"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, March 14, 2014

Class is in Session!

Hello friends!!  It's Friday!!  Today is also my older son's birthday!  He is officially out of his teens now!  Wow, time sure does go by FAST!

I have been wanting to post my creations the last few days from my online card class, but time does tend to be a factor when you are trying to do so many different things at once! :)  I'm glad that they're giving us a bit of extra time to work with the techniques and I must need some practice!  I had to throw away two cards before I got it how I wanted!  But IF I was a "good student", then I would've paid more attention to the details of the techniques before I just started in on it!! LOL!!  See?  That's why I NEED to take a class!  There's more to it than just learning something new, I learn new things about myself as well!! LOL!

So here are a couple of cards that I have made for the classes....
I really like the fun dots in different colors on this one.  Looking back on it now, I'm not sure if I would round those corners like I did here.  But I do like the extra details and it's VERY similar to the sample in class which is what I actually wanted to do for my first card.  I didn't have an entire set of dots/circles in my stamp collection...believe it or not!....but I have various different dots in a collection of many sets!  I counted and believe that I have used SIX different stamp sets on this one simple card! LOL!!  Who knew that CAS could be so time consuming and fussy?!!

Here is a close-up of the technique that I did on this card....
I have made a "faux metal emblem" on my design.  I have actually done this technique many moons ago, but it was really cool to re-visit this technique and I learned just how "rusty" I was with my technique skills too!  So it was good to pull out my supplies and tools to re-visit this again!  I love the texture that it gives!

I would like to enter this card for:
Tuesday Throwdown - "stitching" (faux or real)
Sentimental Sunday - card for a boy/man
Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another fun card I made for class that goes along with the "faux effects" that we were all doing on day one...
I absolutely LOVE the bright colors on this!!  I've used a star inlay with my die cut here (which makes this actually a one layer card!) and as you can see on the star, it looks like the dots are embossed or popped out on the rainbow star, but of course it's faux!  I think this would be a fantastic card for my son's birthday too!  It's so happy and bright which I think is perfect for celebrating a birthday! :)

So now that I'm really behind with my homework for class, I'm very sure that you will be seeing lots more cards from me as I plan to do so much more stamping so that I can get caught up here!  I think I just need to have fun instead of trying to be so "exact" and "perfect" with these classes!!  :)
Thanks so much for stopping in today and I hope you've enjoyed my class share!  I'll be back soon with more designs from class!!

P.S.  Don't forget to enter my BLOG CANDY - CLICK HERE if you haven't already!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


36 comments:

jimlynn said...

Vicki, these are WOWSERS!!! I love them and they're great "takes" from the class! You're doing better than me because I haven't even attempted one yet. Love both of these.
Lynn

Chrissy said...

Two effective and gorgeous cards Vicki..love the star with the dots..fabulous colours.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

WOW! Theses are stunning Vicki, such effective techniques and wonderful colours. I especially love the star design.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are fabulous, I love them!

bumblebee creations said...

these are gorgeous Vicky...6 different sets!! WOW!!

Carla S. said...

These are both fabulous, Vicki! Love the techniques you are using! Hugs!

Olga said...

Fantastic cards!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Beth said...

Wow Vicki fabulous cards and I too love those polka dots...can I ask what type of classes you are taking?
These are both such fun cards.
Hugs
Beth

Amy Johnson said...

What fun cards! I especially like the star one!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, both of these cards are great.

Davi said...

Looks like a really cool class you are taking Vicki!! I love your cards and the Star one really caught my eye with the pretty bright colors and the very cool circles ;)

Ardilla said...

WOW, Vicki!!! These cards here are awesome... love the star bright colors and the faux dew drops are so fun...
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving these cards- the technique looks so cool- gotta say- Love the star!!!

Phi said...

Your cards look great Vicki. I'm very behind in the classes too!! I'm still trying to catch up on days 3 and 4 and haven't even seen day 5 yet.

Rachael Evans said...

Both great cards - with some interesting techniques. I love the dotty one with the faux metal embellishment. Thanks for sharing these with us at Sentimental Sundays x

verybellemakes said...

Love both cards! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria

Mirella Diaz-Kaleem said...

great CAS card! I love the bright spots and that faux metal techniques looks awesome!
thank you for joining us in our Card for boy/men at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Mirella DK
DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

Tracey said...

Fabulous cards Vicki :o) I love that faux metal emblem :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Jennifer said...

Very Delightful! I'm glad that you can enjoy some great techniques! I pray you have a wonderful day!

Sarah said...

These are so cool Vicki! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

Patti said...

L. O. V. E. IT!!

Patti said...

Oops sorry I thought there were two posts.

I really like your polka dots! and I think it is very clever that you used so many stamp sets to accomplish it! : )

Lynn McAuley said...

My stamp collection is also lacking solid circles. Wish I had many more.

Both of these cards are fabulous! Single layer cards are my absolute favorite! Wonderful designs, Vicki!

Asha said...

I keep meaning to swing by and tell you how fabulous these cards are.... but then I get distracted! My bad! Looks like you are a STAR student, my friend. These amazing, my friend. Well done!
hugs, Asha

Kimberly S said...

They're both super sweet Vicki! Love the faux metal elements. (had to giggle about using so many sets for circles!) Hope your son had a fabulous birthday too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge at Tuesday Throwdown! hugs, Kimberly

Shirley said...

Well, I like the dots and the rounded corners too! I love the effect of the dots on your second card and the way you did the one layer too!

crafty-stamper said...

great CAS cards love the faux techniques think the star one is my fave
carol x

Nora N. said...

You rocked the techniques for this class!! I love your take with the kraft and silver and the inlaid star with the stamping came out so cool.

Sue said...

I LOVE this. Perfect card for anyone's birthday, but your son is going to love it.

Hugs
Sue

julieprice3 said...

Love the star, very effective, nice work my friend
Hugs Julie P

Tammy said...

These are fabulous Vicki!! I love that star and the bright colors! Fabulous techniques on both!
Hugs, Tammy

NanaConnie said...

Oh, both of these are just wonderful, Vicki! I haven't done the faux metal in a long time either. You've inspired me to dig out supplies and try it again. Thanks. :-D

monikaskinner said...

Two great cards, love them both. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks also for joining the fun at ATSM. Monika

Danielle Vincent said...

Awesome cards! LOVE your faux metal - what a great touch for a masculine card. CAS is often very time consuming for me - LOL - so I know exactly what you mean. These are wonderful and I'm glad you joined us this week at ATS&M.

Ellen Taylor said...

Both cards are amazing Vicki but that striped star is really stellar! Happy 1st day of spring!

Lola said...

Great job on both your OLC's. I agree they are probably time consuming....but I don't dare attempt it myself :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...