"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, December 2, 2013

Nontraditional Christmas Colors

Hello friends!  Welcome to December and Cyber Monday!
I do love me a good "cyber deal"! LOL!  Although I don't usually start shopping until a couple of weeks before Christmas, I do tend to buy those on-line gifts a bit earlier.
How about you?  Have you all got your shopping done?  I have decorated our house with lights inside and out and put up the tree...so at least I got that far! :)

I have been eye-balling these darling stamps over at The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS) and was lucky enough to have joined in their last challenge with a freebie and won a stamp set!  I can't wait for it to get here!  I couldn't help it, I had to get a couple more sets! :)
For their current challenge, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it because it looked more like Fall and I'm definitely ready for Christmas creating, so I grabbed one of their freebies and thought it worked out great...
I thought the freebie TAWS ornament with the design in the middle actually fit nicely with the inspirational photo.  (See photo below)  I picked up the colors from the photo as well as the brown table runner and the orange chevron (rick rack) design.  There is also a light green fabric tied around the jar that I mimicked with the ribbon on the ornament.  I've also took my gold Stickles to add sparkle to the ornament and a few gold dots in the corner.  Not my normal color combo for Christmas, but I think it turned out pretty cool!

So here are the challenges that I'd like to enter this card for:
TAWS Be Inspired - photo 42
http://www.thealleywaystamps.blogspot.com/2013/11/re-be-inspired-42.html
 
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2013/11/freshly-made-sketches-114-sketch-by.html
 
Creative Craft - non-traditional Christmas Colors
Crafts 4 Eternity - Non-traditional Christmas
 
So now it's back to more Christmas thoughts with making cards, baking and shopping!  Hope you are enjoying this festive time of year!  Thanks so much for popping in today!
Be back soon! ;)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

40 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Great design with the non-traditional colors! I got my tree up, but that was about it!

Tammy said...

Absolutely love it! Great looking in non-traditional colors! Congrats on the win!

aussie aNNie said...

They sure do have some great freebies and you have created a super card using them....love the non trad colours used....take care.xxxxxxx

Linda Suarez said...

I love the non-traditional colors! Fun card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deb said...

So gorgeous Vicki, love the sentiment!
I might take a peek at the cyber monday deals but we did very well with black friday shopping I am feeling a bit shopped out just now!
Hope you manage to get some bargains!

Debxx

Donna said...

Lush card Vicki, fab non tradtional colours and a really pretty design too...love this bauble image :) Donna ♥ x

ribenaruby said...

Great card Vicki, those colours are beautiful and so different for a festive card, fab job my friend! Ruby x

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful card for the two challenges Vicki! Love that cute ornament and the pop of the orange chevrons!

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on you win and great card with the non-traditional colours
carol x

Guylaine said...

your card is very pretty
thank you for participating in the challenge this week on Craft 4 Eternity

Sue said...

Love your take on this challenge. What a lovely card, and the ornament is so pretty.

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the image and the colours are wonderful.
Hugs Sue xx

Stef H said...

yeah! where is it written than xmas is red, white and green???? i love this!!!!

get ready for the big freeze this weekend. i think puppy will be shocked - LOL.

hugs :)

Kimberly S said...

This is so fun Vicki! I think that Christmas has become a free for all in colors made to match every taste in combinations. Love it! hugs, Kimberly

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Patti J said...

I'll be shopping there after Christmas! What a darling card, Vicki! Thanks for sharing :-)

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, So adorable, I think all colors work for Christmas, it helps having the right sentiment. The sketch really works great.
Hugs, Pat

Anneke said...

hello Vicky
i like the layout from this card and beautiful colors the sketch is done very well.
hugs from Ann

Amy Johnson said...

too cute! love the ric arc

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card vicki..love the untradtional colours and fabulous take on the challenges..awesome.

luv CHRISSYxx

downrightcrafty said...

A gorgeous creation just love it
Hugs Kate xx

Regina said...

Vicki, it's sunshine on your card! Beautiful look!

hugs Regina

Asha said...

WOW! This just fab, Vicki. Such rich lush colours... non-trad maybe, but it still works for Christmas. Well done, my friend.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Davi said...

Vicki I love your non traditional colored Christmas card, it is beautiful my friend :)

Ellen said...

Awesome christmas card Vicki! I struggle to make non traditional colors but you have really rocked it! Love your take on the sketch!!
Hugs
Ellen

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Vicki, love the design.

Donna x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous take on the inspiration Vicki!! I just love the nontraditional Christmas colors, the chevrons and your hanging ornament. Beautiful!!!
hugs,
Chris

Wishcraft said...

Oh fab design hun, great use of the colours too! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tammy said...

Adorable Christmas card Vicki! I love the non-traditional colors and the fabulous touches of gold!!
Hugs, Tammy

nwilliams6 said...

So pretty! I love yellow used as a Christmas card color. Your card is elegant and cool. Love it. Hugz!

Jen said...

I just love how you took the inspiration photo and turned it into this awesome Christmas card! So clever! Thanks for joining us at the BE Inspired challenge and Freshly Made Sketches!

Céline said...

Fab card, love the unusual colors for christmas
Hugs
Céline

Judith said...

Lovely card Vicki - such a great "crafty" effect - I just love it! Hugs Judith x

julieprice3 said...

I really like this colour combo, nicely done Vicki
Hugs Julie P

Lola said...

I love non traditional color Christmas cards and this is no exception. And you did a fabulous job with the photo inspiration!

NanaConnie said...

I LOVE this, Vicki! Magnificent use of the non-traditional colors.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, how pretty, Vicki!!! The non-traditional colors look fabulous and I love how you added the rick rack and the adorable ornament!!!

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "non-traditional Christmas colours” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Creative Craft Challenges)

coldwaters2 said...

I love this gorgeous card Vicki the non traditional colours look ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love the nontraditional colors and the great design! Fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...