"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Gradient Dream

Hello my friends!  We've made it to FRIDAY!
We are finally supposed to have some Summer-like weather now which means I can start enjoying my Summer at the end of it!! LOL!!  Swim time!

Today I have tried out some fun new things...probably not new to some of you, but for me I'm still building on my crafty style that is ever changing and evolving.   I thought this would be a great card for one of my boys as they start another school year trying to pursue their dreams! :)  Hope you like!
So for this card, I decided to pull out a jar of my embossing paste and used a gradient watercolor design over it.  I actually like the way that the emboss paste resists the ink.  It was so fun to watercolor this with my different turquoise colored inks!  The stencil was a cheap Walmart one that I had picked up a while back and I just used an old paint brush with water for my water-coloring.  I smashed the lid of the ink pad and mixed it with water to achieve the look.

I don't know if you can tell or not, but I've actually used a Lawn Fawn border stamp and stamped over top of the feathers.  (I thought that particular pattern went nicely with the image.)  I also covered the feathers with my Wink of Stella which is extremely hard to photograph!  I then glued down some turquoise colored sequins as well.

*PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT PRODUCT LIST BELOW*

This card is being linked to the following:
(I used some embossing paste for my texture)

I used sequins, white & splatter dots

Simply Create Too - Monochromatic Madness (shades of turquoise)
------------------------------------------------------

So about my video...I am having technical difficulties right now, but it will be hopefully next week.  Once I get it figured out with my computer...I'll be fine, but it's coming...still working on it! :)
I hope you all enjoy your weekend!! Thanks so much for stopping in!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


35 comments:

Olga said...

Oh Vicki, this is adorable!!!!! Love how you did the embossing!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! Fantastic embossing and watercolors. Love the feathers and your simple but elegant design.

jimlynn said...

It's a beauty! Great for a back to school card since it's so different and lovely. Great way to use the paste and water colors!
Lynn

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Vicki, I saw your card at Simply Create Too and I needed a closer look! It's gorgeous! I love your colours and the background texture is stunning! Beautiful arrangement with the feathers too! Love it :)

Margreet said...

Gorgeous creation Vicki...I so love feathers...I pinned your card at my Pinterest board...so inspirational!
Have a good weekend and I await patiently your video...haha.
xxx Margreet

Shelly Schmidt said...

I LOVE this fab card! Love the embossed BG- love embossing paste BG's! The gradient BG is so pretty- gotta try this! Awesome!

Dawn Frost said...

Vicki I love your card but I have a question...what is embossing paste and how and why do you use it? I might need to add to my collection!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful embossing and sponging on this Vicki! love those layered fluttering feathers too! Happy Weekend!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh what a beautiful clean and simple style card Vicki the colour is divine a superb design, love it.
hugs
lorraine x

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is an outstanding design, Vicki. Love the emboss resist using paste and watercoloring. Genius idea to use the border stamp on the feathers. Have a great weekend!

julieprice3 said...

I like the colour and texture on this, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

Rhonda Miller said...

This is stunning. I love the feathers.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki this is super gorgeous...I have embossing paste but gosh have I used it yet? No...along with my gelli plate and dylusions...going to the nursing home each day takes up 4 hours of my day....anyways, this is just beautiful, love the colours and the stamp, the technique sounds simple enough for me I guess..??
take care.xx♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning Vicki. The texture paste pattern is wonderful with the aqua water colouring.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Pollard Carole said...

This is fabulous what a unique card the design is fabulous and brilliant techniques love and Happy Crafting hugs Carole x

Becky said...

What a gorgeous cas card!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous great depth and colour so inventive and creative love it
hugs Kate xx

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Vicki!! I love how you've created the background, the swirls look fabulous and the colors are beautiful!
Big hugs, Tammy

Wishcraft said...

Love it, the embossing paste looks fabulous! Hugs, Lisa x

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Vicki, you aced the challenge!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful and creative card. Love the colors.

vic said...

This is stunning vicki I love the colours and embossing looks fab!! I have to get some of that embossing paste :)
Have a great wknd
Hugs
Vic x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the stencilled paste ( I have used this on a decorated canvas but never tried on a card will have to have a go)love the feathers too
carol x

Regina said...

This is a gorgeous card Vicki! I love the embossing and all the delicate shades of blue! The little feathers look amazing!
sending hugs
Regina

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful card Vicki! Love the embossing and watercolor, and the feathers are fabulous! hugs, Kimberly

Davi said...

The colors, leaves and textures really look awesome together ;)

Beth said...

I have got to use my embossing paste and stencils my problem is can't wait for them to dry....but back to your card GF it is gorgeous loving every detail.
Hugs

Sue said...

Love the color technique on your card, and the feathers floating around your card, look awesome.

Hugs
Sue

Patti said...

Beautiful coloring!! I just learned how to make embossing paste! : ) I can't wait to try it.

Asha said...

Stunning! I am so going to CASE it.... you have been warned! LOL.
hugs, Asha

{Chrissie} said...

WOW! What a beautiful job! The texture is amazing! Thank you for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Lola said...

Wow! That's paste? I thought it was dry embossing. What a wonderful effect. And you feathers are SO pretty!

Yainea said...

So so pretty! That background with the embossing paste and gradient watercolor is just gorgeous!
Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

Christiana said...

This is gorgeous! I love all your texture and your bold pops of color. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Monika Reeck said...

love the look with embossing paste Vicki..and you can not believe me I have that stamp set too and never used it (Shame on me :) ) I only have no chance to inked it and dont know to which occasion I make card with feathers...but yours is adorable I love the all turquoise colors color you put here and yeah cool idea to coloring the sequin...Lovely card Vicki...hugs, Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...