"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Thinking of You with Warm Fuzzies

Hello friends!
Back with a couple of simple, but special cards for blog buddies I have known for a while through blogland.

These are very simple creations and since I've been enjoying the CAS style design lately, I'm trying to fit in these adorable House Mouse stamps to go with that style....
For the current House Mouse challenge, you were to create a "Thinking of You" or "Get Well" type of card but without coloring in the images...OR...I noticed they also have the optional theme of  "anything goes" so you can make it easy on yourself if you want too! LOL!  Not me...I like to challenge myself at all costs!! LOL!  And I did "cheat" a bit on the image to the right because I used some chalk to color in the flowers!

Here are the individual cards at a closer look:

For this card I was trying to go with a soft inked water-colored look for the background and I was still attempting to work with my distress inks...was trying to blend these two colors together to make an attempt at getting a purplish gradient in the middle, but it didn't work out that way!  LOL!  I still had fun playing with it though!  I will continue to improve as I go along I'm sure!


The tag is a pre-cut design that I stamped this HM cutie on, added the sentiment to it and some pearls.  It is topped off with the seam binding ribbon and popped up on the middle of the inked background.

Here's a look at the other card:
I think this little guy is too cute!!  I just stamped him in brown ink on the Kraft card stock and then I took some chalk to color in the lilac flowers.  The pearls at the top were colored with a Copic marker to match the flowers.  I took some ink to distress the edges a bit as well.  I also did some "faux stitching" underneath the greeting at the top of the card.

Here are a few challenges that I'd like to link the cards to:
House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge (HMFMC176) - "Thinking of You" or "Get Well"...or anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - CAS (Clean & Simple)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something Old (I used an old tag at the top and pearls on both)
Less is More - Animal (Bottom card is probably more CAS than the top one.)

Let me know if you have any questions about anything or would like to know more about what I did.
Hope that they bring the comfort that they are intended to bring.
Thanks for stopping in today and I'll be back again shortly with something fun for ya!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


43 comments:

julieprice3 said...

Love the little mouse, the blue and purple are just gorgeous in the background, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Olga said...

I love both of these, little mouse is cute............

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 stunning cuties here.
Love the colour schemes and especially the one on Kraft is so effective
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Margreet said...

Such cute cards Vicki...love them!
xxx Margreet

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So cute, Vicki! Love the colors and cute images.The tag on the first is wonderful and I love the faux stitching on the second.

Tammy said...

These are adorable Vicki!! I love the background on the first card and the touch of chalk on the second is gorgeous!!
Big hugs, Tammy

Stef H said...

super cute. i know you and purple - LOL

hugs :)

Carla S. said...

Both are adorable, Vicki! Great designs!

jimlynn said...

Vicki, both are adorable!!! I love all the House Mouse images too. So cute and pretty.
Sorry I've been missing around here....just got back in town!
Lynn

downrightcrafty said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a pair love them both especially the purple one on the left, thanks for playing along with us at the HM&FMC
hugs Kate xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awww, both are adorable, Vicki. Gorgeous backgroundoon the HM card, and your stamping of the HM image on kraft with a bit of color is such a great look.

Chrissy said...

Two adorable cards Vicki..love the inked background looks very effective and I love the colours together..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

I LOve your 'tag' card! Such FABulous colours and what a lovely idea to stamp this little cutie in the same colour. I will be storing the idea lol..
Your Kraft card is FABulous! I can smell these Lilac's from here. LOve your stitching and sentiment too. Your same colour stamping on this one gives it a lovely soft tone...LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so adorable, love the colors and the great design.

Lola said...

I really like that image stamped in purple! I never think to do that with stamps. And that's faux sewing? I would have never known!

Chrissie said...

Super cards Vicki, they really are cuties!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Tammy said...

Cute, cute, cute and more cute! Love the adorable images!

Patti J said...

Awww....someone will feel so blessed to find these in their mailbox! Thanks for sharing, Vicki. By the way, have I mentioned how good it is to see you back here? lol...hugs!

Amy Johnson said...

Great cards! I love it when the images aren't colored in. So creative. Love the background you created too!

Sue said...

Hey, I'm so glad you found time to join us for this challenge. I love me a two-fer and these are wonderful. Love the Gruffic on kraft, and the other little mouse is adorable also. Thanks for joining us, Vicki for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, hope to see you back again often....miss you.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki, love this warm and fuzzy card, the colours look awesome together too.xxx

The Journey is the Start

Shirley said...

The cards are very warm and fuzzy! The first one is lovely with the emphasis on the image with those lovely BG and colors! The second is so cute and fuzzy warm with the chalky flowers too! Can't miss with those meeces!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, sqeeeee! Welcome back to blogland! So happy to see you posting again :)

Both of your cards are super adorable! I love the little touch of purple :)

Hugs!

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, these are so cute and so perfect for the current HM challenge. Love the colors and the way you set off the image. I was thinking of doing this challenge and hadn't even thought of not using black - you are so creative! Hugz!

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki these are beautiful with such cute little critters.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

America said...

Welcome back to Crafting my friend. What lovely House-Mouse Designs cards and fabulous ideas. That first Tag card is awesome with the purple shading and white flowers behind it. The second card with the adorable Gruffies and fab stitching is perfectly designed for the No-Coloring/thinking of You/Get-Well themes. Thank you for being so thoughtful and for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good Luck to you. Hope to see you joining the HMFMC fun much more going forward. :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Amazing framing of that sweet little mouse!! Absolutely precious, Vicki!
And I love what you have done with the Griffies as well! Both are perfect for the HM Challenge!

Pollard Carole said...

These are so sweet they are both gorgeous especially love the Kraft card and you should not worry about your colouring it looks great to me I love the stamp as well fab love and Hugs Carole x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love Love the color combination on your first card-- so beautiful it looks
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

michele said...

Fabulous cards Vicki :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

JD/ Jill said...

These are really "sweet" cards!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki they may be of simple design but they are totally gorgeous, love the image and colours you have used that Kraft card looks so effective, love them.
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Love them both -I have never stamped onto kraft but gives agreat result-love the image,colours and gorgeous bow on the first one
Carol x

CaroleAnn said...

Vicki
I like your thinking of you cards very much. I happen to love House Mouse and have a few of those stamps but never remember to go thru my storage bins for all those sad and lonely rubber stamps - I became so digital I don't know how it happened;) Thanks for the smile you put on my face! Hugs

Diane said...

Both are adorable Vicki.

Hugs Diane

Lynda Nielsen said...

awwww this is adorable Vicky... and such a Gorgeous Color combo. Pure perfection hun. Love it!
Lynda - xoxo =)

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the colors on the 1st card and it is so cute too. good luck in the challenges hugs from sunny California
Bibiana

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki! I come back and am trying to get caught up on my visits and run into something the just knocks me off my feet! These are marvelous. Love your soft coloring and the use of kraft. Of course, the purple & turquoise combo is very appealing to me since purple is my fav color but the bow really sets everything off.

Dawn Frost said...

Love the colour combo and ribbon!

Christine said...

Hi Vicki so nice to see you play with us again..xx love these 2 cute No colouring cards..the gruffies on Kraft is so clever the with the Lilac chalked, & to use a coloured ink just brings the other cute mousey image together with the papers..love em both nice work.

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and friends Monday chall ..

smiles Christine x

Anne said...

Vicki these are just perfect, LOVE that lilac on brown
Thank you for joining this week's Less is More Challenge, animals.
Anne
LIM Designer

Tracy said...

These are fabulous Vicki. Loving your Gruffie on the kraft card. Thanks for joining us hun at House mouse and friends Monday challenge.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Beth said...

love both of these Vicki what a fun color combo on the first and the craft with the pops of green and purple stunning.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...