenge - 'W' for "Whatever You Wish"
Pile it On  (PIO48)- "P" is for:  Presents & Pink
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes
The Pink Elephant (TPE231) - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Christmas
Creative Card Crew - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes

Thanks so much for checking in with me today!  I hope you've enjoyed my design and I'm not sure if I'll be creating anything to post before New Year or not, but in case I don't...hope you all have a great one!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

35 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A gorgeous design Vicki. Love the colours.
{I would love you to take part in my 300,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the design and wonderful colours.
I hope you had a good Christmas.
hugs Sue xx

ribenaruby said...

Fab card Vicki,love the colours! Wishing you a brilliant 2014 my friend. Ruby x

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful stamp and sure is a great card Vicki, hope you had a wonderful Christmas day...l♥v aNNie xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I love the tree and the fun fibers you used.

Tammy said...

Glad you are still celebrating Christmas! Wonderful card and truly retro! Have a great weekend!

Patti J said...

Too cute, Vicki! We did not put a tree up this year - only the nativity scene on the mantle, and a few snowmen. Being in Germany over half of the month limited what we could do. Enjoy the rest of your partying!

Jen said...

This is such a fantastic take on the inspiration photo! I love how you incorporated so many fun and sparkly elements into your card! Thanks for joining us at the BE Inspired challenge!

Asha said...

Such fun colours for a Christmas card, very fresh and modern. Hope you had a fab Christmas with the family.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. your card is fantastic.. wonderful.

Have a nice weekend
Anja

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Vicki...love the design and the colors.
xxx Margreet

Céline said...

fab card as usual! love the original combo and design
hugs
céline

MiamiKel said...

Look at you! You ate rocking the TAWS challenges! They truly warm my heart and this one is right up there with all your gorgeous creations! Wishing you the very best New Year and looking forward to another year of crafty goodness! Blessings, dear friend!

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, so pleased you had a lovely Christmas, we did too but won't be taking our deccies down until New Year's day. This is such a sweet Christmas card, the colours are so pretty and the detail is too cute with the seaquins and fibres. Lots of best wishes to you and your family for a very Happy New Year :) Donna ♥ x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love the very cute stamp and scrummy colours. Hope you had a lovely Christmas hun.

Donna x

Erin Stephenson said...

Super cute. Amazing job. Thanks for playing at Crafting from the heart. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

Dawn Frost said...

Fantastic CAS card Vicki! I hope your holidays are fantastic.

Kate at the Hobby House said...

gorgeous, hope your having a lovely Christmas and wishing you a Prosperous and crafty New Year
Hugs Kate xx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a lovely card & a great take on the sketch.
I hope you had a great Christmas & 2014 is kind to you x

hugs sally.
http://sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Tammy said...

Adorable card Vicki!! Fabulous design and I love all of the sparkle! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Also, a big thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Hugs, Tammy

Lynn McAuley said...

Super cute holiday design, Vicki! I love the bright colors and delightful sentiment!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a cute Holiday card, Vicki! Love the colors and sparkle on the trim. I'm really loving sequins lately and they look great on your card. Happy New Year, mf!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so sparkly and fun!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love that tinsel trim Vicki! Happy New Year's GF!!

Berni Cuttino said...

Fantastic and fab composition. Awesome CAS. Happy New Year my friend.
Have crafty and joyous New Year.
Hugs

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable and I love how you used this sketch! Fabulous. The tree must come down today! lol.

Stephanie M. said...

lovely card. very sweet with nice colours! thanks for joining TTT challenge this forthnight :) Steph DT

crafty-stamper said...

love your CAS card great embossed strip and tinsel trimming
Carol x

Samantha said...

Vicky Great card I LOVE this design! love the colours too! Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this challenge and happy new year! hugs me x

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful and fun! Love the sparkle and the cute trees. Sweet. Hugz!

Helen said...

Fabulous 'P' project!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Happy New Year!
Helen x

Lola said...

Fabulous retro feel to this one! I love your sequence and need to remember to try this. It adds such a wonderful sparkle.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, my favorite thing for Christmas cards is using non-traditional colors and fun CAS designs like yours. What an inspiration. TFS!
Sorry I'm so late in posting a comment, I must have missed this card during the Christmas rush.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, my favorite thing for Christmas cards is using non-traditional colors and fun CAS designs like yours. What an inspiration. TFS!
Sorry I'm so late in posting a comment, I must have missed this card during the Christmas rush.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, my favorite thing for Christmas cards is using non-traditional colors and fun CAS designs like yours. What an inspiration. TFS!
Sorry I'm so late in posting a comment, I must have missed this card during the Christmas rush.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...