"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Copic Coloring Outside the Lines...

Hello my friends!  It's the middle of the week already...are you ready for the weekend or still lagging behind from the Monday blah! I think I'm lagging because I stayed up late watching football with hubby the other night! LOL!

Anywho, I don't know for sure if I've mentioned that I'm taking that Copic Coloring Class Online offered by none other than the talented bunch of gals themselves Jennifer McGuire, Kristina Werner and Sandy Allnock.  Of course I have already colored with Copics because I do have a small collection of them, but I have never really taken any classes nor do I claim to be any sort of "expert" in any way.  I just love to learn from others and I have seen Sandy color in action and she's awesome!  so I wanted to learn about her style along with Kristina which I've seen as well.  First day and I'm already learning to "color outside the lines" so-to-speak!  We have gotten some images to practice on for class and instead of sharing just the sheet of practice images...boring....I wanted to create a card which of course some other fellow classmates have already done along with Sandy's blog...so I wanted to mimic what they did and here's what I've done in class so far:
The balloon and present images came from class.  I practiced coloring using some of the mentioned techniques/ideas they gave and completely did the opposite of what I normally do in coloring...so this is cool to learn something new.

The sentiment came from a photo-polymer Stampin' Up! set that I have, but I'm not particularly sure that I'm liking the way that I colored it in because I'm thinking in the photo is doesn't look as blended as well as what I thought it did in person.  I was actually trying to combine two days of some techniques and perhaps I just wasn't quite ready for it?  I'll go back and check the videos again to make sure that I'm doing it correctly...need to work on my "flicking/feathering" some more!

So basically I just cut out the images from the practice sheet and attached to my card and stamped directly on the card base with my sentiment and colored that in.  I drew some lines for the balloons and added some dots with my signo white gel pen.  I thought the present needed a base so I used my Copics for that as well.  The card base is a solar neenah white cardstock.

Just something fun and simple to share what I've been working on in class!
Hope you like and I'll be back with more shares from class soon!
Thanks for stopping in today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a couple of challenges to link this card for:
The Squirrel & The Fox - Happy Birthday (last challenge for them!)
Crafts 4 Eternity - My style : CAS and coloring!

43 comments:

Olga said...

Love the image, sentiment and colors!!!! Well done!

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Oh my this is beautiful <3

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Hello classmate! LOVE the two colors on the letters! I am so terrible because I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos yet, oh why are there not 30 hours in a day? hehehe!

JD/ Jill said...

"Wow"! What a fabulous job you did coloring this card! Your are sure getting a lot of the class! Can't wait to see what else you make!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card brilliant colouring and love the two tone happy
Carol x

Asha said...

Stunning colour combo, Vicki. Your technique looks pretty awesome to me. LOVE this bright and cheerful card.
hugs, Asha

Margreet said...

What a happy card with stunning colors!
xxx Margreet

downrightcrafty said...

a super image and gorgeous colouring
hugs Kate xx

Beth said...

Vicki your coloring on this is gorgeous love how you have shadowed the images with your copics....beautiful GF....might have to check out that class.
Hugs

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous coloring! I love the two colors on the sentiment, I think it looks great, and the ribbon on the present looks fantastic!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, what gorgeous coloring! Love this card so much -- it bright, happy and fun.

Dawn Frost said...

I think you did a great job on the colouring Vicki! Gorgeous CAS card!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Vicki. I love the design and your colouring looks wonderful!
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Vicki this is beautiful, your colouring is fantastic I love the colours you have used and how you have coloured the 'happy' sentiment, a truly wonderful make
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Vicki!! I LOVE your coloring and the bright fun colors, the "Happy" looks awesome!
Hugs, Tammy

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is so cool. I love your colouring on the letters - I have never thought of doing that before, so thanks for the inspiration.
Caroline xxx

Sue said...

I love it. Love how you blended the purple and yellow especially. I always admired your coloring, but sounds like you are having fun with this class.
Thank you Vicki for the hug today!!

Hug
Sue

Patti J said...

What a fun greeting for someone special! I love this look - will have to try it soon :) Thanks for always inspiring, and smiling, Vicki! Hugs...

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun card- so loving the coloring in the letters- such a cool way to color them! Great B-day card.

Monika Reeck said...

Adorable..Stunning coloring Vicki and cute dots Balloons...Really Stunning card you made Vicki and also CAS ..I love CAS style..

I want to learn how to coloring too but my copic is maybe only 40 pieces..also not complete blue I have two red two yellow one pcs hihi (SMILE) also I should buy some more..

Lovely Post Vicki..
Hugs,
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

if you fussy cut the Image you can see my first post (today) its a challenge at AAA cards challenge ...they want to have fussy cut card..here we go you can join too my friend..hugs, Monika

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning design, image and colours used. Simply gorgeous.xxx
The Journey is the Start

Stef H said...

love this! absolutely love this! the colors are fabulous and i love that BIG happy!

hugs :)

Amy Johnson said...

What an awesome card! I love the colors and how you colored that sentiment.

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Becky said...

wow! I just love this card Vicki. Gorgeous colors and love how you colored the Happy..This card will put a smile on any ones face :).

Lola said...

Beautifully colored. I must say, your yellow bow is especially eye catching.

vic said...

Vicki this is just gorgeous your colouring is just amazing and I love the bright colours what a gorgeous card :)
Hugs
Vic x

Céline said...

so fab, love your coloring
hugs
céline

Deepti said...

Fabulous coloring and colors :)

Regina said...

All I can say is wow Vicki!!! Stunning!
hugs Regina

Ka Slagoski said...

Hi, Vicki. The card look fabulous! I can't tell the difference. To me, your work already look like it came from an expert. And I meant that as a compliment. :) I have never used a copic marker so I think I am missing out. I may just have to go and buy me some copics!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fabulously fun birthday card, Vicki!! Awesome work with those Copics!!

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Vicki! I think your flicking technique is fabulous n the sentiment. Loving the color combo. So glad I'm finally catching up on visits and getting to see all you've been doing. :-D

Tamara K. said...

Oh Vicki...I adore this card! I love the way you've colored the sentiment. (I want that sentiment stamp.) Beautifully done!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! This is amazing! You are rockin out the class! I still haven't even practiced :(

julieprice3 said...

The colours on this are gorgeous, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

You did a wonderful job w/ the coloring, Vicki! Love the colors and the images are fabulous.

Patricia St Martin said...

Sorry been so busy but I'm here now. This is adorable, love your flicking and blending the colors together. Love the color choice and the extra touches.
Hugs Pat

nwilliams6 said...

Some pretty outside the lines coloring! Well done and super pretty/fun/festive/creative!!! Hugz!

jimlynn said...

Simply gorgeous coloring!!! You're making me wish I'd taken this class now. Love your card.
Lynn

Susan Hogan said...

Great colouring - very impressive work.

Ina said...

What a beautiful and bright card and your colouring is amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...