"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, September 15, 2014

OH. EM. GEE. Paper Piecing

Hello friends and welcome to another Monday in September!
Still a bit chilly over my way, but I hear it's supposed to warm up a bit in another week or two before the old man winter hits us with really cold temps!

So today I have a quick and simple card to share with you:
This card was just so much fun to make!  You know when you don't have time to go into your craft room, but you have an idea looming in your head so that when you get in to finally create you don't want your "vision" to go away...so this is a card I had in my head all weekend! LOL!

I do not own very many Mama Elephant stamps, but boy those images are just the CUTEST!!  Have you seen their new release?!  OH. EM. GEE....looks like so many fun things to play with!  Too bad I need to save my Christmas money for presents for others!! LOL!!

  For the monthly challenge, they wanted to see some paper piecing.  So I took the open image balloon from the Good Times stamp set and stamped it on some decorative papers that I still had left over from a Simon Says Stamp card kit. (I even used the fun black/gray woodgrain paper for the background of my card.)  I then fussy cut the balloons out and popped them up on the card.  I took my Copic liner pen and drew the strings coming from the balloons and ran them right into the cut out "thanks" at the bottom of my card.  The tiny bow holding the balloon strings and the "OH. EM. GEE." sentiment is also from this same stamp set as well.

I do not own a "thanks" die cut, so I used my Cricut Explore to find a nice "thanks" to cut out with the same patterned paper as one of the balloons.  I also have that popped up on the bottom of the card as well.  The only thing left was rounding the corners with my corner chomper and adding some star sequins to go with my design.  I think this would make for a nice masculine thank you card, don't you think?

So here are the challenges that I'd like to link this card to:
Mama Elephant September challenge:



Cardz 4 Guyz - Clean & Simple

So thanks for joining me over here today and I'll be back with another creation for you soon!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


36 comments:

Olga said...

this is abosltely fantastic, love the balloons, and the cut outs!!!

vic said...

Aww this is so fun and I love the greeting :) gorgeous creation :)
Hugs
Vic x

Margreet said...

Love your balloons and paperpiecing, Vicki...a 'clever'card!
xxx Margreet

Vic said...

what a great card! definitely a fab masculine card... love the papers you chose for those balloons.. thanks for playing our challenge this week - Vic, Guest designer at Cardz 4 guys x

Cazro said...

Brillianat. I love your oh em gee, guess I'll be borrowing that in the future. Super clean and simple card.Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

mayholicraft said...

This is so cute, and your paper piecing looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. May

Monika Reeck said...

Hii Vicki love your paper piecing and the baloon looks so lovely with those colors and nice THANKS DP I love it looks like it is a choco cake full with sweets in colors ...lovely take Three challenge at CASology and I made LOLLIPOPS this time..if you like to see at my last post..I would be so glad to hear from you and I put a little tutorial too...big hugs from Germany, Monika

jimlynn said...

Super cute! Love the paper pieced balloons and also all the polka dots on the sentiment die. Love your card!
Lynn

Meghan said...

Love your perfectly paper pieced balloons! So glad you joined us this week at CASology!

Julie Beech said...

A very striking card, Vicki.
Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

lostinpaper said...

Such a fun card and with one of my fave paper pads too! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

Helen said...

Great card - love the focus on the text.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Lola said...

Wonderful style and that sentiment is perfect for those texting gurus! Excellent fun!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome! Don't you just love when an idea in your head works out on paper. Your design rocks and I love how you created you own balloon strings as well as the die cut using your Explore. Fabulous original design!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Vicki, love the 'thanks', just terrific!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I'm so loving those paper pieced balloons, Vicki! Terrific background and wonderful CAS design. Fabulous dimension. :-D

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Vicki! I love the paper pieced balloons and that fun sentiment!!
Big hugs, Tammy

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! Like the paper pieced ballonts! It's one of my favorite techiques!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is terrific. I love the paper pieced balloons.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card and good luck on all these challenges. and beautiful woody background
hugs from sunny California
Bibiana

Stef H said...

love it! that background and all the papers you used are fantabulous!!!!!

pretty chilly here too, but i still haven't turned the heat on!

hugs :)

Beth said...

Oh Vicki how adorable GF love the balloons and the papers are perfect to showcase them.
Hugs

Shelly said...

Totally, cute!!! Love it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

bwahahaha! This cracks me up! I love the papers you've used on here too!

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant CAS card it does amke agreat male card love the paper pieced balloons and polka dotted thanks -great B.paper too
Carol x

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is super adorable, Vicki!! Your paper-piecing is perfection and the design is so fun! Hugs, Darnell

MiamiKel said...

Supah cute!!!! This just pops off the screen with cuteness and the bold paper piercing. Adorable card!

Sue from Oregon said...

Exactly what I thought...a perfect man card...and easily turned into a birthday card as well...love the combo papers and that OH EM GEE stamp is so fun!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Vicki, this totally makes me laugh! What a fun play on that text acronym. Fun balloons too. This is sooo fun. Hugz!

aussie aNNie said...

Hello Vicki, sorry if I missed some of your posts, have been with my dad a lot who one day is Palliative care then he comes good but frail then back again...a real roller coaster emotionally.
Your card and gorgeous colours are so inspiring...love what you do.xxx

julieprice3 said...

Very clever, nicely done
hugs Julie P

Asha said...

Gorgeous card and the paper piecing is done to perfection. I really like the simple design.
hugs, Asha

Céline said...

fantastic design hun
hugs
céline

Kristie W. said...

This is super cute, Vicki! Love the oversized patterned letters.

Kristie W. said...

This is super cute, Vicki! Love the oversized patterned letters.

Donna said...

Oh.Em.Gee indeed...absolutely love the CAS design Vicki and the spotty lettering looks amazing :) Donna ♥ x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...