quote of the day:

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." - Albert Einstein

Monday, January 13, 2014

It's a Penguin Parade!

Hello friends!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend and ready to start another Monday in the New Year!
Today I have several more penguin creations to share with you as promised.
Do you remember those Memory Box penguin stamps?  I went a little crazy a few years back and bought several of them, I think I fell in love with them all! LOL!
So I decided to put them to use today and make these special requested penguin cards for Operation Write Home and I've already got them mailed out!
These are all simple cards really, but I enjoyed putting them together because the penguin stamps were easy to color as well...not much to these and I my ideas mostly came from sketches that I've used.
I used a sentiment that came with the penguin stamp and then add three dots to the end of it.
When you open the card, the inside says:  "You're the best!"
So I thought this card could be for anytime of the year for the soldiers really.
The colors are Baked Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky.

Here are the challenges I want to enter this card for:
Operation Write Home - Sketch #205

Cards and More - anything goes
The Crafter's Cafe - anything goes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


For my second penguin card, I still went simple, but wanted to party a bit....
LOL!!  I think I may have partied TOO much with this card because as I was trying to color in my penguin pal, I opened up a marker lid and the some ink splotched down all over the square penguin panel!  ACK!  So...instead of "redoing" my penguin, I decided to incorporate it into my design and added a few more "ink splotches" on my design and then took my yellow Copic marker and added a few more colorful dots to it.  I guess a mistake can add some "interest" to your design if you let it!  I think it gives it sort of a watercolor look to it!  I've also used a sentiment from my stash of Darcie's Stamps and the tiny stars and dots you see were stamped with an Alley Way stamp set.

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my "party penguin" card for:
Freshly Made Sketches - whoops!  Missed the deadline!  :(
Divas by Design - Let's Celebrate
Fab 'N' Funky - Let's Celebrate
Inky Chicks - anything goes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And for my third card, I used a stamp to make a subtle background...
I wanted to keep this one simple too, but I loved the idea of stamping the potted flowers several times to make a background strip with the "punny" sentiment to go with it.
The flower image was with my Memory Box penguin stamp and the sentiment is from a Darcie's Stamp set.
I think the little penguin is subtle with the brightly colored flowers that really makes him pop out.

Here is the challenge for this card:
MOJO Monday - MOJO328


So I hope you've enjoyed my penguin parade for you today! :)  I feel good that these are already out in the mailbox and will soon be on the way to someone else to pass along a smile to!
Thanks so much for popping in and I'll see you again soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

44 comments:

Sue said...

Awwww I love your cute penguins so much Vicki! Your designs and colours are gorgeous and such fabulous sentiments too.
Thanks for making me smile!
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Each card is absolutely adorable and I love your happy accident! Looks terrific!

Wishcraft said...

Love those cute penguins! They're all fab cards hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

aussie aNNie said...

These are just so cute, gorgeous CAS cards and loving the penguins and their lovely sentiments. I just love them all.xxxx

jimlynn said...

You could never show too many penguin cards for me......I LOVE all of them!!! Cute little guys and fabulous cards!
Lynn

Danni said...

I have some of those penguin stamps!! LOL! I should dig mine out! Cute cards!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are so fun. I love the cute penguins.

MiamiKel said...

Girl, you so totally ROCK the CAS cards!! I am in love with your oopsie card, I think that is the exact thing crafters are supposed to do when we have a boo-boo! :) All the penguins here are too too sweet :) x0x0

Ardilla said...

Hi, Vicki! What a great job, love these penguins...
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Patti J said...

They're all adorable! Who can resist a sweet penguin? Great job, dear friend!

Eulanda said...

LOL! I love your penguin parade!! So cute all of them!! Hugs!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little penguins are sooo cute, Vicki....they are perfect for any occasion and I love all the layouts you used!!!! Awesome cards, gf!!!!

Berni Cuttino said...

Now here is the scoop, I love me some penguins, Your beauties are amazingly beautiful and wonderfully CAS.
Hugx

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Oh they're all so cute.
luv
Debby

nwilliams6 said...

Fun penguin cards Vicki - each one is really fun, colored wonderfully, and the sketches are great. You are so sweet making these and sending them off for such a wonderful cause. Sorry I have been MIA a lot lately - just now really catching up from the holidays and the flooding we had here and at work. Hugz!!!

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous and cute.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

{Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

Amy Johnson said...

such cute cards. I especially love the third one with the stamped background.

Susangail Powell said...

the penguin is adorable! I especially love how you stamped the paper to make your own dsp.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love penguin images. Each and every card is so precious and will be much loved by the heros serving our country!

Margreet said...

Love all your penguin cards Vicki....so adorable....thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

All great CAS card lobve the penguin images-great B.paper on the last one-love the happy accident splats on the middle one and great sentiment on the first
carol x

Marlies said...

Oh these are beautiful cards Vicki. The pinguins are adorable!! Beautiful made!! hugs, Marlies

Deb said...

They are all adorable and well done getting them mailed out already! I must get on with more OWH cards soon!
Debxx

bumblebee creations said...

so fun and cute cute cute!!! Don't ya hate it when you have a card/ or idea all in your head, just to find out you missed the deadline?!!! Have a great day Vicki!

Donna Mosley said...

Great cards Vicki, love the very cute penguins.

Donna x

Céline said...

fab cards, love the combo of the first one
hugs
céline

Holly Young said...

These are all so cute Vicki! I love how you did the dots behind the penguin on the second card. Somehow I lost your blog and just found you again today!

Pat K said...

Adorable cards Vicki. Thank you so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Anneke said...

hello Vicky
these cards are so adorable and the pinquin is realy cute.
hugs to you.
Ann

Asha said...

LOVE this penguin!!! And the cards are simple but totally adorable - not an easy balance but you've nailed it, my friend!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Stef H said...

I know you and penguins! these are all fabulous. definitely brought a huge smile to my face.

hope you're staying warm. I am soooooooo sick of winter!!!

hugs :)

Linda . J said...

Love your cards Vicki and the penguins are so adorable, love the clean cut style too.
Hugs Linda

Tammy said...

Awww these penguins are so cute Vicki, I love all of them... perfect for OWH!
Hugs, Tammy

Dewi Lestari said...

Lovely as always! Thanks for joining at Cards and More: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi GDT

julieprice3 said...

Love the little penguins, very cute
Hugs Julie P

Patti said...

Sweet cards! I especially like the "Here's the scoop" card!

Gaby said...

So sweet! Thank you for joining us at cards und more.
Hugs, Gaby

Regina said...

hello, Vicki
so a fun card! The little penguins are cute!

hugs Regina

Dawn Frost said...

I love penguins Vicki, your cards are all adorable. Great take on the sketches.


Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are all so super cute!!! I love them.

Lola said...

These are all so cute and what a wonderful cause. Great sketches - that I'm tucking away for later!

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Vicki these are ACE I love those cute penguin images also the lovely simple design and colour choices, excellent creations.
hugs
lorraine x

Lynn McAuley said...

I love these delightful penguin design!! What precious card, Vicki!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...