"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Double Embossing Homework

Hello friends!
I can't spend long on my post as if you've already seen on my Facebook page, I have some bad back problems which leaves me little time to sit at computer.  I have another Dr. appointment tomorrow morning, so hopefully I can get "back to normal" again very shortly! :)

Still trying to get my homework done for my class!  I have until later tonight to finish submitting my homework.  I don't know if I'll be able to get to the very last section of class with my homework because of my back, but I did finish this card the other day and have just now felt well enough to sit long enough to post it here:
For this class, we learned a "double embossing" technique where I took a die cut not to cut out my one layer card, but to emboss it along with the texture you see in the background.  This was more of a trial and error situation, but I got something to work for me finally!  And I couldn't resist using the really fun Simon Says Stamp April Stamp Kit for this!  The sentiment inside the embossed die cut as well as the cut out light bulb are from the stamp set in the kit.  I loved it because my hubby is an electrician, so I know I could put this one to great use for me! :)

Here's a better close-up of the details in the light bulb:
I have stamped and cut out the bulb and colored it with the same glitter gel pens that I used to color in portions of the dry embossed background.  I then covered the colored heart in the light bulb with some crystal effects for some added texture and shine.  It looks so fun IRL!!

Challenges:
Creative Knockouts - Texturize it
Charisma Cardz - CAS (clean & simple)
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes

Sorry to make this short and I really hope I can manage to get a few more cards done to finish up the class, but it depends on how my back is doing.  Sorry I can't make any visits, but hopefully you understand why!
Be well my friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


36 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning CAS design. Love the little spots of colour.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

ribenaruby said...

Completely understand Vicki, take care of yourself friend! Your card is super, fab embossing. Ruby x

jimlynn said...

Great CAS card! Love the embossing and the way you added the sentiment into it. The light bulb is adorable - I just finished a card using my light bulb from the kit too. It's a fun image with so many possibilities.
Hope your back starts feeling better soon.
Lynn

Deb said...

Such a fun card, I am enjoying seeing what you have to do in your class, it looks like fun!
So sorry to hear about your back, hope you get sorted soon!
Debxx

Carla S. said...

Beautiful CAS card, Vicki! Great techniques! Sorry to hear about your back. Hope it gets better soon. I know from experience, it's no fun.

Chrissy said...

FABulous Vicki..so very effective with the dots of colour..and such a neat sentiment with the light bulb..very clever.Hope the back imroves..they can be such a curse..

luv CHRISSYxx

Patti said...

Hi Vicki,

So sorry to hear you are suffering with your back! : ( Here is a great BIG cyber ((((((hug))))) ever so gently not to hurt your back! : )

If this darling card is one you make while laid up WOW the places you could go girl! : )

Patti

Nancy said...

Cute card! I like how you colored in some of the embossed areas. Thanks for playing along at Creative Knockouts!

Sue said...

Your card is fabulous Vicky, such a great design and I love the dots of colour.
Sorry to hear you are suffering with your back. I hope the pain eases for you soon.
Take care, hugs Sue xx

Cat's sCrap said...

Very original background. Card in all simplicity.Funny bubl. Good work ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Have a magnificent day !

Hugs from France.
[C]atherine.

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Such a great idea and love all the pretty colors.
Hugs Pat

Davi said...

Very fun card Vicki! Im so sorry your are suffering my friend! Back pain is terrible to deal with, praying that you will soon get relief, take care of yourself :)

Wiebke Kommerell said...

This bulb will spend a nice light on every relationship! Cute idea!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is terrific.

Patti J said...

What fun! Never thought of doing this... Vicki, I sure hope you get some relief soon. I'll be thinking of you, and send up some prayers! Hugs...

bumblebee creations said...

this is gorgeous,,,love that double effect!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Vicki...love the little light bulb and the embossed background looks awesome!!!

Beth said...

OMG girlfriend you must have the patience of Job coloring in those little diamonds .... gorgeous card Vicki.

Tammy said...

Wow Vicki I've missed so many of your incredible cards! Each one is fantastic and it looks to me that you got a lot out of the class! Great job!

crafty-stamper said...

Hope you get some relief from your back problem soon love the embossing and the little pops of colour and great light bulb image
carol x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this CAS creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey..

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Kimberly S said...

This is so cute Vicki! Love the little light bulb, and the embossing with touches of color is just lovely! hugs, Kimberly

Diane said...

Super cute, love the embossing and lightbulb.

Hugs diane

MiamiKel said...

What a delightful card! This looks like a fun kit and I love what you've done with it - perfect! I hope you feel better soon :)

Stacey Schofield said...

fun CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz xx Stacey S xx

Asha said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Fab colours and the background is amazing. LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

vicki said...

This is gorgeous and I love the background! Aww get better soon and good luck with the drs appointment
Vic x

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...


Oh Vicki .. your card with the light bulb is really beautiful .. a super great design, I've never seen bevor....

Hugs
Anja

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card looks great & very effective x

I do hope your back eases soon x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Lola said...

That little tag on the left looks fabulous on your embossed background. Quite awesome! Your little lightbulb is too cute. Hope you are on the mend!

julieprice3 said...

Very effective, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Tracey said...

Wonderful card Vicki, I love the pop of colours & the embossing (it is perfect for your hubby :o).
I hope your back is better soon.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shirley said...

Sorry about your back, Vicki! I hear you on the pain! Take it easy and sending will wishes your way! Your card is awesome. I love how you embossed and then did how your sentiment was mounted to it! Love the here and there on the harlequin in colors too!

Julia Aston said...

what a colorful card Vicki! so sorry you are having back issues (been there!) hope your doctors can give you some pain relief!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute!

Dawn Frost said...

I really like this background, what a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration Vicki!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...