"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

It's a Tuesday Throwdown Recipe!

Hello my friends!  Hope your week is starting off to be a good one!
Today it's "Team A's" turn to share inspiration for the new challenge at
Tuesday Throwdown

We would like to see your creations made with the following recipe of:
1 image, 2 decorative papers & 3 flowers

No problem, right?!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Here's what I came up with using one of our sponsor's images:
I have used this really precious image from "A Day for Daisies" called Buddy.
I think this is a great image to remind us how special our friendships are!  I printed him out and cut the sides to go over the front of an A2 sized card.  I stenciled some clouds and added some distressing around the edges.  The sentiment is from an older stamp set I have.  It may also be hard to tell in the photo, but I've done some paper piercing stitch details on the yellow strip of paper.

So following the recipe, I have my 1 image colored in, 2 decorative papers which are the dotted black and white along with the solid red distressed papers and then finally at the bottom I have my three punched out flowers with the black rhinestones for the centers and popped up off the card.

I hope you will pop on over to the challenge blog to see all of the rest of DT inspiration!
I have somewhere special to send this card to.  Perhaps there's someone that you're thinking of who'd love to receive a hand-made creation by you?  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to link this one to:
Addicted to Stamps & More - anything goes with optional thinking of you or get well
Simply Create Too - Something NEW (new digital stamp and blending inks!)
Crafts 4 Eternity - Digital
The Squirrel & The Fox - For a Male

38 comments:

Olga said...

Gorgeous, right up my alley, guess I gotta play............

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work with this precious image, Vicki! What a sweet, sweet card!

Stef H said...

fabulous! absolutely fabulous! great colors, great papers and i LOVE that sentiment!

hugs :)

Carla S. said...

What a beautiful card, Vicki! Love the papers, layout and sweet image and sentiment!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Vicki, this really is a knockout. Not only fabulous coloring, but the stenciled cloud background is fabulous... Going to have to remember this idea. Another great creation Vicki.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Vicki I am sold on this image!! It's my son with his dog, Buddy! Literally this is him and it's perfect ❤️ Your card design and coloring are aplendid. This just made me smile!

Btw I left you a comment under my daughter the other day! So sorry! We just made a blog for her (some scholarships ask that you blog! Who
Knew!) and I forgot to log out 😘

jimlynn said...

Vicki, this is a wonderful friendship card! I love that precious image. Beautiful coloring on this and also love the colors you selected! Very, very nice!
Lynn

Dr Sonia S V said...

Vicki what a cute image-- I missed seeing this or I would have chosen it too but I could never make such a beautiful background for it..You have rocked this one my friend!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Beth said...

Vicki so cute GF and love the image you chose and your clouds are perfect.
Hugs

Julie Beech said...

Great image,love how the little boy is staring out into the distance.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh this is so sweet! Wonderful coloring!

Chrissy said...

What a lovely image and colouring Vicki and love the sentiment..so sweet.Fabulous card design too..I love the bands of colours.

luv CHRISSYxx

Asha said...

A sweet card.That little boy and his dog... adorable. Great colouring too, my friend!
hugs, Asha

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Vicki! I love that image and it's colored beautifully, fabulous polka-dot paper too!!
Hugs, Tammy

Neets B said...

Such a sweet image and it's great how you've framed it using the same colours used for the focal image. Thanks for sharing this week at ATSM, Anita x

Tammy said...

Both the image and sentiment are very touching! Wonderful card to remind someone you miss them!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the wistful image,great sentiment and love the papers
Carol x

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful sentiment and sweet image Vicki!

Amy Johnson said...

Love this card! The image is so sweet, and the layout and design is incredible!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card!!...such a Sweet image and your combo of red, black and gold really pops!! Beautiful layout!
hugs,
Chris

aussie aNNie said...

GORGEOUS card and image Vicki, for some reason I felt a bit of sadness reading the sentiment....guess I am an emotional person and miss my mum...LOVE the card.xxxThe Journey is the Start


NanaConnie said...

Perfect use of the recipe, Vicki! Love that image and your sky is marvelous. Adorable flowers. :-D

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet image! Wonderful coloring and I love the clouds!

Jennifer said...

This is just splendid! I love the design to this widescreen shot!

Kim said...

This is so precious! I love the sentiment and the image is so lovely.

julieprice3 said...

Love the colours on this one, delightful card
Hugs Julie P

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Hi Vicky and what a fabulous card hun - I miss my doogie too !!!! thanks for hopping over my blog hugs Judith x

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Hi Vicky and what a fabulous card hun - I miss my doogie too !!!! thanks for hopping over my blog hugs Judith x

vic said...

Aww this card is lovely and so sweet, your colouring is amazing!!
Hugs
Vic x

Shana Gaff said...

Cute card! I love how you did your shading and clouds. It looks so artistic! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

Monika Reeck said...

you are like a rock star Vicki you have much fans..and me too one of them and I love how you coloring him what a cute image and nice color combo you put on your card...Cute image and lovely layout...Great card my friend..hugs, Monika

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is just darling! Love the sweet image, and, as always, you've colored it beautifully! Thanks for sharing :-)

Céline said...

fab card, love the cute little scene
hugs
céline

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet, sweet card. I love that beautiful image and that sentiment just warms your heart. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

michele said...

Fabulous card Vicki :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Regina said...

What an adorable card Fab take on the recipe!

big hugs Regina

nwilliams6 said...

I think this is darling Vicki! Such a sweet feel to it and your coloring and details are just perfect (love the clouds). Hugz!

paper fun said...

Beautifully done, Vicky. So sweet.

Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Mari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...