"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Let's Get Started for Christmas!

Hello friends!  I see so many of you have already got your Christmas cards done and are starting up for next year...well...I like to keep things under high pressure, so I've got about 10 Christmas cards and probably need several more to get through Christmas this year!!  So be pre-pared to see LOTS more Christmas from me until it's all over! :)

I thought I'd start with a nice tag.  I like to make tags because I can choose to either use them as what the purpose is intended for OR I can mount them on a card that I need to get sent out...so we'll just see how that goes for me! LOL!!
I saw on the Ellen Houston blog, (The CLASSroom),that they are having a special 12 tags of Christmas with a feminine twist challenge.  They want you to make a tag from one of the tutorials by the design team that inspired your design.  I knew when I saw the video tutorial by Julie Ebersole that I wanted to re-create something like hers.  So this is an inspired design from Day 2 tag.

I didn't have all of the cool items that she used on her tag, so I improvised by taking a star image and embossing it with gold embossing powder for my background.  I also didn't have a rectangle die except with the scallops on it.  I used a different die cut for my "snowy hill houses" instead of the buildings that she used.  I also changed the backdrop to a Navy color and used a matching ribbon at the top of my tag.  I did emboss in gold the vellum banner the same as she did and added a sprinkling of sequins as well.  I used some gold line stickers from my stash instead of the gold glitter strips that she used on her tag.

Here is another closer view of my tag:
The star image and gold Dazzle line sticker is from Paper Wishes, the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and the die cut snowy hill houses is by Memory Box.  Sequins from Lawn Fawn.

So here are the challenges I'd like to enter:
Ellen Houston (The CLASSroom) - 12 tags of Christmas with feminine twist
Divas by Design - Feeling Festive
Simon Says - Make your own background
Aud Sentiments - Tags for Christmas + sentiment
Alphabet Challenge - *V* is for Vellum
Less is More - Metallic + one other color (gold & navy)

Tuesday Throwdown - "What Christmas Means to You"...it means a time for reflection on what really matters, what's in your heart and who is close to you.  It's a time for peace to all and a reflection of the beauty that surrounds us...even in the very cold nights..LOVE those bright stars on a cold winter night and the sparkly snow...so peaceful.

So I hope you've enjoyed my little tag creation today and I will be back again tomorrow as I need to be getting on a roll and buckle down to get my cards done, sent out and start up my baking!  I've only shopped for a couple of gifts too....so here I go again with another push it to the limit at Christmas time! LOL!!  Hope all of your Christmas plans are going smoothly and I appreciate you stopping by my friends!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

36 comments:

Wishcraft said...

A gorgeous tag Vicki, fab colours and design :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, such a fabulous design and I love the gold stars.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today :)
hugs Sue xx

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Vicki, although you have linked it to one too many challenges for us at LIM where we allow a max of 5 which may be combined!
Thanks so much and do join us again,
Chrissie
Less is More

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable, might have to CAS your tag! Great design!

Anneke said...

hello Vicky
such a wonderful christmas village and scène..
and i love the card from your previous post aswell.
hugs to you.
Ann

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a beautiful tag. I love the glitter and the stars. TFS.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, so elegant and I love the pretty sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Mandy said...

sorry hun I meant "tag", think I've been commenting too long and am going cross eyed lol xx

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Love the vellum and your gold and blue color combo.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Vicki, always a pleasure to view your rather exquisite creations.xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet tag!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful tag love the skyline die and layout and great idea to use as atopper
Carol x

CraftyGirl said...

Stunning card with the gold and blue. Thank you for sharing what Christmas means to you. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

wonderful tag. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Sheena Fitzpatrick said...

This is such a lovely tag and I love your use of vellum for the sentiment!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Basslady said...

wow! this is so amazing and striking!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Teresa said...

Gorgeous Tag Vicki, so beautifully made.
Hugs Teresa xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki this is beautiful love the scene in the aperture what a lovely tag smashing work,
hugs
lorraine x

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! Cool colors, elegant look, and pretty details. Lovely in every way. Miss you - I promise I am catching up soon!!!! Hugz!

Davi said...

Your card is stunning my friend!! I love the way you created the scene with so much dimension and the dark blue and white really pop!!

Donna said...

Beautiful amd elegant design Vicki, the colours are gorgeous and I love that you've stamped the sentiment on parchment :) Donna ♥ x

Donna Mosley said...

Very beautiful tag Vicki, love the details.

Donna x

Tammy said...

Oh WOW Vicki, this tag is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing and the fabulous little snowy scene you've created!! Also, a big thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge blog, my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Asha said...

WOW! Fab tag, my friend. I am so going to CASE this!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

sparkling stamper said...

What a sweet tag. Love the elements and dimension! Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

kathy b

Trisha Klowak said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. What a beautiful tags...I love the gold glitter :)

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous tag Vicki!

Kimberly S said...

How gorgeous Vicki! Love the window, so fun, and using them on a card front if need be is such an awesome idea! hugs, Kimberly

julieprice3 said...

I love the snow effect with the sparkly paper, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Mrs.B said...

Such a stunning tag and the vellum sentiment looks great.
Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge.
Avril

Lola said...

I'm much like you....and enjoy the pressure of trying to fit a years worth of card making into the last couple of weeks before Christmas :) Your tag is gorgeous - would look perfect on a card (I especially love the little touch of sequins).

Laila B. said...

Your tag is simply fabulous. Congrats!!!

Christi Conley said...

Saw your tag on one of the challenge blogs and I just had to pop in and tell you how beautiful it is :)

Kim said...

Your tag is so pretty. Beautiful details and love the sparkly glitter. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Patricia St Martin said...

I can see why you love that tab it is just stunning. Love what you have done. Thanks for the link.
Hugs, Pat

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful tag! Ruby x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...