quote of the day:

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." - Albert Einstein

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Shape Up the New Year with an Old Edwin

Hello friends!  Hope you are having a great weekend!
I have some fun things planned with my family, so I know I'll be busy doing that while this post goes up for the new challenge we have for you at

ADDICTED TO STAMPS

For the first challenge of the new year, we would like to see your SHAPELY creations!
So basically anything that's not the common square or rectangle kind will work..remember to stamp it too!

Here's what I've decided to make for my creation:
I've made one of these a couple of years back that was on my old blog and still had the pattern for it, so I pulled it out again to make this bottle card for a New Year design!  I couldn't believe how old this Edwin stamp is that I have, but I wrote on the package what it is and it's the "Party Edwin" from the "Christmas and Winter 2007" collection!  Yikes!  Not sure if this is even around anymore, but I thought he was perfect for the front of my bottle card! :)  He did have some wings on him like the older Magnolia stamps do, but I just decided to cut them off when I fancy cut around the stamped image.

I've popped him up on the oval with the glitter gold card stock.  You can see if you look closely that I've added a tiny rhinestone to the bottle he's holding.  I was trying to mimic the top of my bottle card with it.  For the top of my bottle, I pulled out some gold waffle paper to wrap around it and then I took some black ribbon to wrap around it as well and then just added a punched circle of gold glitter card stock and a star rhinestone over that.

Oh...remember my last post with my "DO" word and wanting to fully complete my cards?
Here's what the inside of my bottle card looks like and I've even made a custom envelope to go along with it so that it is completely ready to go when I need it! Yay!

This was such a fun card to make!  I think it would also be great for a wedding, anniversary or some type of celebration besides New Year.  I'm actually going to save this for part of my Christmas card collection because there always seems to be someone that I forget to send a card to until AFTER Christmas is over...so I thought this would work out great and I'd have it on hand when I needed it!

Here are some other challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
Craft Your Passion - Something New
Creative Craft - anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Celebration
C.R.A.F.T. - anything goes
Creative Knockouts - All that Glitters
Card Makin' Mamas - anything goes

So I hope you'll be able to join us with your shapely creation and please stop by the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog to see all of the other shapely inspiration from the rest of my design team friends!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

36 comments:

Patti J said...

That Edwin is such a handsome feller! This is adorable, Vicki...cute as can be! Thanks for sharing :-)

Tammy said...

There is nothing like the oldies but goodies we have in our stash! Love, love your bottle, very clever and creative!

Anneke said...

happy new year Vicky and you started with such a gorgeous creation.
Edwin is so cute on the bottle and a nice card for a man.
hugs to you.
Ann

Margreet said...

Gorgeous bottle with the 'old' Edwin, Vicki....fab matching inside and envelope....ready to be sent!
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

This is wonderful Vicki, such a fabulous design. I love all your detailing and adorable image too.
hugs Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Super cool creation, love Edwin inside his 'bottle' brilliant idea.xx

Davi said...

Fabulous Vicki! love the cool bottle shape and pretty embellies, great start for the New Year :)

Céline said...

Oh My Vicki, so fab design love the idea ;)
hugs
céline

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, This is a wonderful idea for a card. It is so nice to make different shape cards they always go over so nice. Edwin is a perfect image for the shaped card and the extra embellishments tops it off.
Hugs, Pat

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and Happy New Year!

Jo

Berni Cuttino said...

Happy New Year. This is simply a fabUlous beauty. Just love this shape and all the finishing touches.
Hugs my friend

julieprice3 said...

Happy New Year my friend, Some wonderful cards since my last visit, nice work, looking forward to another wonderful and creative year ahead
Hugs Julie P

Marlies said...

A beautiful card and a fantastic idea!! The matchting envelope is a good idea as well. hugs, Marlies

Lynn McAuley said...

This is absolutely fabulous, Vicki!
What a sensational shape card to welcome in the new year!!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous bottle shaped card and love the image and slightly vintage look to the card
carol x

NGCARDS said...

Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and I hope you will continue to play along with our challenges! xxx

NGCARDS said...

Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and I hope you will continue to play along with our challenges! xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Great card shape Vicki! This is a perfect card for New Years. Love that cute image too. Fun stuff. Hugz!

Deb said...

Totally love this Vicki, what a fun card, that is a great bottle shape!
Happy New Year
Debxx

bumblebee creations said...

O my goodness, he is adorable! Love this card, Vicky!

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a fun shaped card. Love it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a fun shaped card. Love it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Wishcraft said...

Such a fun design hun, fab card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love the shape & cute image.

Donna x

Tammy said...

Oh I love this Vicki!! Fabulous bottle shape and such a cute image!
Hugs, Tammy

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, this is so clever and so well done! What a fabulous card to welcome the New Year!

Asha said...

Always a dapper young man....at any age! A handsome card, Vicki.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Regina said...

WOW….was my 1st reaction when I saw this card!
Perfect for the new year!
sending hugs
Regina

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute design and image! Thanks for joining Creative Knockouts Challenge!

Sue said...

HA, I had this pattern out for a card for New Year's but it didn't happen. Love your wine bottle card and Edwin looks so spiffy!

Hugs
Sue

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely love your bottle card Vicki! Great image and so apt. Ruby x

Lola said...

Lovin' your bottle! And the top/cap is perfect (I don't drink wine/champagne - but it sure looks like what I've seen in stores)! I can't imagine what he would look like with wings because he looks perfect as is. Fabulous card!

Lola said...

Lovin' your bottle! And the top/cap is perfect (I don't drink wine/champagne - but it sure looks like what I've seen in stores)! I can't imagine what he would look like with wings because he looks perfect as is. Fabulous card!

Penny said...

I thought I already commented on this. I love this project its great. But I especially like the gold foil for the top of the bottle!

thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin Mama's

Shirley said...

How festive and what a cutie he always is. Perfect for ringing in the New Year too! Hope yours was great and have a Happy Healthy New one too!

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for mentioning this blog, I have entered the card.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...