"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's a Masquerade!

Hello friends!
Hope you are all doing well!  I've got much to do today, so I will keep this short and simple!
Here are more creations I made for my class using some masking techniques:
I've actually created two different variations using the masking technique.  These are in line with the purpose of my class which is make it clean & simple along with keeping it a flat one layer design.  I have to say that after trying my hand at different ways to make a one layer card, I REALLY need to invest in some good masking paper!!  I don't have any, so I've made these designs making my own with some removable adhesive and sometimes the adhesive doesn't want to come completely off!  LOL!
Below are the details of each card....

For this one, I've used two different die cuts to make my own "stencil" design.  I embossed the fun peacock looking feather from The Alley Ways Stamps called Birds of a Feather. Then I used some non-alcohol markers to color in the feather.  I sponged some ink while the stencil was still on.  All of the ink resists the embossed images.  The sentiment also comes from The Alley Way Stamps.

Here are a few challenges I'd like to add this card to:
Just for Fun - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps & More - "Make Your Mark"
Crafting for All Seasons - No Designer Paper

---------------------------------
And here is my other masking style card I made for class:
When doing these cards, there's something else I realized as well...I don't have hardly ANY stencils!!  Stenciling seems to be the big trend right now and I just don't have but one or two! (This one is a cheap Walmart one!)  So masking paper and stencils are on my wish list!!  I have used some Stampin' Up! ink colors to sponge around my masked areas and for the sentiment I've used a fun Simon Says Stamp set called For the Record.
For the masking I've cut out my own frame by hand and made a mask for it and then I used my heart die cut to make a mask for my sentiment.  Although I wasn't a fan of the stencil, I think it looks pretty nice in this particular result anyway.

Here are a couple of challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Less is More 163 - theme:  masking/stenciling
Love to Create - CAS and/or Classy & Elegant

OK, so off I go now to run some errands, get some more class instruction and see what my fellow blog friends have been up to!  Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!  Thanks for popping in! :)
Don't forget about my BLOG CANDY!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


46 comments:

Elaine Rayworth said...


Your entry has appeared on the linky at Just For Fun - not sure why you were getting an error message!

Elaine x

Desire Fourie said...

These are just beautiful CAS designs.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

Two beautifully soft cards, fabulous masking and sponging. Love the effects you have achieved. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

jimlynn said...

Two wonderful cards! Love the masking on these.
Lynn

vicki said...

Oohhh so pretty :) I love the stamps they look lovely on your cards :)
Vic x

Asha said...

Gorgeous cards, my friend! Looks like you're doing very well in class... these cards really are fab. Can't wait to see what else you bring from class!
xxx Asha

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Vicki..love the peacock feather stamp..fabulous CAS cards.

luv CHRISSYxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are both beautiful. I love how your sentiments just pop out in the center of your stamped areas.

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love how the heart looks almost like it's floating off the paper! Awesome job!
<3 Emily L.

bumblebee creations said...

love your clean and simple cards!! Gorgeous!!

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Vicki, I love your elegant designs and beautiful soft colours.
hugs Sue xx

Charlene said...

Gorgeous designs!!

Tammy said...

Fabulous CAS cards, I love the beautiful masking techniques!
Hugs, Tammy

Amy Johnson said...

What great technique cards!

aussie aNNie said...

These look great and those sentiments font is awesome.xx

Joan Ervin said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Vicki!!! You have used the masking technique perfectly...love the colors and stamps you used, too!!!

Anneke said...

hello Vicky
both card have a great design and an unique masking technique.
great colors and stamps.
have a nice week my friend and hugs to you.
Ann

Deborah Frings said...

I'm enjoying this class too. I love the peacock feathers , the soft shading and that fun sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Really like the other card too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What wonderful examples of what you can do with the masking technique. Awesome cards, Vicki!

Phi said...

These are gorgeous Vicki. Love the peacock feathers!!

Davi said...

FAb job on the technique my friend!! I like your stencil and the colors are really soft and pretty!!

Sue said...

Both nice cards Vicki, sounds like a great class, and love that you are showing your cards to us and sharing. Looks like your having fun too.

Hugs
Sue

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards and so clever too.
luv
Debby

downrightcrafty said...

very classy my friend love them both
hugs Kate xx

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome cards for a class Vicki~They are sure to be a hit! Love the color combo and design!

Lynn McAuley said...

What beautiful CAS masked designs!! Single layer cards are a passion of mine! Sensational work, Vicki!

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, hope you're OK hun, I saw these cards on FB and had to pop over and leave you a comment, the masking is so effective and gives a really pretty finish :) Donna ♥ x

crafty-stamper said...

love the techniques you have used and love the feather image
carol x

Deb said...

both beautiful cards Vicki, what a fabulous technique!
Debxx

Jan Ltc said...

These are all gorgeous xx Jan

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful CAS Cards!!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Love to Create.

Kitty
LTC DT

sallysbitz2 said...

Two beautiful cards. I have not tried these techniques. I have some stencils but have not used them!!

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Beth said...

Simple but fun and they get your point across love them Vicki.
Hugs

Anne said...

Two pretty cards Vicki!
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Patti said...

I wanna take your classes!! : )

I use a masking product that is fantastic!! it is called "Masking Magic" by Therm O Web. cheap and easy peasy to use : )

Great cards : )

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful! I haven't done this technique but I love the look. You are really doing some great stuff. I have one stencil so you have me beat! Hugz!

Karen Willis said...

Great CAS cards. Thanks for joining us at JFF Karen DT member xx

Jacki Randolph said...

Gorgeous CAS cards!
Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create with our CAS or Classy & Elegant challenge!
Hugs!
Jackie - LTC

mixamatoasties said...

Super cards.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

Susan

Deepti said...

Lovely CAS layout n inking :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Ruza Rebel said...

Great CAS card! Love how you did the inking around the sentiments! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Regina said...

Vicki, both CAS-card are fantastic! A wonderful stamp technique!
sending big hugs
Regina

Lola said...

I don't have stencils either, so I would have to say you did a fabulous job with what you have! Your resist looks gorgeous and I really like the swirls on the second card.

Elfies-Bastelstube said...

Great card looks so good.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Bianca said...

You have decorated the papers very pritty! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

Shirley said...

This has entered my mind, and you actually did it and they are beautiful!! I love both cards and the BG stamps you chose to fill the stencil from your die!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...