"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Great Story Bookmark

Hello friends and welcome to the middle of the week!
Hope you've been enjoying your Summer!  Are you ready for kids to go back to school yet?!  When my kids were younger, I always enjoyed taking them school shopping for all of those items they would need.  There's nothing like getting geared up to learn! :)

Well just because my kids are older doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy that fun feeling of "back to school" time!  I love to read and thought with the new September 2014 Simon Says card kit, I would be able to create a really fun bookmark with a Vintage style feel to it!  Here's what I did:
OK...so I've had this package of those manila style tags and thought this would be a great idea to make a book mark with the new "Storybook" card kit that came out from Simon Says Stamp this month! :)

I believe that I have pretty much used at least one of every item from the kit too!  That fun stack of books with the sentiment just cracks me up!  I loved all of the fun papers and the wooden dots that were included with this kit!  Besides the tag, the colors of ink and seam binding ribbon were the only extras here.
Just wanted to play around and have some fun with the new kit!  Hope you like! :)

*CHECK PRODUCT DETAILS BELOW!*
(Red ink I used no longer available from SU!)

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Back to school
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1434) - Back to School
Cute Card Thursday - Back to School

Thanks for stopping by today!  (Sorry I'm still working out technical stuff with video...hope to get things worked out with it all soon!)  I'll be back another time with a fun creation to share with ya!  Have a wonderful day today my friends!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


32 comments:

Olga said...

how clever!!! Love this..........

Lynn McAuley said...

I like big books, too, Vicki! Thanks for sharing this sensational creation with the CCEE Stampers this week in their back to school challenge! I LOVE it!!

jimlynn said...

Vicki, I got my kit several days ago and just drew a blank on what to do with it!!! I'm SO glad to see you make a bookmark and now I have some ideas! SO PRETTY! I love the way you arranged everything on here and that ribbon tops it off! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Jingle said...

This is such a cute tag! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

MiamiKel said...

gorgeous! There is so much detail to your bookmark and the colors are surprisingly soft and soothing - perfect addition to any book! ♥

Danni said...

So many little details that make this a WOW bookmark! Awesome job!

Margreet said...

Gorgeous bookmark with great details!
xxx Margreet

Tammy said...

Oh your bookmark is gorgeous Vicki!! I love the vintage feel and your fabulous papers!
Hugs, Tammy

Rhonda Miller said...

Your bookmark is great. I love this new stamp set from SSS.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I really like this gorgeous bookmark Vicki the tearing of the papers looks great.
hugs
lorraine x

sallysbitz2 said...

Lovely vintage style bookmark.
My kids have grown up too .... I will be visiting a nursery school on friday with my daughter for my grandson!
Then on monday I am back to work, where I meet all the new children starting nursery.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Beth said...

this is an awesome tag Vicki love the distressing the paper and stamps are perfect for back to school time.
Hugs

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a cool design Vicki!

NanaConnie said...

Love this bookmark, Vicki! Great sentiments and I love the collage look. :-D I'm going to have to make some of these for grandkids who are all back in school.

downrightcrafty said...

this is gorgeous hun
hugs Kate xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous tag Vicki, love the colours.

Donna x

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous creation, love it, the colours and'words' used are just beautiful..
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous and creative vintage creation.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous book mark. It would make such a special present with a book or book token. Love the vintage look!

Julia Aston said...

What a great bookmark Vicki! love the colors and fun book themed stampings - as well as that great distressed ribbon!

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant bookmark love the design Love and Hugs Carole x

Tammy said...

Sweet tag, love how you used the set!

julieprice3 said...

Love the soft vintage colours and pretty paper, very nicely done
Hugs Julie P

vic said...

Hi vicki wow this is one gorgeous tag! Love the colours you have used it's just so pretty and perfect :)
Hugs
Vic x

Joan Ervin said...

Such a pretty bookmark, Vicki....the stamps are perfect for back to school and the sponging and seam binding add such beautiful vintage details!!!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really cute! I have a whole bunch of those tags sitting in my drawer...I think you have inspired me to get them out and use them...smile.

Kristie W. said...

What a brilliant use of a manila tag!! I've got a stash of them somewhere. Love the pretty, vintage look to it.

Céline said...

fab card Vicki, love the work with colors
hugs
céline

nwilliams6 said...

What a fun bookmark/tag. Makes me want to go read a book - seriously. Fun project. Hugz!

crafty-stamper said...

great tag love the distressing and vintage look and love the torn edges
carol x

Monika Reeck said...

you made a very lovely bookmark for studnet Vicki...lovely those books and love that little picture on the wall and nice NAME and DATE there and great ribbon too...Love love this Vicki...great Book Mark...hugs, Monika

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...