"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Non-Christmas Today...

Hello friends!  Yes, I know I've been a bad blogging buddy and have not left any love for you all lately, and I do apologize for that.  I've just been really busy with Christmas and other personal issues going on right now in my life.  It seems the worst possible time something could happen, it usually does! LOL!!  It will be fine and I'll get back on track here shortly.

It's off to send Christmas cards in the mail hopefully this afternoon after I do another "count".  I am also spending most of my day in the kitchen today, so I hope to have my laptop with me and I can bake and spend some time with a little blog surfing while I'm at it! :)

I have a special creation to share with you all this morning that's not really Christmas related.
My hair stylist is retiring at the end of this month and this morning is my very last haircut with her.  I'm so sad!  She did such a wonderful job with my hair and she was fabulous to talk with because we had lots of crafting talk in common! LOL! I will miss her!  Here's a card I made for her:
This CUTE little image is from Bugaboo Stamps.  She is called Sunbonnet Hairdresser of course!  I actually found it really hard to find a cute hair dresser stamp anywhere!  This is the only one that I found that I liked.  The sentiment comes from the Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes set.  I've colored her with my Copic markers and for the blades of the scissors, I've used my silver gel pen to color it in.  It's very shimmery IRL, but as always so hard to photograph.
I gave her a little bit of "country feel" to her because she lives out in the country and I think she had told me at one time that she likes the color red.  Hopefully I'm right! :)

Here are a couple of challenges I can enter:
Penny's Paper Crafty - Feminine with a sentiment
CRAFT - inspired by the movie "Steel Magnolias" (love that movie!)
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Everybody Art (EAC258) - NO Christmas card

So hope you've enjoyed my short break from Christmas, but I'll be right back again soon I'm sure with another one, two, three or four designs...at least one that I know for sure! LOL!!  This post should be up about the time I'm getting my haircut too!  I'm so glad you stopped in and I will be around to visit you soon!!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

39 comments:

Carla S. said...

This adorable, Vicki! Your hairdresser will certainly appreciate it! Hope all returns to normal for you soon. Hugs!

Ardilla said...

Supercute card, the image is fantastic! I also need ot start to make non Christmas cards, I need a break, hahaha......
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Tammy said...

OMGosh this is so cute Vicki! I love that adorable Bugaboo image... I bet your hairdresser LOVED it too!
Hugs, Tammy

vicki said...

Hi vicki oh this is just too cute I'm sure your hairdresser will fall in love with this card! Such a sweet idea and fab colouring :) I hope things are getting better for you
Hugs
Vic x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh gosh, you couldn't have found a more perfect image for your hairdresser's retirement! What a super creative retirement card! Love your gorgeous coloring and your sweet image.

Sue said...

Vicki, your card is great and she is going to love it! What a really cute stamp. You colored her up really nice too. I saw a stamp once that said "I'm a beautician, NOT a magician"
Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Everyone is busy this time of year so don't fret about blogging, it is supposed to be FUN!

Hugs
Sue

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Vicki, she is too cute for words....precious is more like it!! Lovey!

Shirley said...

Really cheerful and so vibrant and pretty too! Love the simplicity and the colors!

Sandy said...

She is so cute and I love country looking images. You have always made wonderful cards! Thanks for visiting my blog Vicki and leaving such a nice comment. Merry Christmas to you too!
Sandy

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the cute image and wonderful colouring.
hugs Sue xx

Rhonda Miller said...

This card is so cute. I just love the image you used.

Wishcraft said...

Such a cute image and love the colours too, lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Patti J said...

Your beautician is going to feel so special! Cute card, Vicki, and so beautifully colored! Hugs :-)

Chrissy said...

What a little sweetie Vicki..fabulous image for your hairdresser I'm sure she will love it.
Take care...

luv CHRISSYxx

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi Luv, Apologies for not being around, rushing finishing up all of the holiday rush. This is so cute and adorable, just lovin the composition and coloring.
Merry Christmas
Hugs

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

downrightcrafty said...

this is beautiful hun, did make me smile
Happy Christmas to you and wishing you a Prosperous New Year
Hugs Kate xx

Janette said...

Such a cute card, very sweet...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

Tammy said...

Terrific card, such a cute image! Enjoy your day in the kitchen!

bumblebee creations said...

eeekk....I love this Vicky!! May just have to pop over and purchase her!!

bumblebee creations said...

Yeah....I went over and purchased her already....too cute to pass up!!

Mad Moose said...

Very Cute! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Asha said...

Aaaaaw! She's precious! So so cute!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Julia Aston said...

What a perfect image for this card for your Hairdresser Vicki - isn't it awful when you have to change when someone did your hair just as you like it! Super coloring on this!

Céline said...

so cute Vicki, love the combo and image
hugs
céline

julieprice3 said...

What a cutie, very sweet card
Hugs Julie P

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card and sure to be appreciated by your hairdresser : ) I love the sweet image! Hope everything calms down for you soon too.

Anneke said...

wow, i love this adorable cutie.
perfect coloring and color combination.
i wish you a wonderful christmas with your family.
hugs to you.
Ann

crafty-stamper said...

love the cute image and fabulous colouring love the trim your hairdresser will love it -I am lucky my daughter used to manage a hairdressers so she does my hair when needed which is fantastic as she knows just how I have it done and best of all it's free(mind you I do treat her now and again lol)
Carol x

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable sweet card.
luv
Debby

Mary Lou said...

Hi there Vicki ....I am the bad blog visitor lately....just feeling alittle behind???so thanks for understanding:)). I strolled thru your blog and always love your ideas!! Your tags and cards are delish!!!
God bless this season!!
Til next time....smiles and love
Mary lou

Ellen said...

This is super cute Vicki! Sorry I haven't been to visit but I haven't been well. Have a joyous Christmas and a wonderful 2014!
Big hugs,
Ellen

Stef H said...

shees! i get that you post and when i get here you've got like a gazillion comments already! am i slow or is it my notifications? i'll blame it on the notifications - LOL.

this is absolutely darling! your coloring is spectacular.

i am NOT looking forward to anything but sun!!!! ugh! i'd better get my errands done now - LOL.

hugs :)

Lola said...

She is adorable and I love the layout. Keeping this for future inspiration.

ribenaruby said...

This is perfect for your hairdresser, can't remember seeing a fitting image for a long time but this great Vicki! It's hard to find that same friendship somewhere else who's a good listener too. Take care my friend! Ruby x

Basement Stamper said...

Great retirement card, love it!

nwilliams6 said...

Perfect card for a hairdresser retirement. Sweet image, you colored her perfectly and the sketch is wonderful for her. Hope you find another great stylist. I finally found a good one recently and would hate to lose her. Hugz

Jaspere said...

She is amazing!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so perfect for your hairdresser. I love the cute image and the fabulous design. I hate it when I get used to a certain person doing my hair and they retire or move, but I am sure you will find another fabulous hairdresser soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...