"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, December 20, 2013

Weiner Wishes for Christmas!

Hello friends!  It's the beginning of the very last weekend before Christmas day!
Are you ready yet?  Nope?  Neither am I! LOL!  I have pretty much finished up all of my cards except this one and another one last one that I wanted to send out.  I've also got half of my baking done and hope to be doing lots more of it today along with some more shopping.
Late nights and hopefully I can rest and sleep in next week! LOL!

Anyway, today I have this special card that I'd like to send to my doxie vet care-givers.  They are really great with her when we bring her in and have helped eased our worries with her so much.  If you follow along with me on Facebook, then you can see on my timeline that I shared a photo of her and my hubby at the vet.  They featured her on their Facebook page this week!  She's such a "Diva" as they all refer to her, so this is probably fitting! LOL!
Here's the card I made for them:
I've had this really CUTE image and sentiment for quite a while and I like to get them out and use them every once in a while.  They are from Cowtown Stamps.  The snowflake images are from a Lawn Fawn set that I had recently purchased. 
I embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder and the snowflakes are just stamped with the Crumb Cake color. (Same as card base.)  I even added a little holly and popped it out over the Christmas stocking that the doxies are tugging on.  The holly paper and felt holly accent are from Stampin' Up! (retired).  Since I'm getting pressured for time, I didn't make this too fussy or anything.  I found a sketch to follow along with which made it easier to figure out what to do with the image.

Here's the challenges I'd like to enter:
Try Stampin' on Tuesday - Sketch + twist: add a snowflake(s)..turned sketch upsidedown
Sweet Stampin' - Last Minute Christmas
Kaboodle Doodles - Christmas colors
The Squirrel and The Fox - Christmas or Hanukkah
Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes
Aud Sentiments - Christmas
Crafty Creations - anything goes

Hope you've enjoyed my Christmas design today and I'll be back again with another one or two more Christmas creations before we get to next week. :)  Thanks so much for popping in!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

34 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh your vet is going to love, love this card! Absolutely adorable!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card for your Vet - I'm sure they will love this! Sweet little felt holly there! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas Vicki!

Pat (mspfd) said...

It doesn't get cuter than this! What a great image and couldn't be more perfect for your vet! Great design, and card.

Have fun baking today. Your house must smell wonderful! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Carla S. said...

This is so adorable, Vicki! Great design and a super cute image!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. Such a cute image and wonderful design.
hugs Sue xx

ribenaruby said...

Aaawww Vicki, this is great to give to your vets! Ruby x

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is too cute for words, Vicki! I know I'm terrible about visiting, but I wanted to wish you Happy Holidays!!

Tammy said...

OMgosh this is so cute Vicki, I love that image!! Beautiful paper and the felt holly is a perfect touch!!
Hugs, Tammy

Gail said...

Darn cute card. I love dogs and this image is toooo cute. You colored these beautifully. GREAT card! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' challenge this week and hope to see you again soon! --Gail

Desire Fourie said...

This is adorable. Love the doggies and its a lovely and festive design.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Wishcraft said...

Such a fun image, this is fab hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

aussie aNNie said...

You just inspired me so much....I have a labrador stamp and am going to make our wonderful vet a card too...this is just so gorgeous Vicki.xxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so stinkin cute. I just love that image you used.

bumblebee creations said...

this is just too cute!!! Love it!! I hope you have the MERRIEST CHRISTMAS with your family VICKI!!

Kim said...

Love, love this card, but then I own two Weiners so maybe I am partial haha.Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Anneke said...

wow, i love this cute image and gorgeous christmas card.
Merry Christmas to you and your family and hugs from Ann

Kylie said...

What a great image and sentiment. Love everything! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Heather G said...

This card is so cute. My neigher has "weiner" dogs and they play like this all the time. Thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a precious holiday card, Vicki! I love these delightful pups and your pretty holly embellishment!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable.
luv
Debby

julieprice3 said...

This is so cute! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and New Year
Hugs Julie P

Céline said...

fab card Vicki, love the fun image
hugs
céline

nwilliams6 said...

Great and very personal Christmas card for your vet. Fun image and I love how you used it and colored it. Cute, cute, cute. Hugz!

Norhalma said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing your work and playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog. Merry Christmas!

crafty-stamper said...

cute image made me smile love the felt flowers my last Christmas card was very CAS AND why didn't I do all of them like that????
Carol x

Hayley Kew said...

Cute, cute, cute! And I love the felt embellishment!!! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Asha said...

LOL...This card is definitely from sweet Cocoa! Those little doggies are toooo darm cute! Aaaaaw! Happy Christmas, sweetie!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Joan Ervin said...

This is just the cutest card, Vicki....the sparkle is so festive and I love the felt details!!!!

Shirley said...

You certainly are the expert on cute and pretty at the same time! Love the whole card and every detail!!

sparkling stamper said...

Oh this is the absolute cutest doxie card I have ever seen!

Thanks for sharing!

kathy b
Aud Sentiments DT

Patricia St Martin said...

Just adorable! This is such a fun card, the doggies are so cute. Love the felt embellishments.
Hugs, Pat

Sue from Oregon said...

Love this card...a wiener dog lover here!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh I love your tug-a-war weiner dogs, this is so cute!!! Christmas came at us like a freight train this year and between working and shopping and wrapping, I lost valuable sleep, lol. Making up for it now.

Lola said...

How cute is this?! And I bet the vet really appreciated it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...