"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Missing You - (More than just a little!)

Hello friends!!  Happy Monday to ya!
Hope you had a great weekend!  I wish I spent more time playing over the weekend, but family and other duties get called on first! drat!  I did spend some time in my room this morning and thought I'm not going to let anything bother me while I just have some fun stamp time...and I did!  (Also, I'm working on a video that I'll be sharing with you all soon this coming week, so be watching for that!)

I wanted to get this card done before a challenge ended this evening:
Oh yes, I have enjoyed playing around with some new goodies today that I haven't got to try out!  One of them is the CUTE stamp set and matching dies from Mama Elephant called In My Heart.  I had purchased it when OWH (Operation Write Home) was doing a special proceeds benefit with this set.
The other fun new thing I got to play with were my mini Tim Holtz distress inks...I love the affects you can get from them!  I still need to work with them a bit.

I colored the girl and turtle with my Copic markers and die cut them out to pop them up on the circle panel.  It's also hard to see in the photo, but the star has some Wink of Stella on it.  I also misted some water on the grassy part of the circle.  I enjoyed making this and hope someone from OWH will enjoy using it!

*BE SURE TO SEE THE PRODUCTS I USED FOR THIS CARD LISTED BELOW*

Here are some challenges that I wanted to link this card to:
Tuesday Throwdown - sketch/see below (there are only a few minutes left!)

Shopping Our Stash - "Back in the Day" - used the old Coluzzle for my circles, scissors
Brown Sugar - anything goes
SCS Cards for a Cause - Stamp from the Heart

Thanks so much for stopping in and sharing your thoughts with me!  Hope you were inspired today and I'll be back with another creation to share with you soon!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


30 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Too cute! Love the sentiment and double circles.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Adorable image and I love the background you created with distress inks, Vicki. Looking forward to the video.

Tammy said...

Cute card and love the warm colors, perfect for fall!

Asha said...

Aaaaaw! She's adorable, Vicki! LOVE the embossed bg. Great colour combo too. Have a lovely week!
hugs, Asha

Sue said...

Glad you found some time in your new craft room. Has to be nice to know where everything is. Your card is so cute, love the little scene you created with this adorable set. Pretty sunny yellow and green combo too. Good to see you stamping again, Vicki.

hugs
Sue

Chana said...

Fabulously executed, Vicki! Love the palette and your adorable image! Nice, straightforward interpretation of the sketch. The embossing really elevates your design. Thanks for sharing with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana

Sue from Oregon said...

Hey Vicki-this is a super sweet stamp set-no wonder you could not resist. Love the gorgeous colors you got with you new inks!

aussie aNNie said...

This is just the most gorgeous card and I just love the cute image, those papers and your colour combo. So nice to have you back on the scene.xxxx
♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love this super cute card! I just stocked my cabinets with the mini distress ink pads too, and this sweet stamp set! Totally inspired by your hills and soft starry sky!
<3 Emily L.

nwilliams6 said...

How cute that the stamp set has matching dies - super fun! The sketch here is great, but your interpretation is even better. What a super missing you card - it would be great for me to send something like this to my daughter - I miss her like crazy and can't wait for next summer when she comes back home! Hugz!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, my friend! Have fun with all of those 'new' toys! Hugs...

cass said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

downrightcrafty said...

love this card super image and embossing and layout
hugs Kate xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card love the cute image and embossing and the water gives texture to the grass
Carol x

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Loving the circles and the embossed background.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a precious card, Vicki! Fabulous layout and sweet, sweet images!

CaroleAnn said...

So sweet and I love the circle background you used! Everything works together so well.
Hugs

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki!! I love that sweet little image and your beautiful effects with the distress inks!
Big Hugs, Tammy

JD/ Jill said...

This is so cute and that sentiment is just perfect to go along with the sweet image.

Margreet said...

What a lovely card Vicki...great sentiment and I love the splashes of water in the grass...great effect!
xxx Margreet

Regina said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! The image is just adorable and your coloring is beautiful! Great layout!
sending Thuesday greetings
Regina

vic said...

This is so adorable !!! Love the bright yellow card I'm glad you managed to get in your craft room :) look forward to the video
Hugs
Vic x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this is soooo sweet! Love your coloring and the layout too- loving the embossed background as well : )

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That stamp is so cute.

Sarah said...

This is so cute! I love your image and the sentiment, but that turtle is SO sweet!!! Great take on our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little scene!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Adorable, love the double circle design and the cute image.

Shirley said...

Vicki, she is just too darn cute! Your design is wonderfully fun and the treatments with the WOS and the grass are really pretty too!

Beth said...

adorable GF and I love the colors.
Hugs

Lola said...

What a great card and love all the yellow. Your background (with the inks) is SO pretty. Love the look of the water drops on the grass - adds texture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...