"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, September 22, 2014

Pumpkin EVERYTHING! Yum!

Hello friends and a happy Monday to you!
Well it is certainly starting to feel like Fall over my way, how about you?
I love Fall with all of the beautiful colors, falling leaves, smells, sweaters and sweats wearing and yummy things like "pumpkin" flavored lattes, muffins...I love it!

So this last week, I saw this really fun digital image for FREE...so I had to grab it:
I just LOVE the hand-writing on this and how the little string from the "s" is attached onto the pumpkin...too cute!
So this FREE digital image came from the Neat and Tangled blog!  (They are just starting a brand new release as well...so check it out while you are there to enter to win some cool sequins!)

I printed the image out on some Kraft card stock and then printed it again on some "Pumpkin Pie" decorative paper.  I paper pieced the pumpkin portion of it and popped it up over the Kraft.  Before I paper pieced the pumpkin, I took some distress inks and sponged some in the center of the image to darken it up a bit and make it pop.  I also used my BRAND NEW Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die to die cut out the Kraft and place it on my A2 sized "Pumpkin Pie" card stock base.

I thought that tracing around the "pumpkin" wording with my black Wink of Stella would add a bit of shimmer.  I took a strip of the same decorative paper to add at the bottom along with a strip of gold accent strip and some black dots for interest.  I thought about adding some gold dots or splatters to it, but I thought I better leave it alone! LOL!!  (Besides, I was under a 15 minute time restraint!)
Yep...actually made this card in about 12 minutes total....it helps if you don't have to color much!

So here are the challenges I'd like to link this card for:
Little Tangles - 15 minute challenge (now you know why I was pressed for time!)
Crafting for All Seasons - Colors of Fall
Cute Card Thursday - Awesome Autumn
4 Crafty Chicks (4CC212) - Fall
Simply Create Too - Fall/Autumn

Hey thanks so much for checking in with me and I'll be right back here again tomorrow with a brand new challenge for you to try out!!  See you then!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


28 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

woooww Big Pumpkin and lovely sentiment Vicki...really nice orange color against the Kraft..fab card Vicki and thanks for the HINT...you are really sweet..hugs, Monika

Deepti said...

This is amazing! I love the inking around the pumpkin, adds a touch of perfection to the design :)

Tamie said...

I love, love, love your clean and simple design of the card. The sentiment is very true and awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Tamie 4CC DT

Asha said...

Oh what a fun card, Vicki! LOVE that pumpkin.
hugs, Asha

Margreet said...

Yummy pumpkin Vicki...love the sentiment...great card!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic card Vicki love that pumpkin image and the sentiment it looks super.
hugs
lorraine x

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! What a fabulous sentiment!

Tammy said...

Fabulous fall card Vicki!! I LOVE that fun pumpkin image and it looks gorgeous against the Kraft cs!!
Hugs, Tammy

Magaly said...

Lovely card!

http://mylifeinthepaperlist.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Just love your card Vicki! Definitely going to check out the freebie, thanks for the tip!

Patti J said...

Very cute! I love N & T stamps, and have some of their delightful sequins, as well! Love this fun digi - your card turned out beautifully. Fall is my all time favorite season! Hugs...

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great card for Fall. I love pumpkin images and really like how the sentiment is attached to the pumpkin. Fab paper piecing and design.

Sue from Oregon said...

12 minutes??!!! This is awesome Vicki...sometimes the best cards happen when you don't have time to fuss over them...this is just super...off to follow your link!

Darnell J Knauss said...

That is an awesome font and I love your design to showcase it, Vicki!! Very well done!! Hugs, Darnell

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely image and super design of the card just gorgeous
hugs Kate xx

Beth said...

Oh yes it is GF and you said it the best love your card and am ready for some pumpkin anything.....heehee.
hugs

Barb said...

Wonderful card with darling sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge this week. Barb

Shelly said...

This is sweet! Love the sentiment and pumpkin!

Céline said...

fab colors Vicki, love the cute pumpkin
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant CAS card love the free digi and stitched die
Carol x

nwilliams6 said...

I totally love this card! It is season for pumpkin everything! How fun is this and your coloring is just wonderful. GREAT card. Hugz to you Vicki!

nwilliams6 said...

I totally love this card! It is season for pumpkin everything! How fun is this and your coloring is just wonderful. GREAT card. Hugz to you Vicki!

maria f. said...

Made me smile big!

Heather Ruwe said...

You rocked that digi image! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, yes, pumpkin everything -- I'll take a large slice of pie, please. :-D Fabulous card. Love the pumpkin on the kraft background. Very effective.

Marja B. said...

Lovely card Vicki! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja

Simply Create Too DT

Tina said...

Gorgeous card lovely image and colors. Thanks for joining us at CFAS Hugs Tina (DT) x

Lola said...

Simply gorgeous and the shading really does add to the lovely layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...