"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, September 29, 2014

Happy National Coffee Day!!

Well who would've known that my birthday day was also National Coffee Day as well!!
How cool is that?!... and I do love my coffee which I'm sipping on whilst I made this card today!

I wasn't going to post today, BUT I happened to come across this fun blog hop and my dear blog friend Monika pointed it out to me as well.  Thank you!  Time is of the essence here...so I needed this to get posted today.  :)

I felt like I received a birthday present in the mail when the October 2014 Simon Says card kit came in the mail for me over the weekend!!  I love all the different things you get in the kits!
This is the close-up details of the card I made below.
I wanted to try to use everything I could try and fit with the kit items!  I didn't use them all, but I did use several items from the kit.
---------------------------------------

So for this blog hop, the information can be found by clicking on this badge below:
Chaitali is having a special "coffee lovers bloghop challenge" and there is only so much time to enter your coffee creations!  There are also flash give aways every 3 hours along with a choice award!
There are already over 100 entries...so hurry and make something! :)
---------------------------------------------

Here is the card that I made this morning while sipping on my own coffee!! LOL!
I paper pieced the mug with the gorgeous papers from the kit, added some color to make it look like some coffee was in the cup and stamped some "steam" coming out of it with the SSS Khaki ink pad included in the kit as well.  I embossed the heart circle with clear embossing powder and popped it up over the cup.  Then I added the sequins that came in the kit, distressed the edges and added my greeting and even stamped a little cup from the stamp set on my envelope!

Since I felt I needed to hurry a bit, it felt good to make up this card in about 20 minutes!! LOL!

And if you'd like to enter for a chance to win one of TWO different stamps, then be sure to leave me a comment on THIS BLOG POST telling me which one you'd like to win!!
You have until the end of October 2014 to enter!!

Thanks so much for stopping in to celebrate my birthday with me today!!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
The Pink Elephant (TPE270) - anything goes
Inkspirational - Beverages/Drinks
613 Avenue - Anything Goes (Optional use a heart)

47 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, you are back!!! I am so happy you popped by my blog!

of course I couldn't let a blog hop about coffee pass me by. I joined the moment I found out about it! tee hee! so happy to see you here, too!

LOVE your card and that cute cup with the heart! can't believe it came together so fast. I really need to check out that kit....

MiamiKel said...

Super cute, love all the wonderful pops of color against the beige - looks yummy enough to drink! Beautiful!

Anita said...

Adorable card! I love the heart and paper.

crafty-stamper said...

love the paper pieced coffee mug and matching border strips
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

you are really SWETTTTT my friend...thanks for put my name on your Blog off course I will tell you and my lovely friends (all who always visiting me back) this lovely Hop...

Ok now about your card...Oh dear it looks like its HOT it ready to drink and its just finish cook coffee...lovely heart lovely DP and lovely sequin what should I say I ADORE your card...now I must go sleep its 22:00 in Germany...wish you luck too my sweet friend and I love to know you...we can help each other to hint next other event (do you know World Card Making days Party somewhere out there please hint to me if you know :) )

Sue said...

BIG Happy Birthday wishes to you Vicki. I hope your day has been filled with fun and happiness!
Your card is gorgeous. I love the papers you have used and your detailing is fabulous.
Sending special birthday hugs, Sue xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love the card and love the challenge theme too...so it is your birthday today? happy birthday then! wishing you lots of good things...so your blog and your birth are close in dates?
hugs
bibiana

Tammy said...

Hi Vicki, I looked at each your cards I've missed and each one is fabulous! Your designs are always over the top!

Jean McNulty said...

so pretty!!!

Patti J said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! Love your card, love coffee! Hope you've had a great day, and so glad that you posted! Hugs...

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Awesome card I adore your paper pieced Mug <3

Patricia St Martin said...

Super card, great kit, love the paper piecing. The steam is a nice touch. Very nice sentiment.
Hugs, Pat

Sue said...

Love our coffee cup, coffee looks good enough to drink! Really cute card, Vicki.

Hugs
Sue

julieprice3 said...

Love the paper on the cup, so bright and cheery. Very pretty card
Hugs Julie P

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

what great colors and those sequins are fantastic!

NanaConnie said...

National Coffee Day and I haven't had a single cup the entire day. Blasphemy! Your coffee looks almost real, Vicki. I love your color combo and the design is marvelous. :-D

JD/ Jill said...

Super cute card! Great paper piecing!

Sue from Oregon said...

Boy am I behind times!!! Coffee Day...I absolutely love the smell of coffee but hate the taste! I guess I will just be a sniffer LOL! Great card!!!

Marybeth said...

Such a beautiful coffee card! Love the paper piecing !

aussie aNNie said...

Ahhh can smell the coffee here in australia lol...fab card love the colouring.
.xx aNNie
The Journey is the Start

debby4000 said...

Brilliant coffee card and love the colours you've used.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

nwilliams6 said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!! Hope it was amazing like you. This card is fabulous. You made the cup super fun and the inside looks super great too. That little touch of sparkle is perfect!!! Well done! Hugz and extra ones for your birthday!

Olga said...

Absolutley gorgeous, makes me want a cup right now....

Amy Johnson said...

Cute card! Love the paper piecing and the heart embellishment.

Beth said...

Well GF you did a fantastic job in 20 minutes great card.
Hugs

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your card makes me smile Vicki!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Shelly said...

Oh, my! This is too cute!!! LOOOOOVE your mug and colors!!!

Tammy said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Vicki! I love that paper pieced mug and the added sequins!!
Hugs, Tammy

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

How beautiful! I love the paper you have used on here and the colors! I love the heart too!

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is terrific.

Céline said...

so gorgeous, love the paper piecing
hugs
céline

Beth H. said...

Beautiful card!

Regina said...

Vicki, your coffee card is fantastic! I did not know of a coffee day!

hugs Regina

coldwaters2 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Vicki I really hope that you have had a lovely day and what a smashing card that coffee in the cup looks so real, I could do with one of those, lol, like the colours on the cup it looks as if both the cup and coffee would wake you up, enjoy your birthday.
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

So cute and love the paper piecing on here! That looks like real coffee in the cup!
Sorry I haven't been around! I just got back into town this morning after being gone for a week.
Lynn

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely steaming colorful mug!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love the paper you used for the mug and the sequins, so warm and inviting!

Patti said...

Too too sweet Vicki! I really love your paper pieced mug and the colors you selected are really great! : )

Patti

Nonni said...

Such a cute card! Great idea with paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

WOW FAB CARD!! Like the add glitter to you coffee.

downrightcrafty said...

so pretty the lovely distressed edges and the pink looks great
hugs Kate xx

Tracey said...

Oooh I love this card Vicki (& I fancy a coffee now lol).
I hope you had a wonderful birthday & got some crafting goodies :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

~amy~ said...

Yay for card kits! Love what you've done with yours!
Thanks for linking up to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

Nance E Salkeld said...

Adorable card! Love the paper pieced cup. Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Nance, DT

Ruby N said...

such a cute card

MariLynn said...

How pretty. Love the sequins

Deepti said...

sweet card !! Love the patterened paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...