"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

First Christmas Card This Year!

Hello friends!  It may be too early for some of you to think about, but I want to get a good start on my Christmas cards this year, so here's my first one!

I had bought some die cuts last year and didn't get a chance to use them for any cards, so I got them out for a play and here's a little something I came up with:
I used this beautiful Country Landscape die cut from Memory Box and thought it made for a fabulous nightfall wintry scene on a card.  I absolutely LOVE the quiet and peaceful nights with a gentle shimmery snowfall.  I love the sparkle the snow has under the bright moon!

I used some my Copic markers to give a little shadow next to the buildings and trees to reflect the brightness of the moon.  The sentiment from Whimsy Stamps is embossed with silver embossing powder.  I also embossed the moon with a circle stamp I had and then covered it with the same shimmery paint that I speckled with a paint brush on the Midnight colored card stock.  The snowflakes on the card are from a Memory Box die cut as well.  (They're attached to a bow that I cut off.)  I painted them with the shimmer paint also and then glued them to my card for accents and added some silver Stickles glitter to the centers.

For the silver frame around the winter scene, I used my Spellbinders stackables (nesties) die cut and cut the Midnight panel out and inlayed that into the front white card base.  I then cut a larger and smaller die cut from the silver metallic card stock to create the frame.  I then used the smaller nesties die cut to cut out the country landscape area with the white card stock.  The silver metallic frame is popped up over the design and flush with the white snowy country landscape.
The white base of the card was corner rounded and also popped up on top of the folded card.

I love the layered look that the die cut gives without there being lots of bulk which makes this card an easy one to mail out at Christmas time!  Hope it inspires you to start your Christmas cards!
Thanks for stopping in today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges that I'd like to link this to:
Scrapy Land - Anything Goes using dies (It's their FIRST challenge!)
Sweet Stamps - embossing (heat embossed moon and sentiment)
allsorts - early Christmas makes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -  "Stamp It!" Stamps ONLY - no digis allowed

PRODUCTS I USED FOR THIS CARD LISTED BELOW

50 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful, stylish and wintry card Vicki!
xxx Margreet

Lori Kobular said...

I love this wintery card!! The Memory Box scene is just perfect with your copic shading! I have those same snowflake dies and I love them! Thanks for participating in the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog's 1st Challenge! I hope you will join us again real soon!

Regina said...

WOW!! Vicki! Wonderful Winter scene! LOVE the way you used the die! The shadows are a fantastic coloration!
big hugs
Regina

Davi said...

Fabulous Christmas card Vicki! I love love your beautiful scene you created, really stunning my friend :)

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous Christmas card! Love the scene you've created. It looks so serene and peaceful. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge. Hope to see lots more of your wonderful creations.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Vicki! What a wonderful and elegant design!

Roxie said...

Very nice holiday scene. I like your embossed moon and framing. Thanks for joining in on the SweetStamps embossing challenge.

Chrissy said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Vicki..I love the frame and love the country scene with the snow falling gently and the snowflakes..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the fab scene you've created.

Donna x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Vicki, love the fab scene you've created.

Donna x

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki, such a beautiful design. I especially love the way you have added the shadows to the buildings and trees.
hugs Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Vicki love the little scene you have created a super first Christmas card.
hugs
lorraine x

MiamiKel said...

This is stunning, Vicki! What a lovely Christmas scene you've created, complete with the moon! THis is a gem - you're off to a good start! Have a great weekend!

jimlynn said...

Vicki! This is sensational!!! I love the peaceful feel to your card and what a beautiful scene that die creates. The shadows are just perfect too. Love this!!! Oh, and glad you're joining us for Scrappy Land Challenges too!
Lynn

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love the sentiment.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is phenomenal! Gorgeous scene-- love the snowy sky you created and the shadows you created for the houses and trees.

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is truly stunning. Thanks for sharing. Just think...one down, 99 to go! Lol...you rock!

aussie aNNie said...

love the card, dies and image, your colours are just gorgeous. Have a lovely weekend Vickie.xx
The Journey is the Start

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Great card for today's post! I specially like the corrugated border! Wonderful effect! cheers from California
Bibiana

debby4000 said...

Love your first Christmas card.
luv
Debby

Tammy said...

Sweet Christmas time card, love the scene!

Stef H said...

gorgeous. just gorgeous!

truth be told, it's NEVER to early for xmas cards.... and i need to get crackin'. i need to do 80 for the church and THEN maybe, just maybe, i can start on my own! guess i know what i'll be doing these next couple of months - LOL.

hugs :)

Becky said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Vicki. I have looked at this die several times and did not buy it but after seeing this card it is a must have :)..

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so elegant...you make it look so easy girl! A great start on your holiday cards...lucky people on your list LOL!

NanaConnie said...

This is so beautiful and serene, Vicki! Love the die cuts. :-D

Wishcraft said...

Love that landscape die! Fab design and a gorgeous card Vicki :o) Hugs, Lisa x

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty Christmas card. I like the way you added shadows next to the houses. I have a different memory box die with a scene with little houses. I would never think to do that...but now I feel a case coming on...Very creative and beautifully done!

Céline said...

so stunning, love the design
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Christmas card,love the die-cut scene and sentiment
Carol x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is my favourite die and it looks gorgeous here. I never thought to add a little shadow - that's a great idea, and just adds that extra dimension.
Caroline xxx

Julia Aston said...

Oh! I love your framed starry scene Vicki - and the great shadows you made on the snow by the houses! I've got all of my Christmas cards already done! better get a move on girl!! LOL!!

Tammy said...

WOW this Christmas card is gorgeous Vicki!! I love the slight shadows along the landscape and the beautiful silver frame, fabulous little scene you've created my friend!
Hugs, Tammy

Monika Reeck said...

wooowww Vicki...this is really adorable and I love the feel on your card ..it is cold it is winter and it is christmas time and you are so dilligent to make christmas card already now me...I did not make any till today ooh so lazy Monika...wish you have a great weekend and see you again on my blog my new friend..hugs, Monika

Stef H said...

did you move? to where?

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think you're smart to get a start on your Christmas cards, Vicki, and you've done a brilliant job with this first one! I love everything about it!! Hugs, Darnell

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Vicki! Love that scenery die cut! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, Amazing as always, Love the die cuts. You did the spy perfectly and love the moon. Great layout and the paper choice is incredible.
Fabulous ideas and inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
rubber stamping is my game blog

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so beautiful! I love that moon!!!

downrightcrafty said...

super die and scene and love your card
hugs Kate xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this great scene- and the pretty die- so lovely! Oh I had better get the Christmas Cards a going...... Oh, and the DT hat on now.... Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki, love the way you have created the frame and the silhouette scene behind is so festive...absolutely love it :) Donna ♥ x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, I love the little scene you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for Heidi's special birthday blog hop
hugs
Mandy xx

Anneke said...

hi Vicky
such a lovely winter scene on your card and i love it.
have a nice week and hugs from Ann

Lynn McAuley said...

An awesome holiday design, Vicki! I love every perfect detail!

Dr Sonia S V said...

The moon is Especially enchanting VIcki!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Beth said...

very pretty GF makes me wish for snow and colder weather.
Hugs

Asha said...

The serenity of this card is simply beautiful. What a great way to start your 2014 Christmas Collection! Looking forward to more stunners, my friend!
hugs, Asha

julieprice3 said...

What a pretty scene, very sweet
Hugs julie P

nwilliams6 said...

So pretty! Elegant and gorgeous! You have been on a roll with some beautiful cards my friend. Hugz!

Lola said...

Such a delicate look to this and your moon is just gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...