"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

You've Been Frosted!

Hello friends!  Yes, I am still around! :)  Just got many things going on here at home to take care of and not finding much time to get into my stamp room lately.  As it is with the Holiday Season, it seems that everything happens all at once for some reason! LOL!

I am still trying to follow along with what's been going on around blog land and I saw that
The Paper Shelter is having a special 3rd birthday blog hop and challenge.  I did get a couple of images a while back, so I thought I'd print one out and play along with the fun today!
I think this image is so fun with her purple hair and frosting dripping everywhere!  It looks like me baking in the kitchen making my Christmas cookies!  LOL!  Well, not AS cute as this one though!! :)
I think in this photo that the colors look a bit wonky than it does in real life.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! and cut out with a banner die cut.  I also added some coloring and rhinestones to it before popping it out over the oval at the bottom.  The layout of the papers and the image itself was printed out in color from my computer as this is how the digital files come from The Paper Shelter.  (This one is called License to Frost.)  You can also choose to print out the outline image and color yourself, but I liked the colors on her.  All I did was add an outline around the image with my Copics and added some glitter to her wings.  I cut her out in an oval frame and matted her before I put her over the printed out digital papers.  Very easy and fast!
Glad I got this one out to play, I'll have to play around with my other images sometime too! :)

Here's some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
The Paper Shelter - "Special" birthday
2 Sisters - anything goes
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC81) - anything goes
Crafty Creations - anything except Christmas
Fab 'n' Funky - A Touch of Frost (frosting!...yum!)
Flutterby Wednesday - Any Winged Creature
Penny's Paper Crafty - Bingo/Tic Tac Toe (Ribbon, Glitter, Flowers)
Pile it On (PIO48) - "P" is for...(purple/pink, polka dots, pointy ears, piles of frosting, petals)

I hope you've enjoyed my frosty fun creation today!  Probably not what you were expecting, but that's why you hang out with me, right?!  Never know what I'm going to do!! :)
I hope that you enjoy your week and are able to get crafty!  I'll be back again soon with another something fun to share with you!!  Thanks for stopping in!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

47 comments:

Stef H said...

o boy! is this ever gorgeous!!!!! hope you're baking up a storm - LOL.

hugs :)

Chrissy said...

So pretty Vicki..gorgeous colouring and sparkle.love the flowers and bow..gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Danni said...

What pretty colors! Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Asha said...

oh my! she's adorable, vicki! you've got just the right papers too.
hugs, Sunny Summer Crafts

crafty-stamper said...

gorgous image and love the co-ordinating papers and colours,gorgeous bow
Carol x

Nannieflash said...

Beautifully coloured Vicki, love how youve used one of our stamps. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Carla S. said...

What a great card, Vicki! Love the colors and all the sparkle! Fun image!

Gail said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous. The image is so darned cute...but the colors are what jumped out at me. I adore all these bright colors...I don't think they look wonky at all. :) (Yes, I read all of the post!) I adore the colored images from TPS and have used a couple since they're colored really great. I love your outlining and shading around the edge of the oval and the flowers are perfect with the ribbon. Beautiful card and I'm glad that you joined our challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. PLEASE come back again..your artwork is beautiful Hugs,Gail

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is drop dead gorgeous! Your cards are the best!!

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! this is so adorable Vicki, love the sweet image and scrummy details.

Donna x

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image and you have colored it beautifully, Vicki!!!! Love all the pretty colors, papers, flowers, and other details, too!!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicky. I love the pretty image and fabulous colours with beautiful embellishments too.
hugs Sue xx

Berni Cuttino said...

Hi Luv, so sorry for not being around, holiday season here in the USA and see not feeling up to par. This beauty is so darling and beautifully colored. Lovin the hair, swirl and DP. Sweet beauty
Hugs

Wishcraft said...

Adorable! Love the image and the colours are very pretty, fab card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, the fairy is absolutely adorable and wonderful colors and coloring! Love your use of flowers! Great card!

Rhonda Miller said...

That image is so cute. I just love your card.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card love this image too, the frosting, icecream is melting here too lol....awesome colouring and love the hair.xxx

Ardilla said...

WOW... very cute... love the purple hair!!!
Have a good day, my friend :)

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow my friend! Love this precoloured image, so quick to do and a brilliant design too. Have a great friday. Ruby x

Davi said...

This is beautiful Vicki, I love the pretty aqua and purple together and the image is so sweet! Havea great weekend :)

Amy Johnson said...

Too cute! Love all the purple and sparkle!

Julia Aston said...

Love how you glittered up your cute image Vicki!

Patti J said...

Vicki, what a pretty card! Your coloring is always a treat! Thanks for the inspiration!

Olivia said...

Absolutely adore this image and love your creation. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet Vicki!! I just love your coloring with the added sparkle and your choice of colors and layout!!
hugs,
Chris

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous card, love the image and colours
Hugs Kate xx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki.. this card is so wonderful and pretty.. love your creation... It`s so lovely.

Hugs
Anja

Céline said...

Fantastic card Vicky, love the combo and design
Hugs
Céline

Laura Lunsford said...

Beautiful card! I love that image and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a beautiful week! Laura

Tammy said...

Just beautiful Vicki, I love this gorgeous color combo!!
Hugs, Tammy

CheerDown said...

Gorgeous colour scheme thanks for joining our Touch of Frost Challenge at Fab n Funky
Alli Dx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Vicki I love your choice of image she is one of my favourites, I love how you have used the oval to frame her the colours are very pretty
hugs
lorraine x

Kimberly S said...

She is just too fun, and your color combination is fabulous Vicki! Hope you've had a lovely weekend. :) hugs, Kimberly

Dawn Frost said...

Vicki, you've captured me baking, lol! The part where there's stuff on the floor and dripping out of the bags! Fantastic card!

Angela said...

I love what you did with the coloured version of license to frost!!!
Thank you for joining us in our Special Birthday challenge and good luck!!
xxAngela

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh she is so adorable!!! Love the colors and the flowers and the great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, thank you so much for joining our 3rd Birthday celebrations at The Paper Shelter.
Hugs Debs

Patricia St Martin said...

So adorable is that image and your coloring is fantastic. I love those colors for the papers and the flowers.
Hugs, Pat

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

One of my favourite Paper Shelter images and your card is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter for our Third Birthday Celebrations - good luck! Susan x

Rach83 said...

I like what you did there! Such a great take on our "A Touch of Frost" challenge. Fab image and super card.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Rachel x

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki, loving these colours together and a really cute image too...espesh her purple hair, so cool! :) Donna ♥ x

Lola said...

She is a CUTIE!! I like how you made her your own by adding all the glittery goodness!

Marie said...

This is really lovely. It looks stunning. Great added details too. Thanks for joining us over at the PaperShelter.
Love n hugs
Marie

julieprice3 said...

Shes a real cutie, love the colours, very sweet
Hugs julie P

Craftyanny said...

Great card Vicki. You've coloured her beautifully and the little bit of sparkle on her wings looks fab.
Thanks for hopping along with the Paper Shelter
Anne x

Joey said...

Hiya Vicki hun, this is stunning, beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at the papershelter. Joey xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...