Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Party Your Robot Off!

Hello friends!  It seems like forever since I posted and I don't know why, but I think most of my time has been trying to stay warm through our cold weather!
I'm so glad that this will be the coldest day of the week and start getting warmer!
Hope you are all staying warm except for those friends over in Australia...they are in the midst of hot summer days!  Yes, I'm jealous!! LOL!  I'm sure it will be our turn soon and then we will be complaining about how hot it is!! It's how it goes...always wanting something "else"!

I just have a quick and cute little card to share with you today for the fabulous party going on over at The Alley Way Stamps as they celebrate their 3rd birthday!
Don't you just love this cute little robot?!  He's from the Lighter than Air stamp set by The Alley Way Stamps.   I've just colored him in with my Copic markers and fancy cut him out so that I could arrange him holding the three balloons on the card!  The sentiment is from the TAWS All About YOU stamp set.  (I didn't have any TAWS birthday sets, but I thought this sentiment would work.)  The is the FIRST time I've used these sets...so I'm very excited about getting them out!

So for the balloons, all I did was punch out some small ovals with my Stampin' Up! punch and then used some white ink to give some dimension on them and then I added the twine and strung it down to the robot's hand as if he's holding them for the special birthday person! :)  And I wanted to be sure to use THREE balloons in symbolic of the third birthday for The Alley Ways Stamps!
I brushed some chalk in the background to make a nice warm sky...yes, I'm wishing!   Then I just rounded the corners of my card so that it sort of mimics the robot's head.

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
TAWS Blog - 3rd birthday celebration (Use at least one TAWS image to enter)
Charisma Cardz - Birthdays (Happy 5th birthday to you too!)
Brown Sugar - Use Ribbon or Twine
Allsorts - free & easy
Loves Rubber Stamps (LRSBC85) - anything goes
Shopping Our Stash (SOS133) - Use something new (stamps)
Top Tip Tuesday - Clean & Simple
Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark

I saw something that caught my eye while watching some videos, so I think I'm going to be in my stamp room today working on something else fun to share!!  I wish I didn't have to go out in this cold to get my hair cut...but I really need my hair cut!! LOL!!  I will be around to see what you've all been up to!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!!  I'm glad you're here!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

50 comments:

PiecesByEmily said...

This is so adorable, Vicki. Thank you for joining our birthday celebrations!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, how adorable. Spectacular one layer card. Love the dimension, and you did a fabulous job creating the sky and grounding the image. Awesome work.

Regina said...

Vicki, this card make me smile! Fun image!

Hugs Regina

Donna said...

Great card Vicki! That little robot is adorable!! Thanks for playing along with the "something new" challenge at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Gram's Treasures said...

Sweet card, and what a great idea with that twine and the balloons! So glad you could join us for our Birthday challenge at Charisma. Hope you will join us again soon.
Joyce xx

Chrissy said...

Your little robot is so cute Vicki..fabulous colouring and love the sky..great card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

Too cute Vicki, such a sweet little robot and a really fab CAS design :) Donna ♥ x

Sue said...

awwww the cutest robot, beautiful colouring and I love balloons.
I hope your weather improves soon.
hugs Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

cute robot and love how you coloured him and cut image out to put strings behind and love the warm sky-we have cold rain!
Carol x

Donna Mosley said...

This is so CUTE Vicki, love it!

Donna x

Tammy said...

Adorable CAS card Vicki! I love that little robot and the fun balloons!!
Hugs, Tammy

Sarah said...

Fantastic robot card Vicki, I love the balloon strings you've added, gives great extra dimension. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Tammy said...

Just terrific Vicki, love the little robot and his balloons! Cute, cute, cute!

Tonnie Deijkers said...

this is very cute thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week and good luck

Jennifer said...

Fabulously done my friend! Love the twine with the balloons, and this cute robot to!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

aussie aNNie said...

awwww it's just so cute...loving it my friend...hey keep warm and if it makes you feel better it's a lot cooler here today...still sitting with a tank and shorts on..xxx

Joan Ervin said...

OMG!!! This is sooo cute, Vicki...what a darling little bot and your coloring is fabulous!!!! Hope it warms up for you soon!!!

downrightcrafty said...

so cute and love the colouring
hugs Kate xx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Dear Vicki,
your robot is soooo cuddly and easy to love.

Wish you for 2014 all all the best.

Hugs
Anja

Eemeli said...

Great design. Thanks for joining our "5th Birthday" -celebrations at Charisma Cardz.

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is just so creative. Love those balloons tied to the string.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

What a fun card, bright and cheerful
Love the use of the bakers twine for the strings on the balloons.

Hugs
Sue

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Oh how CUTE, Vicki! Love your little robot w/ his colorful balloons. LOL on the colored tape on my Copics. It's still on a bunch of them after I took my Copic certification classes last year. I took some with me and we were told to do this so they wouldn't get mixed up with the class markers. I just haven't gotten around to taking it off of all of them.

Céline said...

fun guy card , love the robot
hugs
céline

Céline said...

fun guy card , love the robot
hugs
céline

Julia Aston said...

Love this cute robot Vicki! We're frozen as well - but it's going to be 50 on Saturday with rain!

Jo Grason said...

I love this robot, I think my son would too! adorable card. Thanks for celebrating our 5th birthday with us at Charisma Cardz, good luck! Jo x

julieprice3 said...

How cute and just perfect for a boy, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Athina said...

How cute! Great job on the clouds in the background! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

MiamiKel said...

Super fun, Vicki! What a charming card - fun colors and little sweet balloons!! Blessings to you!

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, he is sooooo cute! You did a fab job coloring him - especially on his face. Impressively fun card. Hugz!

ribenaruby said...

Vicki, this is super! Cute robot and a very effective cas card. Ruby x

{Chrissie} said...

I adore your coloring! That robot is so sweet!

Thanks for partying along with us at TAWS during the birthday celebration!

Patricia St Martin said...

OK back on line and ready to go... Anyhoo, over the top cute, darling robot image and nice touches for the background. Darling sentiment.
Hugs, Pat

Asha said...

Balloons and robot - a quirky but fab partnership...and utterly adorable. Well done, Vicki!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Lindsey said...

This card is adorable! LOVE it!

Dana said...

The sentiment is perfect!!! I love love that robot and you colored him beautifully!!! Thanks for playing along with the TAWS birthday celebration!!!

Sabine said...

Love your sweet robot!! Thank you for joining the TAWS birthday challenge :)

PaperDaisies said...

Love how you have created the sky. Love the way you have colured the robot. Great job. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

monikaskinner said...

Hi Vicki. Great 3rd Birthday card. Love your background and beautiful colouring of the robot. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Danielle Vincent said...

This is an absolutely terrific card Vicki. I love the extra attention to gave to it (rounding the corners to match the robots head - the 3 balloons) and the twine strings. Your coloring is also fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Stephanie M. said...

totally adorable! thanks for joining TTT challenge this fortnight!! Steph DT - www.cardmakingpassion.com

Larelle-Susanne Thoms said...

love this, loved your card, super cute, Thanks for Joining the Anything Goes ~Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge. Hope to see more of your amazing Cards in future challenges.. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Lisa Sumpter said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us over at Charisma Cardz this challenge. Good luck in the draw!

Lisa xox
Paper Craft Bliss

♥Gemma♥ said...

Awesome card and thank you for playing along at ATSM for our Make your mark challenge and good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma ~ GDT Addicted to stamps and More

Lola said...

LOVE everything about this card. Keeping it for future case-ing. Adorable in every way!!

Annette said...

Wow, this is lovely. I love the simple design and the soft clouds.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stampfairy.

Shirley said...

Your robot is precious and will be enjoyed long after the day! The balloons and layers little guy are just so cute!!