"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

One Layer Thankyou

Hello friends!  After this Labor Day weekend, my time schedule is off a bit!
I wanted to post on Monday but I was busy with my family and didn't have time!
I've also been messing around with a video and I'm not happy with it, so there is still more tweaking to do and trying out different things until I get the result that I want.  But hopefully once I get it all figured out I will be able to keep making videos with the same method.

So anyway, I have a very simple and quick card to share with you today!
If you've been following me for a while, then you know what type of cards I had made in the past which were VERY detailed with lots of "stuff" on it.  Well this is completely the opposite of that!
Check it out....
This is a complete one-layer design using some fun Lawn Fawn stamps!  I love the Interlocking Backdrops stamp set because there are so many cool techniques you can do with it and interesting looks you can achieve with it as well!

I have used my Copic markers to color in randomly the blocks.  I also took my lightest color of grey to make a shadow border around the edges and give them a bit of a 3-D look.  I just split the middle of the border stamp and placed my sentiment in the middle of it.

In this close-up view of the card, I'm hoping that you can see the slight shimmer on the white colored blocks.  I just brushed some Smooch over top of the white ones for a bit of shimmer on the card.  It looks really awesome IRL!  Of course to keep it from being completely plain, I also added some enamel dots and rounded the corners at the bottom with my corner chomper.

Hope that you've enjoyed my one layer design today and see you soon!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges that I'd like to link to:

CAS on Sunday - black & white with one other color
Simon Says Stamp (Work it Wednesday for September) - must use stamping
Stampin' Royalty - Black & White with pop of color

PRODUCTS USED ON MY CARD LISTED BELOW

41 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning CAS design Vicki. Just love the red black and white.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

MiamiKel said...

Wow!! *claps* this is one of the finest one later cards ever! So bold and striking with the contrasting colors. Has some WOW factor indeed! Looks like a winner to me!

jimlynn said...

Viki, I LOVE this! CAS and just stunning! VERY nice!
Lynn

Carla S. said...

Very striking and creative, Vicki! Love the CAS design!

Dr Sonia S V said...

It looks so stylish and elegant Vicki...love the color combination you have chosen
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

downrightcrafty said...

wow so simple but so striking love the image and the colours great card
hugs Kate x

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful CAS card, I really love how you colored in that border.

Chrissy said...

Very stylish and very effective with the colours Vicki and I love the enamel dots placed perfectly...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic clean and simple design Vicki love the stamps you have used also the fab colours, love it
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Wow Vicki, so out of your comfort zone, but so beautiful!
xxx Margreet

Sue said...

This is fabulous Vicki, such a stylish design and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

I love your CAS card Vicki, you should definitely do more, it is outstanding!

Tammy said...

Oh WOW what a gorgeous CAS card Vicki!! Fabulous design and colors, I love the touch of shimmer!
Hugs, Tammy

aussie aNNie said...

How do you do it? Just make a simple card look a million dollars....love the colour theme and just love the card.xxxThe Journey is the Start

Anneke said...

hi Vicky
this is such a gorgeous design and CAS card and i love it.
the colts are chosen very well my friend.
have a nice week and hugs to you.
Ann

Anneke said...

sorry, i write something wrong and it must be the colors ofcourse.
hugs Ann

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhhh love this!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Adore the colors, coloring/shading and fabulous CAS design! Awesome card, Vicki!!

Anja Curvers said...

This is a stunner never thought of using that stamp this way how clever and great coloring. Glad you joined us over at CAS on sunday.

nwilliams6 said...

Great one layered card. I am trying to do more of them myself and I know how hard it is to do them right - this one is done RIGHT. Great image and colors and extra little pops like the smooch. well done! Hugz!

Becky said...

wow, what a fabulous CAS card Vicki!

Regina said...

Vicki,wow what a fabulous card, and your coloring is stunning! Absolutely perfect!
I'm happy that my card was so quickly over the ocean!

big hugs
Regina

Lynn McAuley said...

Super cute and colorful, Vicki!! Sensational one layer design!

Stef H said...

i LOVE it. LOVE it. it's my kinda card and i love the colors you chose!

after the rain and humidity and heat today, maybe, just maybe we'll be into fall! have a great week!

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

Love this card, so glad you are back!!! Loving those bricks of color!!

Amy Johnson said...

I love one layer cards, and i love this modern design. Awesome!

Céline said...

stunning, love the dots you've added
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning CAS card Vicki you cetainly nailed the CAS LOVE that stamp set and colour choice brilliant result
carol x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love how you used these interlocking background stamps! Super cute. Now I gotta get mine out and use them, lol.

Asha said...

Awesome CAS design. Love those cascading blocks.
hugs, Asha

julieprice3 said...

A wonderful simple design, just perfect for a man or lady, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Davi said...

Amazing CAS card Vicki, I love the way you colored the blocks, gave them such great dimension ;)

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I really love the simplicity of this one, Vicki! Wonderful pop of red and I love the shading.

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful shading and coloring on this Vicki!

Monika Reeck said...

RED BLACK AND WHITE always look great am I right Vicki and your one layer card is adorable I luv all the colors the dots there and the arrangement..SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL and I LUV this...hugs,Monika

Kimberly S said...

Love the color combination, and that fabulous clean look! hugs, Kimberly

Beth said...

what a clever design my friend on this CAS and so very perfect for it...wonderful job.
Hugs

Mariken said...

Your card is really beautiful!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

{Chrissie} said...

Clean. Simple. FABULOUS! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

Dawn Frost said...

Hi Vicki I love your CAS card, especially the epoxy dots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...