"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, March 24, 2014

The Colors Come Shining Through...

Hello friends and a happy Monday to ya!
Oh wow I wish it wasn't so COLD out...I would love for the sun to come shining through and warm this place up a bit right now!! LOL!!  In the meantime, I do have some fun stamping to do so I am really happy doing that right now! :)

I'm still working on my card techniques for my class.  I'm trying to just make sure I have at least one card for each section in the class gallery so I have at least covered each theme we've been working on.  If I have time, I'll go back later and complete more cards until the time is up, but for now, I'm working on the "Creative Coloring" one layer card theme.  So here's what I've done:
I have to say that I LOVE my Copic markers and have used them quite often to color in images, but I have NEVER used them in this way.  I really LOVE how this one turned out!  I can see me doing this again for sure!  I was also really happy because I got to pull out a couple of brand new stamps and die cut to play with for this one! :)  I hope to continue to share more class creations this week until we've wrapped up the class.  There are many more I'd like to give a try with!

PRODUCTS USED:
Stamped Sentiment and Sentiment die cut from Whimsy Stamps
bottom heart punch, vellum and Tombow Multi-purpose Adhesive is from Stampin' Up!
We R Memory Keepers Enamel Shapes - Warm from Ellen Hutson
Sunny Skies clear stamp set by Mama Elephant from Ellen Hutson (I just used the small heart from this set, but watch for more from me later with this stamp set!)
Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Meteor Gel Pen (SSS) (Covered the hearts)
Various Copic Markers - I buy mine locally at Dick Blick Art Materials
Cryogen White cardstock from Paper Temptress
-----------------------------------

Challenges to enter:
Little Red Wagon - a rainbow of colors
Simon Says - Glitter It! (Used the glitter gel pen..no wink of stella! boo!)
Less is More - "3" of something & comment on three entries (I used three enamel dots & have three glittered up hearts)

So this is all I have to share with you today!  I wish you a bright and sunny day with lots of colors in your rainbow!! :)  *Don't forget to enter my blog candy - CLICK HERE!*

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


28 comments:

Danni said...

This is so clever! Awesome card!

Patti said...

Beautiful! I'm gonna have to CASE this one : )

Have a great week!

Patti

SemSee said...

Such a FAB card Vicki!! Love what you've done with the "sweet" die - really clever! Hugs, Simonne xx

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this great idea, Vicky! I can use my Copic markers and not have to color inside the lines!! What a fun card!

Jenny @ I-dream-in-paper.blogspot.co.uk said...

I'm not doing this class, but am enjoying everyone else's h/w! Love the blended copics behind the die cuts, great technique well executed. Jenny

aileen (mum) said...

Beautiful card, I love this technique. I use my Inktense pencils to make colour rainbows for this type of look as my copics are rather limited. Its a great way to add a splash of colour.

bumblebee creations said...

I am loving this one!!! where are you taking the class at? Online? where did you find out about it?

ribenaruby said...

Hi Vicki, it's just nice sunny days although at times a bit chilly here. Love what you've done with your one layer card, fantastic! Ruby x

crafty-stamper said...

very clever CAS one layer card great technique and very effective love the flashes of colour
carol x

Olga said...

I love this, it's amazing!!!! Gotta try, TFS!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, I love the design and the colours look wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is wonderful.

jimlynn said...

Fantastic!!! Love the pop of color inside those hearts and the word sweet.
Lynn

Davi said...

VERY pretty Vicki! I really like the rainbow effect in the cut outs :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love the colors you've used! The whole card is just so sweet!! :)

Beth said...

Vicki this is gorgeous I love, love, love it, the die cuts are awesome with the coloring in the background beautiful shading.....just an amazing card all the way around.
Hugs

Patti J said...

Sweet card, Vicki! Pun intended! Love the simplicity of this one...now why didn't I think of this! Lol...thanks for sharing!

Joanne said...

Your card is simply gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Anne said...

Vicki what an amazing background you created!
Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
Anne
LIM Guest commenter

Asha said...

Oh stop it! You're spoiling us with these fabulous OLCs!!! LOL. Love this use of Copics... very clever and so much fun. You'll be graduating with honours soon!
hugs, Asha

Céline said...

fab card Vicli, love the colors
hugs
céline

Chrissie said...

I must apologise for my lack of commenting for the last few weeks during my holiday to Australia, hopefully all will be back to normal now!
This is just great!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Dawn Frost said...

I love how this turned out Vicki, great CAS card!

Viv said...

This looks fabulous Vicki,love all the bright colours too :) Viv xx

Kimberly S said...

Wow, this really turned out gorgeous with the cut outs and rainbow of colors! :) hugs, Kimberly

julieprice3 said...

Love the colours on this, so simple but so very striking, beautifully done
Hugs julie P

Shirley said...

Very pretty card and I need to try using the negaitve leftover from the die cuts like you have. Love the colors you used behind it too! A really vibrant and wonderful card!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous design I love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...