"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

More Copic Coloring Cards!

Hello friends!  Wow, I sure am glad that it's Friday!! Yay!
I plan on doing some things with my family especially since it's going to be really nice out this weekend, I want to get out and enjoy it now before it starts getting too cold!  How about you?

So I've been busy doing lots of crafting "behind the scenes" and I can't wait to share with all of you what I've been working on!  But for today, I wanted to share a couple of card creations for the practicing of the Copic Coloring class that I've been taking:
Isn't this little cup just as CUTE as can be?!!  Although we received the cup image from the Copic Coloring Class, the image comes from this adorable stamp set from Paper Smooches called Hot Concoctions.  I just got the stamp set, so I wanted to add some little extra details to make a card with of course! :)  The sentiment is also a Paper Smooches image as well.

The cup is popped up on top of the brown die cut piece and I stamped the saucer shape to place underneath the cup.  I used the stitched border dies to add some layers.  I couldn't let this go without adding the CUTE smile face, steam and heart to it either!

In the photo below, you can see that I've added some sparkle with my Wink of Stella to the heart and I took my Stickles glitter glue and added some dots to the cheeks on the cup....

So for the Copic Coloring Class, we are practicing our shading.  I'm learning some really cool knowledge to add to my Copic coloring!  I'm glad I ended up taking the class!
The cup actually looks better in person with the shading details.  I think I'm going to try out some different color combinations using what I've learned!


Now for my SECOND card today:
This butterfly was really awesome to color!!  I'm not sure where the image came from, but it's one that we received in class.  I made this card very simple because I wanted the butterfly to really pop out on the card.  So I just spritzed it with some gold shimmer spray, added some dotted lines behind the butterfly with my Copic liner pen and stamped a sentiment by Simon Says Stamp to finish up my CAS style design.

Here are closer details of the butterfly coloring:
So for the butterfly, I was practicing my "feathering/flicking" as they call it.  I like how the feathering with the darker into the lighter colors look because you don't blend them together.  I will be doing more of this on another image sometime I'm sure!

For the yellow parts of the butterfly, you can see the feathering as much because I covered it with some black dots using my Copic liner pen.
I fussy cut the butterfly and popped it up with some foam tape on my card.

--------------------------------
So I hope you've enjoyed my creations today!
Please be sure to come back here on Monday because I have something really special to share with you all!!  Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for joining me today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:

For the TOP CARD (coffee cup)
Paper Smooches SPARKS- anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Oh how cute!

-------------------------------------

For the BOTTOM CARD (butterfly)
Addicted to Stamps & More - Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes

49 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Two brilliant CAS style cards Vicki what a great image on the coffee cup, that butterfly card is simply beautiful, wow, it really does look exquisite
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Two fablous cards Vicki..I love the cute cup with his glittery cheeks and the butterfly is so elegant..gorgeous colouring.

luv CHRISSYxx

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Gorgeous colour - that butterfly looks like it's about to fly off the card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Vicki. I love the cheerful cup and beautiful butterfly. Your colouring is stunning and the CAS designs are perfect.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Becca Cruger said...

That butterfly card is just so clean and elegant. I love your coloring technique on the wings, too! Thanks for sharing!

Lola said...

Both your cards are adorable. Love the cup since my number 1 drink is coffee and favorite color is blue (OMG, did you make this for ME?), and wonderful feathering (I too would like to learn that technique).

Beth said...

Wow Vicki that butterfly is just gorgeous GF love the colors you used...you are really doing awesome work with those copics....love both cards.
Hugs

Patti J said...

There is way too much cuteness on one page! These are just darling! I'm a coffee lover, so this card stole my heart. Butterflies also make me happy! Great job on both cards, and I simply can't sit still waiting to see what you're up to!!! HURRY!!! Tell us soon, okay? Hugs...

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous coloring, Vicki! Fun cup and a beautiful butterfly brought to life with amazing shading.

Chasing the Dream said...

OMG, so beautiful and lovely. Just loving the CAS composition and palette. Fabulous indeed.
Hugs
Berni

NanaConnie said...

Both of these are delightful, Vicki! I love your shading on the coffee mug and the purple butterfly is marvelous! Wonderfully simple designs.

Neets B said...

Two fantastic cards, Vicki. The first is so much fun and I love all the clean lines. Your butterfly card is so elegant, you've coloured it beautifully and the gold shimmer spray looks stunning behind it. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM this week, Anita x

Olga said...

Vicki, both cards are over the top!!!!!

Stef H said...

what a cute coffee cup, but holy moly, you went over the top on that butterfly! love it! gorgeous!

i think a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you is due, isn't it? :)

hugs,

Julie Beech said...

The butterfly card is really pretty. Glad you are enjoying playing with your Copics, I think they are great fun.
Thanks for sharing with us at TSM this week.
PS I think the mug card is fun too!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 beautiful CAS cards.
Your colouring is fab and it looks like you're really having fun with it.
Caroline xxx

Regina said...

Sometimes I feel that the simple cards are the most effective! The colouring is amazing!
wish you a wonderful weekend
Regina

Monika Reeck said...

FIRST card is lovely CAS card I love how you coloring all the image and the color combo is perfect Vicki..love the smile on the mug face and love the shadow under the mug...

SECOND CARD I believe you love purple my dear friend your coloring the butterfly tooo adorable..love the combine with yellow and black and the draw of the butterfly behind it looks so real...I love your CAS card my friend...I think one or two of this card will win ...believe me my sweet friend..hugs, Monika

Donna Mosley said...

Two great cards Vicki, love them both.

Donna x

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Copic coloring on your cards, Vicki! LOVE the color combo on your butterfly so much!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

julieprice3 said...

The faux stitching is very effective and that butterfly is stunning, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Shelly said...

These are wonderful! Your coloring is great! Love the technique you used for your butterfly. And your coffee mug is simply, adorable! :)

Patti said...

Oh Vicki your coloring is outstanding!! I can't decide which I LOVE the best!! I will have to check out this class. I don't own any Copic markers but I keep feeling I should after looking at your cards!

Thanks a bunch for stopping by. I appreciate you! : )

Patti

Rhonda Miller said...

These are terrific.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! That butterfly is incredible!!! LOVE it!

Asha said...

Two awesome cards, Vicki! Your colouring is simply amazing, my friend! Flawless shading. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
hugs, Asha

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki & your colouring is just perfect!
I hope you're having a fab weekend (shame they go so quickly lol)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Adorably gorgeous images, lush colours with your copics and love your added beauties...enjoy your weekend, what's left of it.xxx

The Journey is the Start


Tammy said...

Two fabulous cards Vicki! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the gold shimmer spray and the coloring technique on the butterfly card!!
Hugs, Tammy

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the cute mug of love and that butterfly is just puplelicious.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

SonjaK said...

Love your butterfly card, especially the colors - so springlike. Your Copic shading is wonderful, too.

Anni said...

Great coloring!
Anni

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are wonderful, Vicki! Love the colors and stitched borders on the first and your bg w/ the butterfly on top is so pretty.

Jennifer said...

You're amazing Vicki! I just love the wonderful creative ideas you come up with! I am so thankful for your wonderful inspiration you give! This cup is so cute with it's little glittery smile and the gold dusting around the butterfly is perfect!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully colored and shaded : ) Loving the CAS cards- hard to make I think...! Loving the glimmer spray you added : )

Céline said...

fab cards Vicky, beautifuly coloured
hugs
céline

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, such lovely designs and love the colours too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

JD/ Jill said...

Two great cards! The first one is so cute! Great colors...and the second one nicely colored and fits the "flutter" challenge so well.

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards but love the beautiful butterly and great colouring
Carol x

Sue said...

Love a two-fer. Vicki, both cards are so adorable. Love the cup. Coloring is awesome.

Hugs
Sue

Nora N. said...

Wow!! You are rocking this class!! My stuff is not looking as nice as yours!! I love the little cup. Your shading is fabulous!!

The butterfly came out lovely as well. I love the gold you used behind it. It really makes it pop off the card.

Really beautiful cards!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Vicki, both beautiful coloured and I love the CAS designs on both! Happy Birthday for today...hope you have a wonderful day with lots of treats and surprises :) Donna ♥ x

Lynn McAuley said...

Two delightful cards, Vicki! Both the smiling mug and the colorful butterfly are sensational! Great work!

Caryn said...

Fabulous card Vicki - the layout is great and I love the colours too.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

I'm always honest, I do love the butterfly card and your coloring is wonderful, you did lots of flickering and that is what we call it, nice job blending. Super job with the background love how you spritzed it. The coffee card is nice and like the stitched border die that is nice.
Have a great week!
Hugs, Pat

Shana Gaff said...

Beautiful butterfly! I just love the splatters in the background! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Like you needed to take a class - your coloring is wonderful. It is beautiful on these cards as well - love them all. Hugz!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Loved both your cards and Especially the smiling cup!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

jimlynn said...

Two wonderful cards! Love the color combination on that first card and the gorgeous butterfly on the second.
Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...