"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Cute Monster and Fun with Patrick!

Hello friends and a very happy Friday to you!
It is strangely and unusually very cold over my way today!  We received a cold front coming down from Canada!  I have the heat on trying to stay warm today!

Anyway, I have a couple of really fun creations to share with you today and a brand new company from Germany that is now open and selling some REALLY cute stamps!
So check this out...
LOL!!  This purple fun and chubby monster is courtesy of
Create a Smile
I think the name says it all...right?!!

Well right now they have an October Guest Design Team Call going on and they are looking for someone that use their images in a creative way!  Unfortunately, I don't own any of the stamp sets, but they do have some available free digital images for you to play with in case you have a fancy to play along!  If you want to get in this time...you better hurry because it's ending very soon!

So here's the full view of the card that I created to enter this GDT call for...
I think this monster is so FUN!!  (You can get him for FREE! CLICK HERE) You could color him up SO MANY different ways and I have other ideas for him, but of course I don't have the time to do everything!! LOL!!  I colored him up in purple hues with my Copics and then I gave him some green-yellowish hair, dots and feet.  That's the cool thing about monsters is that you can pretty much color them anyway you want!  For the top of his head, I took my colorless blender to make some dots.
And who could resist adding some google eyes to a monster?!!  I just had to do it!
The star is from an old SU! set and the sentiment is from The Alley Way Stamps.

The tree was cut with my Cricut Explore in black card stock.  I embossed the stars at the top with clear embossing powder and sponged over them with some distress inks.  It really makes the stars pop out!  I also took my silver gel pen and added some dots with the stars.  The strips of grass were just punched out, sponged and then I popped up the top strip along with the monster that's in-bedded in the grass blades.  I also added some stitching details around the edges.

I don't know if this is creative enough, but I sure had fun with anyway!

Here are some challenges that I'd like to link this for:
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Cute Halloween/Fall 4 Kids
Papertake Weekly - Repeat, Repeat (Repeatedly stamped stars)
Cute Card Thursday - Too Cute (monsters can be cute too!!)
----------------------------------------------------



I also have another card I wanted to share with you that I thought was really funny!!
My son's birthday was yesterday and I made this card for him
For those of you that are familiar with the cartoon SpongeBob Squarepants, then you already know who this character is.  I thought it would be fun to print off a photo of Patrick and make a shaped card with it!  I traced around the photo and cut out the shape on a folded piece of card stock.
I added some green trunks and punched flowers to glue on it.

I traced around the eyes too and then punched out some circles for the middle of the eye and the rest is just from me tracing around it with pens.  I think with the sponging, it made him look similar to the photo.  Here's the photo that I took this from:
My son has loved this cartoon since he was a child and he just had his 18th birthday!  So why did I make this for him?!  Well we have a running joke about this so I think he'll really get a kick out of it when he sees it.  Nope...haven't given it to him yet because I'm taking him out to dinner tomorrow and I'll be giving it to him then.  LOL!!

So that's all from me today.  Hope I could give you a smile or laugh while you're here!
Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you soon!  Thanks for stopping in!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


39 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Vicki,
2 fabulous cards.
I love them both.
You are very clever.
Happy belated Birthday to your son.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

uselesstrinkets said...

Awesome cards, Vicki! I love the Halloween one and of course Patrick Star.
Jessa

Margreet said...

Haha, Vicki, both cards are so funny!
Congrats on your son!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

I love your cute monster with his spooky tree and the stars Vicki..fantastic colouring and scene and I love Patrick!..brilliant card..I bet your Son loved it too..Happy birthday to him..hope he had a wonderful day.

luv CHRISSYxx

jimlynn said...

BOTH put a smile all over my face! I'll have to check out that new stamp company. Cute little monster and very creative.
The Sponge Bob - adorable!!! Love these.
Lynn

Shelly said...

Both are soooo CUTE!!!

SonjaK said...

Love your Halloween card with the Create a Smile monster. Your background is really fabulous.

Sue said...

Gorgeous fun and very creative cards Vicki.
I love the cute monster and wonderful colours. The card you made for your Son is amazing, I am sure he will love it! I hope he had a wonderful birthday, that you enjoy your meal out together.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Thanks for pointing the way to a new stamp company! Both of your cards are adorable, and you really showed your creativity with Mr. Squarepants!

Tammy said...

Oh my, these are so cute Vicki!! I love that little monster and his googly eyes! Fabulous card for your son, so creative- I bet he loved it!
Hugs, Tammy

Melissa said...

Vicki, these are both so cute!!! :) I LOVE the scene you created for that monster! The colors are so rich!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, Love both of these fun creations. You created a fabulous scene to showcase the little monster!

I'm still laughing over the card you made for your son. So creative and clever. Well done, my friend!

Kristie W. said...

You did an awesome job with Patrick!! I used to watch that cartoon with my brother when he was little (he's almost the same age as your son!)

LOVE the monster card. He is cute and the background is amazing. Love the creepy sky!

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh what a great Halloween card! Love the inking of the sky and all those great die cuts, and that Patrick card just makes me giggle, I love the pose!

JD/ Jill said...

Your first card is really cute...
and the second one is
"genius" !!! So cleverly designed...Really nicely done!

Sue from Oregon said...

You cards are super dooper fun, but especially fond of the special card you made for your son! I bet he was tickled. Hope you had a great birthday celebration!

Kelly Latevola said...

I love your little monster! Adding the dots with the colorless blender is such a great detail! That Patrick card is too cute! I hope your son has a wonderful birthday :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just darling! Loving the monster card- so cute! And the shaped card for your son- holy cow- that is totally adorable!!! I know you will enjoy your special dinner out- and he will feel so much love when he opens this amazing card!

poppaeacards said...

I love the spooky scene you have created for that cute little guy, the starry night sky is gorgeous! I bet your son loved his card too! Cx

Asha said...

A cute and cuddly Halloween? Oh yes! Entirely possible. And I cannot help but smile at Patrick. (eeek! has it been that long?!). Have a great weekend, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Becky said...

OH my Vicki, these are so cute and I love the squarepants :)

Stef H said...

o.m.g. that patrick card is a riot! your halloween card is fabulous. seriously... where did you move too????

it's cold here this morning (39f) and my house says 60. i still refuse to turn the heat on! brrrr

hugs :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Both of these cards are great! Sure brought a smile to my face this morning. I am a new follower. :)

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness! I love your patrick card! My son would love it too! I will have to make one for him someday.

Beth said...

Vicki your Halloween card is so stinkin cute love it....and I have to say you did an awesome job with Patrick bet your son loved it.....hope it warms back up for you.
Hugs

Anja Curvers said...

Wow I really love both of your cards but especiallythe one with the monster such a great scenery you've created. Thank you for joining us over at create a smile.

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, both your cards are super creative and super fun. Both made me smile. Love that little monster critter but that Patrick card is so darn cute. Fun stuff here! Hugz!

PS. Happy Birthday to your son

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are terrific, Vicki! Love the purple on the little monster and the punching around the card edges. Wishing you luck in the DT call. :-D
What a wonderful way to make a shaped card out of Patrick! Lots of work compared to having a machine to do it but I love that kind of special effort and I'm sure your son appreciated it.
I'll make a deal -- I'll send you half of our heat (103 today!) and you send me half of your cold rain. That should balance out temps for each one of us. Hugz

Monika Reeck said...

First I wanna say my son and me love to see film from Sponge Bob and the Patrick he always so innocent but sometimes also clever and your made Patrick as a card ooh ooh so cuuute and coool Vicki I love your made shade around his body in pink cute cute cute love this

Second I love your monster card it has a purple color and hihi the hair is green makes me smile cute cute again Vicki and I wish you are being a guest designer team there..I just read Christine the owner is from germany..

And third I am late reading your post...LOL I want join their GDT too who knows they like my card but I AM LATE..also maybe I will join next time...its a cool and cute stampt that she made...

Finger cross that they choose you as GDT my sweet friend..hugs, Monika

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Vicki love both these fabby cards they made me giggle, love the purple Halloween monster and the bottom one for your son bet he loved it, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Julia Aston said...

Two very cool cards Vicki!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensationally fun cards, Vicki! Totally delightful!

Lisa aka Myran said...

Awww, what a cutie! Really great cards Vicki!
Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Lisa aka Myran said...

Awww, what a cutie! Really great cards Vicki!
Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh my goodness these cards are awesome! Love the stars on that first card... and the second one just made me laugh!

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot and love the smiley monster and great tree die-brilliant shaped card and my hubby loves spongebob square pants(must be a male thing lol)Belated happy birthday to your son
Carol x

Rhonda Miller said...

Your cards are so fun. That little monster is so cute and I got a giggle out of Patrick.

julieprice3 said...

Sooo cute! Nice work
Hugs julie P

Donna said...

Haha, I love Patrick Vicki and so clever the way you have created him from tracing around a photo, you totally rock!!!! Cute little Halloween card too, the background looks amazing and the lil monster is too cute! :) Donna ♥ x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...