"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

Beep! Beep! Enjoy the Ride!

Hello friends!!  Here we are at the end of another week!
I tend to get busy and distracted during the weekends with my family, but I'm hoping to sneak a few minutes in to do some crafting!  Hope you are too!

I really wasn't sure where I was going with this card and I changed my mind several times, but I found a sketch that I really liked and just stuck with that...here's what I did:
After seeing the BE Inspired challenge, there were many different things within the photo that I was inspired by! (You can see the photo that I'm describing from the challenge at the bottom of this post.)
All of the stamps I used are from The Alley Way Stamps.

First, I was inspired by those beautiful colors in the photos and the circles really hit me too, so I went with a stamped circle panel using images from the Trees Company set...there are so many different images to use in that set!  I love it!  I then pulled out the cute Got it Covered stamp set to stamp the cloud panel and the cut car in the set!  I colored in my car with Copics and used a silver gel pen to color the front bumper and the center of the wheels.  I also put some glossy accents on the windows.  I then attempted to cut out a puff of smoke to add to the back of the car.  Finally the sentiment came from the All About YOU stamp set.  It's actually one sentiment, but I masked it off and stamped it separately to place in different spots on my card.

To me, the shapes represent the long rectangles shown in the inspiration photo from the challenge as well as the car on the onsie outfit.  I even added some string to mimic the clothes line!  I also saw some little "sprinkles" in one of the sections, so I thought adding some sequins would work perfectly for that.  I rounded all of the corners for the different panels and at the bottom of my card base.

Hope you were inspired by my card today and I'd love to see what you can come up with for the challenge too!!  Enjoy your weekend my friends and thanks for stopping in!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to link this card to:
BE Inspired Challenge (The Alley Way Stamps challenge blog)

CAS on Sunday - Celebrate with Sequins (Celebrate LIFE! ie: retirement, encouragement)
Sentimental Sundays - Vehicles plus sentiment
Cradz 4 Guyz - No patterned papers

38 comments:

Margreet said...

Super cute card Vicki!
xxx Margreet

NanaConnie said...

Really adorable. Vicki! Love the CAS design and that's such a cute little car.

vic said...

Aww how cute is this card!!! That car is just adorable and love the colours they look perfect together :)
Hugs
Vic x

crafty-stamper said...

great cas card and love the layout
Carol x

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO cute Vicki!! LOVE that little car and your awesome layout! Hope you are doing great!!

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Vicki, love the cute image.

Donna x

MiamiKel said...

What a cutie this is and such a great take on the inspiration photo! That one stumped me 😊 amen to the busy week. Our weekend is just as jam packed! Have a great one! ❤️

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhh I love this! The layers and the colors are perfect! Thanks for joining us at the BIC!
Lisa

Pat (mspfd) said...

How cool! Gosh, Vicki, what a fabulous design. Adore the colors, papers, sequins, and cute little car riding through life! Yep, love everything!

Have a great weekend!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Vicki..love the cute little car and stamped circles..great colours and love the sentiment too..

luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

Great take on the inspiration photo and I love that precious little car. Very cute card.
Lynn

coldwaters2 said...

Such a pretty, cute card Vicki love the design and papers I totally adore that cute wee car, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Shelly said...

ADORABLE!!! Love the colors!

Olga said...

Super Cute!!!

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki!! I love that little car and the fab design, the rounded corners look awesome! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Deepti said...

This is so adorable :)

Lola said...

Your itty bitty car is SO adorable!

Patricia St Martin said...

Their you go making those CAS cards again. That poor tiny car looks lost, love you layers and you give me a smile for the background for the car just perfect. TOO CUTE!
Hugs,Pat

Kristie W. said...

This is really cute, Vicki!! Love the itty bitty car with its little puff of exhaust!

Patti J said...

Wow, Vickie....I love this! The teensy little bow on the long skinny panel stole my heart! Great job, dear friend, and happy weekend!

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful card and gorgeous colours and image used. I am just so intrigued how you can make such a simple image turn into an awesome card...you have the style for these kinda cards.xx

The Journey is the Start

downrightcrafty said...

what a fabulous creation love it
hugs Kate xx

Donna said...

Hi Vicki, wishing you a wonderful weekend with your family and hope you have lots of quality time together. Such a sweet card, love all the layers and and adorable little car...perfick :) Donna ♥ x

Stef H said...

so much fun! this is darling! you're boys must be all grown by now! where has the time gone?

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Monika Reeck said...

Vicki this is so sooo cute why...I love that little car and how you colored it and I Love the us of that cloud BG stamp and lovely color combo too pink and green and grey is always lovely Vicki..if you dont believe I post a card today with a similar color pink grey and a bit green..happy saturday my friend ...hugs, Monika

Chasing the Dream said...

Cuteness at it's best. So sweet and darling. Wonderful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Sentimental Sundays. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs    
Berni,DT
sentimentalsundays.

Cazro said...

A wonderful well worked out card, I lvvoe your little panels and final design. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. We hope to see you again. Caz

CĂ©line said...

oh so fun !! love it
hugs
céline

Wishcraft said...

Oh this really made me smile... I never thought I'd say a car was cute, but this one really is! Fab card Vicki :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Vic said...

What a great cas card - so simple and effective...just my style - Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys - Vic, Guest designer for September. x

Desire Fourie said...

Vicki this is just so fun. Love the colours and how you tied the string.
Hugs
DesĂ­re
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!

Calypso said...

Wonderful card Vicki!!! Clean and Simple...LOVE it all. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Asha said...

What a dinky little card, Vicki. Too cute, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Helen said...

Great card - love the layout you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Beth said...

cute and simple Vicki love it my friend.
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! I am catching up and your cards are just darling Vicki. This one is fun and makes me smile but then they all have!! Hugz!

Jen said...

great card!! I love your take on the challenge....so creative!! it's sure fun to see the different entires!!! thanks for playing along on the BIC challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...