"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Graffiti Style Stamping

Hello friends!
Welcome to the weekend!  Wish it was more like Spring, but it's gotten cold again! Boo!
I do look forward to spending some time this weekend with hubby.  I've missed him this week while he's been working and I know he'll have some long hours coming up shortly, so I'm trying to make the most of the time we do have together now.

Anyway, today continues with another one of my class cards.  We obviously have been focusing on one layer card designs as you've probably been able to tell from my postings lately. For this section, we are focusing on the "backgrounds in the foreground"...(take what you want out of that!)  Although this was really quite simple, I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out!
Although this looks like many different stamp sets, I've actually only used TWO sets to make this design!  I've used some very pretty shimmery heavy weight card stock to make this one since it's a one layer design and of course the photo doesn't do this justice because it has such a pretty shimmer to it.
Of course all this pretty much is, is several layers of stamping.  But I think it's the "way" you put all of the stamping together deliberately to make this turn into this really cool design!  I will most definitely do this again!

PRODUCTS USED:
colored inks are from Stampin' Up!
Black ink is by Brilliance - Graphite Black archival pigment ink
Cryogen White Cardstock by Paper Temptress
"Color Wash" stamp set by Pink Paislee  from Scrapbook.com- (I won this set from a blog hop!)
"Simply You" stamp set by Ali Edwards from Technique Tuesday
------------------------------

I would also like to enter this one for the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - No Pattern Paper
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - anything goes
The Friday Mash Up (FM152) - they give choices of:
1. "nautical theme" (I have no nautical themed stamps! Yikes!)
2.  one layer card (check!)
3.  one layer card with nautical theme


So thanks for stopping in today!  I hope you like my "graffiti" design!  I will be back again soon with another one of my class projects!  Don't forget to enter for a chance to win my blog candy before time runs out at the end of March!  CLICK HERE to enter!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


35 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a fun feel to this card - I wish I could do something like this! Wonderful! Hugz!

Sue said...

This is wonderful Vicki. I love the colours and beautiful sentiment.
I hope you are having a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Desire Fourie said...

This is a stunning CAS design and I love the swatches of colour behind the wording.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

jimlynn said...

I love those stamp sets you used for this. Fabulous card!
Lynn

Davi said...

Love it Vicki turned out beautiful :)

Wishcraft said...

Lovely colours and such a fun design too, fabulous card Vicki :o) Hugs, Lisa x

julieprice3 said...

I love the design, very effective
Hugs Julie P

crafty-stamper said...

great one layered CAS stamp I love these even though mine never look right!great sentiment and love the swipes of colour
Carol x

cass said...

Wondeful CAS design, reat card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed card, love it.Colours are awesome too.xx

Tamie said...

Hats off to you for a one layer card. You make this look super easy. I love how you used glimmer paper and the colors you chose for under the sentiments. It is fabby.Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks No Pattern Paper Challenge. Have a great day!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. your card is wonderful... love your creation...

Wish you a wondeful sunday
Anja

Olga said...

Gorgeous design and card!!!

Celise McLaughlin said...

Like the way you interpreted the graffiti technique. Beautiful and original!

Pat (mspfd) said...

You really are knocking your one layer cards out of the ballpark, Vicki. What a fantastic design and background that really make the sentiments pop.

Donna said...

This is such a clever card Vicki, the colours work really well together and I can just about pick up the shimmer on your card base :) Donna ♥ x

Patti J said...

Lovin' this one, Vicki! Great job, dear friend - pure genius!!!

Deb said...

Wow, I love this, so very clever! I have a lot to learn when it comes to CAS!
Debxx

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful CAS design Vicki - with the lovely splashes of color!

Phi said...

Great card Vicki. I love the stamp sets you used. I'm struggling with this one. Wish I had your stamps.

vicki said...

wow vicki this is fab!!! love the colors you used here and great stamping!! :)
hugs
vic x

Teresa said...

Oh what a gorgeous sentiment Vicki, another fabulous card, love it. xxx

Regina said...

Vicki, sometimes I feel that the simple cards are the most effective!
I like the large fonts of the stamps! Great!

wish you a wonderful week and hugs
Regina

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! Stop apologizing for this card being 'simple', I love it, and consider it one of your best creations ever. It's very creative and artistic and has so much interest and I love that it is not covered with primes and layers and layers of Nesties and dp. This is my kind of card! I even pinned it!

Tammy said...

Fabulous CAS card Vicki, I love the stamps!
Hugs, Tammy

bumblebee creations said...

how did i miss this one? Love it!

ribenaruby said...

This is wonderful Vicki, love how you achieved it! Ruby x

Beth said...

very fun card Vickie and pretty much says it all, terrific choice of word stamps for the graffiti and love the ink swatches.
Hugs

Lola said...

Wonderful "depth" to your OLC. I admire those of you who can pull these off so successfully. Gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Very nicely done, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Wow, this one layer packs a punch! Love the colors and sentiment. TFS with the Friday Mashup this week;)

Asha said...

Your OLCs are turning out very well... in fact, thy're awesome. This is so stylishly funky. Great job, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Vicki, this is a really cute one layer card to make for someone you love! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup this week.
Sara

michele said...

Lovely card Vicki! thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Shirley said...

Well, you really can say this is a work of art, Vicki, and the colors are wonderful too! Very naturally pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...