"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

A Bundle of Thanks - Commissioned Cards

Hello there friends!!  Welcome to March! :)
And I just now saw that this is my 100th post on this blog!!  WOW!
That calls for something special...so I know I'll need to put together something fun for not only coming back to crafting and blogging again, but for this milestone as well!!  Stay tuned!

What a winter it has been, right?!  It's been especially trying over my way with so many other things going on in my life and I'm so so happy to have been able to get back into my craft room again and getting back to working on some crafty card projects!  I actually had someone request some thank you cards from me and it was JUST the start I needed to get back into stamping and jump kick getting back into groove with my crafting and blogging!!  I am SO happy to be back and for those of you who have stuck around and waiting for me to come back...I TRULY appreciate that!  I'm so ready to start crafting again!!

And now that we are getting ready for warmer Spring weather, I am even more in the mood to jump-kick crafty ideas and I look forward to seeing what you are all up to as well!  I am also thrilled to be starting up a Clean & Simple Card making class next week!  So I hope you will laugh ...er be inspired right along with me as I share the projects I make for this class!!  I don't know if there are still places available if you want to join in, but please click on the photo below if you'd like to see more about it!  I'm getting really excited about it!


For now, I wanted to share a few thank you cards that I had made for a customer and I really enjoyed making these and getting back into the groove of making and creating again! :)
All I knew is that my customer didn't really have any preferences with what I did and that all of these "thank you" cards were going to females....so I made up a total of 9 cards and split them up into groups of three of a kind.  (I'll be sharing the others in future postings.)  I really hate repeating the same design over and over.  I prefer to have each of my designs to be a "one-of-a-kind" design if possible, but understand that people may want something similar to send to each person, but I did change up these set of three creations mostly because I didn't have enough colored card stock and pattern paper of each! LOL!

Most of everything I've used here as far as products are from Stampin' Up!, but the stamp set that I used is something new I had gotten a few months back and was really itching to use it!  I thought it was perfect for making thank you cards.  It is a Simon Says Stamp set called For the Record.  I don't have any of those really awesome banner style dies as of yet, so I pretty much fashioned my own on the cards.  I did use an oval punch and some label dies from Stampin' Up!  I just love the dimension on these designs.

unfortunately, I couldn't find any current challenges to fit these into and I haven't been keeping up with computer friends lately, so I'm going to be doing that in the next couple of days!

Thank you all SO MUCH for dropping by!  Hope you've enjoyed my set of cards today and I'll be back again tomorrow with another set!!  So please keep coming back! I'll be here!!
Have a great sunny day!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


30 comments:

jimlynn said...

Good to see you back and with WONDERFUL cards! Love the design on these and already know I'll have to CASE them. Fantastic!!
Lynn

Sue said...

Hello Vicki. It's great to see you back, I have missed you!
Your cards are gorgeous, I love the stylish designs and beautiful colours.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

Deb said...

They are all so gorgeous, what a great way to come back to crafting! Glad to see you back and enjoying being in your craft room again!
Have a great weekend! Debxx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hello Vicki... great, you`re back.. I missed you and your wonderful creations...
Your boxes are so wonderful.. great

Hugs
Anja

aileen (mum) said...

Good to see your back, I'm looking forward to lots of inspiration. Great cards, good way to use up scraps of this and that.

julieprice3 said...

What a lovely set of cards, sure to brighten anyone's day, I'm sure your customer was very pleased, nice work my friend, glad to see you back
Hugs Julie P

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Vicky great to see you back,have kept checking not in a stalking way you understand lol-love the thank you cards love the simple layouts and different papers and layers
carol x

Wishcraft said...

Oh they're gorgeous Vicki! What a fab design, and love the colours too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Pat (mspfd) said...

How exciting, Vicki! You must be thrilled to be part of the online classes. Your cards are gorgeous. What fabulous colors, textures and layering. Who needs banner dies with the wonderful results you achieved.

(BTW, Vicki, I'm fine. Just a miserable cold and drippy nose that has kept me from crafting.)

Tammy said...

Hooray, glad you are back and also that we will be classmates in the upcoming class! Great thank you cards, I'm sure your customer will be very pleased!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and so GOOD to see you back again Vicki...x

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous work with these beautifully layered designs, Vicki! So happy to see your wonderful cards today!

Sue said...

These are so nice, she is going to love what you did. Don't you just love it when they leave everything up to you and you can create...glad your back and as creative as ever...

Hugs
Sue

Rhonda Miller said...

I love these. The CAS layout is great.

Ardilla said...

Great cards, Vicki!
I love the colors!!!
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

downrightcrafty said...

morning my Friend, love these and bet the recipient did too, a great design
Hugs Kate xx

Patti J said...

It's so good to see you back here, Vicki! Your cards are perfect, and I'm sure that your friend was pleased with them! Thanks for sharing, and welcome back!

Tammy said...

Another fabulous set Vicki! Beautiful colors and I love the banners! Glad to see you back!
Hugs,Tammy

Teresa said...

These are fabulous Vicki, glad you got your mojo back xxx

Patti said...

Sweet cards! I love your design and how different each one looks because of the papers and sentiment! Great job : )

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, what a beautiful set, great chosen design and fab colours! Ruby x

Donna said...

Such beautiful cards Vicki and gorgeous colours with the kraft card. Great to see you back blogging again, have missed you :) Donna ♥ x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are beautiful, love the colors and the great designs.

Asha said...

Whee ave you been hiding?! :-) So glad you're back with a pretty collection of cards. Fabulous!
hugs, Asha

bumblebee creations said...

love these as well, Vicky....gorgeous!!

nwilliams6 said...

These are super cute! So bright and cheerful. Wonderful job on the whole package - I know she was thrilled! Hugz!!! Hope you had a great weekend.

Kimberly S said...

I'm sure she absolutely loved them! Beautiful job on layering (without those awesome banner dies...lol...they are totally on my wish list too!). You have mad skills on keeping them clean and perfectly embellished. hugs, Kimberly

Shirley said...

Your tags are wonderful BG for the sentiments and I really like the brads too! Great colors!

Regina said...

hi, Vicki
nice to see you posting again!
Wonderful cards and I love the simple design!
sending big hugs
Regina

Lola said...

I think changing the papers is original enough :) and what a great design. Wonderful set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...