"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, December 13, 2013

Season Greetings from a Penguin Gal Pal!

Well hello there! :)  Yes, I wish I COULD say that I've been madly working on my Christmas list of things to do including finishing up my Christmas cards, baking and even a few presents wrapped under the tree, but am I even mildly close to that yet?!!  Oh no!!  So right now I'm starting to feel a little "Christmas stress"!
I just need to remember to relax a bit, enjoy the process and know that it will all be over within a few weeks.

Is there anyone else out there having the same issues as me?...or I'm just wildly unprepared?!
So, I do have another tag to share with you and had so much fun putting it together actually!  With the really weird day that I had today, I'm surprised I even got to finish it!! LOL!!
I pulled out this REALLY cute Lawn Fawn stamp set that I had gotten to play with for the first time.  I really love these cute stamps!  The sets have some really fun things that go together how you want them to which makes it easier to create what you want.  The penguin, igloo and snowflake image came from the "Critters in the Snow" stamp set.  I've also used the "Bannerific" stamp set along with the matching die.

The purpose for this tag is for the "Ellen Houston's 12 tags of Christmas with a feminine twist" where we are to pick a tag made from one of the design team member's that we were inspired by and create our own tag based on it.  Of course I was really inspired by Kelly Alvarez's darling Yeti tag! (It as the Day 5 tag).  I changed up the colors just a bit, but followed most of the same design theme.  I even put eyelashes on my penguin for a feminine look! :)

Here's another closer look at the penguin details...
The metallic silver twine and background paper with the trees are also from Lawn Fawn as well.
To glitter up the the background card stock strips and white heart at the top, I've used some Iridescent Ice embossing powder to make it sparkle.  I've also used a snowflake from the "Critters in the Snow" stamp set and embossed it in white on the background paper.  The sentiment in the banner is from another Christmas set I had.  Penguin colored with Copics of course. :0)

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Ellen Houston (The CLASSroom blog) - 12 tags of Christmas with a feminine twist (tag 5)
Craft Your Passion - Let it Snow
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Created with Love (CWLC70) - anything goes
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC82) - anything goes Christmas
Papertake Weekly - Christmas Creatures
Simon Says - Let it Snow
Crafting for All Seasons - anything Christmas except a card
Aud Sentiments - Christmas tag + sentiment
Moving Along with the Times - Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I know that there are TONS and TONS of Christmas/winter/snow, etc related challenges, but I think I'm going to stop with it right there as I know some have restrictions on how many other challenges you can enter...so hopefully I have "followed the rules" with the challenges here! :)  I know I have LOTS and LOTS more Christmas crafting to do, so I know I'll be back with more to enter other challenges! whew!

OK, so now I'm going to try to work my through to Christmas ONE thing at a time!
Wish me luck and thanks for stopping in my friend!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

35 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Vicki this is such a cute tag, love that LF set!

Tammy said...

Cute tag, love the wonderful penguin and his icy igloo!

Carla S. said...

What a cute tag, Vicki! Love the images and details! BTW, you are not alone in your Christmas stress!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the cute image and beautiful colours.
I think I am feeling just like you with the stress of Christmas, it's my hubby's birthday next week too and I have still to make his card!
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a cute tag. I love the little penguin and his igloo home.

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

he s real cute - ty for playing along at Crafting from the Heart x

Olivia said...

Such a lovely tag and great sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

aussie aNNie said...

So cute with those penguins Vicki, and love the whole colour and creation.

Not sure why people stress over Christmas, take 10 deep breaths and relax those muscles...helps.xx

Teresa said...

Absolutely gorgeous x

Margreet said...

Haha Vicki, I'm just as unprepared as you are...I'm making commissioned cards in stead of Christmas cards for own use!
Your tag is gorgeous...love that cute penguin!
Have a great weekend!
♥♥♥ Margreet

Céline said...

so gorgeous Vicki, love the colors and little scene
hugs
céline

Alisonscraftybitzandbobs.blogspot.com said...

Vicki what a wonderful tag, love the image you have used so cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons and good luck with the challenge. Alison xx

Dawn Frost said...

You are not the only one wildly unprepared...me too! I think its because we're renovating so the house is a disaster. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it, lol! I love your tag and the eyelashes are totally adorable!

Sandy said...

Merry Christmas Vicki - this penguin is almost as cute as you!! Wonderful card Sugar but you have always made wonderful cards.
Merry Christmas!!
Sandy

Kimberly S said...

What an adorable tag Vicki! The image is so cute, and I love the little scene you've made!

I'm totally with you on the Christmas stress! No wrapping done, cards not finished, etc. lol

hugs, Kimberly

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful tag, love the eyelashes :)

Linda said...

This precious, Love it!

Elena said...

Wow! This tag is so cute!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and hopping with Lawnscaping blog!

Tammy said...

Awww this tag is adorable Vicki! I LOVE that sweet little penguin and your beautiful twine!!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

Such a cute, cute, cute tag, Vacki! Love that penguin and the red trees. :-D

Dawn Lancaster said...

What a cute little tag! I love he eyelashes!
"Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons this time!"
Good Luck
HUgs
Dawn xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is lovely, what a great card, and perfect for the challenge on MAWTT this week, Thanks for playing along, Love Hazelxox

Anneke said...

what a cute tag Vicky and gorgeous design.
have a nice week and hugs to you.
Ann

julieprice3 said...

What a cute little penguin, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

craftybunny said...

What a delightful tag.So merry and bright.The penguin really is a cutie.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Jennifer said...

Super fantastic penguin! Love the Igloo and the twine!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute tag.

Yes, Christmas seems unusually stressful this year. I think it's because Thanksgiving one so late, we've had one week less in-between the holidays to prepare.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute!!! I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Lola said...

This tag is adorable! Love his little rosy cheeks.

Mandy said...

Your tag is absolutely gorgeous Vicki, super cute and a wonderful design hun :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Asha said...

Cute tag!!!! Love it.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

crafty-stamper said...

I am soooo behind with Christmas stuff what with our house move falling through and illness I am close to giving in and going with basics this year! I still have cards to post and even bought some this year.I l;ove your Christmas tagcute penguin and igloo images,love all the sparkle
Carol x

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicky, So adorable... love all the sparkle papers. Love the eye lashes on the penguin, the tag turned turned out wonderful.
Hugs, Pat

Sharon Noble said...

Beautiful. I love your card Thank you so much for joining us at crafting from the heart. Hope to see you next time hugs Sharon ( DT) x

nwilliams6 said...

Great tag Vicki! Cute image and super colors! So it is Sunday and Christmas is Wednesday and I haven't finished decorating, didn't cook a thing except some dip for a Christmas party, don't have my items bought for Christmas Eve or Christmas dinner either. It is raining like crazy and too stormy to get out so the next few days are going to be mad rushes! I hope you are much more caught up than that! I am going to do better next year! LOL! Hugz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...