"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, March 21, 2014

Catching Up On Class - Die Cut Inlaying

Hello friends!
Wow it's really warm out today..well, compared to what we've been having anyway!  I think our first day of Spring really started today instead of yesterday.  It won't last long as it's going to start getting cold again...darn it!  I know that it will be here soon, but it's hard to wait for it! :)

Anyway, I wanted to share another creation I made as I've been trying to work on my projects for the class that I'm taking.  Some are harder than others and some of it I just don't have the same materials so that I can get a similar look as to what's being shown for the class, but I sure am enjoying new things! :)

Here's a design I used for the "Faux Effects" theme:
OK, I WISH I had more of a variety of die cut words, but this is the ONLY one I own at the moment!  I hope to expand on this product soon!! LOL!
Of course the reason for this project fitting into the "faux theme" is because the front panel is meant to be a one layer card design.  I have taken three different die cuts and inlayed them into the kraft card base so that this makes for a flat surface.  And since my word die cut was small in size...those tiny little inserts between the "e"s were a bit of pain, but I got them back into place!

I splashed on some shimmer paint and a few drops of grey ink.  I then added some brads, an enamel dot and a sequins to jazz it up a bit.  I even made a matching envelope with this one!

PRODUCTS USED: 
(click on links to be taken to each product to purchase)
The paper and ink along with the stamped sentiment at the bottom, Shimmerz paint, envelope and brads are from Stampin Up!
The word bubble die cuts are from Simon Says Stamp
The "believe" word die cut is from Dies to Die For
enamel dot is from Ellen Hutson
sequins is from Lawn Fawn
---------------------
Here are a couple of challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Tuesday Throwdown - Tic Tac Toe (Bling, paper piecing, CAS)
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Craftitude - anything goes or add a brad/eyelet

So this is all I have for you today as I couldn't get to my craft room until my chores were done today! Darn them chores!! LOL!  I will certainly be back shortly with another card for class as I need to get caught up with everything!  Thanks for popping by! :)

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


23 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

loving this look Vicky!! Gorgeous card!

Sue said...

WOW! Such a fabulous design Vicki. I love the way you have used the dies and the colours are gorgeous.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

jimlynn said...

I think it's fantastic! Love this on the Kraft card stock too.
Lynn

Patricia St Martin said...

I love this, it looks fantastic! I'm still not sure how you did it. Sorry I have not been around. I'm down in Austin, Texas helping my brother and SIL. Trying to make life easier for them. SIL still had no feeling in her leg, feet and so forth. My brother really needed some help, so I'm going to be here for a little bet. I do have to say the weather is so much nicer 85 today. I'm not commenting much but they both are sleeping now so thought I would get a little commenting in.
Hugs, Pat

aussie aNNie said...

Turned out great Vicki, and love the way you used those fab colours...have a good weekend.xxx

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is perfect! It turned out so well! Love it...thanks for inspiring me!

Billie A said...

Im liking the inlaid look and the C&S look but so awesome and stunning. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge.

Davi said...

Love the way this turned out Vicki! Wow you did a super job getting the tiny pieces into the cut out, Great job ;) Have a great weekend my friend!

Patti said...

OMGosh Vicki! I'm jumping up and down (in my heart) LOL I love this card!! your idea is sensational!! I have to! case it!!

Patti

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Vicki..I love a kraft base and love the colours and dies..perfect.


Luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love how the speech bubbles over lap.
luv
Debby

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool technique - I may try it again today (haven't done it in some time). You did an excellent job). Hugz!

crafty-stamper said...

great CAS card love the patterned paper and love the sentiment
carol x

Donna said...

Fabulous card Vicki, great use of kraft card and the DP's they work beautifully together and fab the way you have also lined the envelope :) Donna ♥ x

Emily Thubbron said...

Great card, Vicki. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Emily T
DT

Regina said...

oh, Vicki! Your card is great! The speech bubbles are eye catcher and I love it!
Here in Germany it's cold and raining! I miss the sun!
big hugs Regina

Tammy said...

Oh Vicki, this is sooo cool! I love that technique and the fabulous colors!!
Hugs, Tammy

kReN said...

Excellent CAS card! Thanks for joining us at the Tuesday Throwdown this week! Come again and play along with us soon!
kReN, DT

Beth said...

another stunning card GF, sure doesn't look one layer to me you did an awesome job created this .
Hugs

Asha said...

Oh my! This is soooo cleverly put together, Vicky. Very eclectic and retro. LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Dawn Frost said...

I love how these are inlayed sooo cool!

Lola said...

I love this technique! Your card is gorgeous. I so want to try this too.

Shirley said...

Gee, Vicki, this is really neat! I need to try and remember to do that. It has a really wonderful look to it!~ Almost like you embossed the background for it to fit!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...