"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Your Heart Rocks!

Hello friends! :)
Wow, I wanted to thank you for showing your love here!  I'm very thankful and humbled that you all enjoyed my blog that much!  Sometimes you never know if you are talking to yourself or not! LOL!  Even though I still don't have my new craft room EXACTLY the way I'd like for it to be, I can still manage to make a card or two here and there!  So let's see what's up for today!


I have an attraction to these fun and quirky stamps from The Alley Way Stamps!  I have a small collection of them and haven't even used all of them as of yet, but I'll get there!
I've used two different sets here along with following their "BE Inspired" challenge blog to make my creation for today.
When I saw the photo for their challenge (see below), I was really attracted to the white wash brushed background and started my inspiration from there.  If I had more time to put one together, I would've shared a video with you on how I got the background done with the various steps.  So please let me know if this is still something that you'd like to see and I'll see if I can put a video together for it.

Here is a close up detail of that jar that I covered with some glossy accents.

I also have made this card for a special card drive that I happened to catch out in blog land.
You can CLICK HERE to see more details about it.
I may be making another card to send along with this one as well before I mail it out.

*Please be sure to view the items below to see what I used to make this card!*

These are places I would like to link this card with:
BE Inspired Challenge - always photo inspiration
(Holy cow!!  Talk about almost missing the deadline!  LOL!)

Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C248) - 3-D (pop-up dimension on your card)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I'll be back again soon with another special card to share!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


37 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Great colors and design on this fun card Vicki! the glossy jar with the hearts spilling out is lovely!

jimlynn said...

Yes, yes, and YES! It's so adorable. Love the hearts coming out of the jar and that background. Perfect card.
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki this is totally fabby love that background effect also that glossy looking jar and the hearts, smashing card.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

Oh what a fabulous card Vicki! I love your background and all of the glossy accents on that little jar!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the washed background and the glossy accent covered jar
carol x

Tammy said...

I love, love my TAWS!!! Your card is a great take on the challenge, love the jar of love!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki, I love that background! Yes, one of these days, I'd love to see all the steps. Terrific shine on the jar, too.

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card. The jar is so fun.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Vicki...I love the background and the cute little hearts in the jar..super card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fantabulous background, Vicki! Love the colors and fun images. You definitely nailed the challenge!

vic said...

Gorgeous vicki love that jar with the cute hearts so pretty !!!
Hugs
Vic x

downrightcrafty said...

such fun and do always love the turquoise and red combo and cute little hearts too, nice to see you back in blog land
hugs Kate xx

aussie aNNie said...

Super cute card Vickie, lovely colours and your image is so gorgeous.xx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

Margreet said...

Lovely card Vicki...I just happened to have used the spritzer too (will be on my blog on Monday)...but I'm always in for a video to learn more about techniques!
xxx Margreet

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Vicki I love how you did the jar and the fab colours
Hugs Linda

Becky said...

This is adorable Vicki. love your jar and love how your background came out.

Tracey said...

Fab card Vicki, I love the gloss on the jar :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shirley said...

Wow, Vicki, I really like how you did the background and added the sequins too! The jar with the hearts is really wonderful and the sentiment is perfect for it!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the background you created with the sequins and your colors, Vicki!! Such a sweet card!!
Hope all is well!!
HUGS!
Chris

Patricia St Martin said...

Such a fun card and I love the background, great job. I love different backgrounds always looking for ones to do so love for you to do one.
Hugs

JD/ Jill said...

So cute, I like your little hearts coming out of the jar...

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is just so creative. Just love the hearts spilling from the jar. A great take on the colour inspiration too.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Davi said...

FABUlous Vicki!! Im so thrilled you are back with us creating,looking forward to you being back on the team with us :) Have a GREAT weekend my friend!!

Stef H said...

this is fabulous! what a great background and i just love JARS!!! the hard part is taking pictures of the products used!!!! kudos on that too!

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Vicki, love the image and fab design. So good to see you back blogging too hun.

Donna x

Joan Ervin said...

What a cool looking background, Vicki, and I love the little glossy jar with the hearts spilling out....super cute design!!! Glad to see you crafting and blogging again!!!!

Lisa S. said...

The jar looks amazing and yes I'd love to see how you created the background. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki - you so captured the look and feel of that inspirational photo! What a fun card. Super creative. Hugz!

Deb said...

hi Vicki, justwanted to say thank you for popping over to my blog. I have been away for a few weeks to the Uk as my Mum died recently. Having a hard time just now so not blogging, (all my recent posts were pre planned and scheduled, as I was supposed to go on vacation but instead we ended up over there) we are just back and I don't feel like creating at all just now. Hopefully I will be back in the near future xxx

debby4000 said...

Love your jar of hearts card.
luv
Debby

Pollard Carole said...

Great card just love the colours and design fab love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Beth said...

this is another awesome fun card Vicki......love the hearts in the jar and how you have used the glossy accents....this card puts a smile on my face.
Hugs

Asha said...

Ooooh! I love the sequins and the little hearts and the colours .... and everything! fab card, my friend.
hugs, Asha

Sue said...

I love these stamps of jars, so fun to fill with different"stuff". The little hearts are perfect for this card, Vicki, so cute.

Hugs
Sue

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute!

Tracy said...

This is super cute! I love the glossy accents on the jar!

Lola said...

Not only did you get the colors, but the "layout" too! VERY creative and wonderful background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...