MY BIRTHDAY BLOG CANDY!!

Two winners will be chosen to receive one of the two stamps I am offering up on THIS BLOG POST! You have until October 28, 2014 to enter when I will close comments. I will announce the winner on October 29, 2014 right here on my blog!
"Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." - Mother Teresa

Friday, January 3, 2014

Some NEW Things in the New Year!

Hello friends and welcome to 2014!!!
Hope that you all enjoyed your Holidays and are ready to get into the New Year!
I sure am and this is not normally like myself to feel so excited about starting another year, but THIS year, I am!  I have a new word to tell myself this year which is "DO"
Instead of "wishing", "hoping", "wanting", "waiting", etc, etc....it's just going to be "DO"!

We all have a long list of "To do's", but this is more of a mental state of mind for me this year.
I always seem to look back and say, IF only I had done this or done that....blah blah blah...so this year I'm actually going to DO it!! :)
One way to start this off is by DOing up my cards and fully completing them so that they are ready to go with my stamped signature on the back, a greeting on the inside and an envelope to go with it!

I also plan on being "true" to myself and DOing the things that I enjoy DOing with the things that I enjoy DOing things with!  So brace yourself for all types of different creations on my blog this year!  Could be anything from very intricate, delicate designs, to the most simple and quirky of designs!

A motivation for me for "being true to myself" was a stamp set I saw and instantly fell in love with it and I just KNEW I had to have it!  Here's my creation:
I made this card with the True Colors stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps.  It has so many different images with it that there are so many fun possibilities in how it can be used!
I was also inspired by the current BE INSPIRED challenge (photo below) and so I've used the colors similar to the photo with the balloons and colored the brush with my Copic markers, but for the tip of it, I've covered it with some gold Stickles along with some drops underneath it.  I've also taken the same colors from the brush strokes and used them on my "color" sentiment.

Here are the challenges that I would like to enter this for:
BE Inspired Challenge - challenge #45 (NEW challenge blog!)

COLOR is my word




I'm showing my age here, but I have always really loved this song by Cyndi Lauper called "True Colors" and this has recently inspired me with the New Year..so I wanted to share the video:


I look forward to starting a great new year on my blog and I hope you will enjoy what I will be sharing with you too! :)

I was so excited to receive my winnings from a blog hop that I had participated in during the Holidays and it felt like another Christmas present to open!  Check out this matching set of goodies!
I'm so excited and can't wait to start using everything here!
Hope you've enjoyed my creation this evening and that I've provided you with some inspiration for the New Year!  I will be back again tomorrow with another something new and unexpected!
Hope you'll be back for that!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

31 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

I love love love your card Vicki!! I too, am excited about the New Year-I hope to be more organized!! : ) (and lose weight) :0)

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so different from your usual style. I really love this. It is so creative and artistic!

PiecesByEmily said...

Beautiful! I love the sparkles on the brush. Thanks for joining us at BIC challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki, wow just loooove this awesome card....sparkling and different, which is why I like it.xxx

Basement Stamper said...

Happy new Year! Love your word and the gold dipped paint brush-very cute!

Dawn Frost said...

What a perfect CAS card, LOVE the simplicity and colours!

Jaspere said...

Love the glitter paint brush...great card too.

MiamiKel said...

Wonderful word, wonderful,post!! What a lovely card! The inspiration photo had me perplexed :) best wishes in the challenges! Xo

Davi said...

Vicki, loving this card and really loving your plans of being true to yourself doing what you are inspired to do my friend!! Im looking forward to all your creations this year :)

ribenaruby said...

Hi my friend, Loved reading your post, soooo inspiring. I remember Cyndi Lauper and this song too, beautiful inside and out. Wishing you a fab start to 2014! Ruby x

Sue said...

Happy New Year Vicki, I do hope it is a good one for you and your family.
Your card is wonderful, I love the design and beautiful sentiment.
hugs Sue xx

Anneke said...

A happy new year for you too my friend! And what a lovely colorfull card :) Love it! Hugs Anneke

Margreet said...

Happy New Year Vicki...I'm just like you...everything ending on 'ING'...indeed it's just going to be 'DO'....so I just removed the Christmas things and mopped up the floor instead of first making a card and then not mopping at all...thinkING I'll do it tomorrow.
Now about your card....it is wonderful...love that stamp and the sentiment is gorgeous.
Enjoy your weekend!
xxx Margreet

nwilliams6 said...

Great resolutions! Mine are similar - Hope we both keep them. I love true colors too - a wonderful song and message and your card totally reflects it. Awesome card - love the way you did the tip and the drips - very inspiring! Hugz!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love your card. The glitter on the paint brush is so fun.

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful way to start out the year, Vicki....I need to follow your example because I am always scrambling to finish a card to get sent out!!!! Your card is sooo cute...Love the CAS design and all the sparkle!!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki Gorgeous CAS card and love how your image turned out with those beautiful colors. What I need to do is work ahead so I'm not always last minute and cleaning OUT my craft room of thing I have not used in years and not to make room for new stuff. Also starting NOW keeping up with comments, I'm so tired of falling behind. I love what your are doing.
Hugs Pat

Tammy said...

Terrific card, love the wonderful images! The gold tip brush is pretty clever! Congrats on your new stash, enjoy!

{Chrissie} said...

Wow! What a great take on the inspiration picture! That pop of gold is perfect! Thanks for playing along with the BE Inspired Challenge!!!

Deb said...

Gorgeous card! And I love your word to DO. Simply fabulous. Happy New Year and thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Meg said...

I Love your card - simple sparkly and fantastic.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card love the sentiment and loaded paintbrush and congratulations on your blog hop winnings
Carol x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your mojo is smokin" Love this CAS creation with a fresh design and wonderful colors.

Asha said...

Beautiful advice to start the year. Hope 2014 treats you well, my friend!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Asha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina said...

hello, my friend
your card is simply fabulous!
Congrats to the fantastic price!
hugs Regina

sanketi said...

A lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays !

Lola said...

First, congrats on your win! How awesome is that?! Second, your card is perfect! I especially love the glittered gold - just like the balloons - perfect. Last, wonderful word choice. I haven't picked a word yet....I'm thinking of "create."

Sabine said...

How beautiful! Love the gold on the brush! Thank you for joining the TAWS Be Inspired challenge!

Tracy said...

This is so fun! I loved the gold "paint!" Thanks for joining the TAWS Be Inspired Challenge!

Tara said...

Have fun DOing all you love this year! Love the gold accents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...