"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, October 24, 2014

A Thankful Fall Fox

Hello friends and happy Friday to ya!
I'm here today to share a card using some adorable Lawn Fawn stamps!
Check it out...
I saw that the Lawnscaping Challenges was having either a Halloween challenge or to use the color combo provided which was basically Halloween in nature.
Now I really do love Halloween and love creating with Halloween type of things.  I don't send out Halloween cards, so it would be something that I would donate for children.
And on top of that...looking through my stash of Lawn Fawn stuff, I don't own any Halloween type of stamps...so I decided to see what I could come up with using the colors of:
orange, purple and black.

I was happy to see that I had the So Thankful stamp set which I thought I could use for the orange. I also had some old Fall papers that I could use to pull the color from as well.
Do you remember this fox from my Copic coloring class?  I told you that I would be using him on something soon...and here he is! (Check out this post if you don't remember!)
I took the Let it Snow stamp set and used it to clear emboss the stitched die circle and then I took some distress ink "seedless preserves" to go over the embossed image and make the stars and dots pop out from the purple. Of course I had to add a bit a sparkle to the stars!
Since black is so dramatic, I only used it for accents.  I also topped it off with some purple metallic ribbon to pull out some of that purple in the sky.  I think it looks like this fox is sitting in a pumpkin patch in the middle of the night! LOL!!

Here are some close-up details:
As you can see, I fussy cut the pumpkin and leaves and then layered them around the pumpkin and placed the pumpkin over top of the fox's feet so it looks like he's standing behind the pumpkin.  I also covered the pumpkin with glossy accents.

So I hope you like what I've done with my fox and the color combo!
Thanks so much for joining me today and I wish you all a wonderful weekend!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
Lawnscaping Challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Get Crafty and use Kraft
Shopping Our Stash - Halloween OR Halloween Colors
(I pulled out some old papers and ribbon and used an image I had for a while!)

52 comments:

Cornelia W said...

Hi Vicki - this is just so darn cute! I have a little welcome for you on my blog - thanks for becoming a member.
So you can visit if you have time;
http://fun-stamping.blogspot.com/2014/10/new-members-welcome-and-moxie-fab.html

Beth said...

gorgeous Vicki and yep remember your little fox love how you added the crystal effects to the pumpkin really gives it dimension....fun papers for these challenges.
Hugs

Diane said...

Super cute design Vicki.

Hugs Diane

jimlynn said...

Very cute! Love the way you used the different colors on here and it came out precious. Fantastic coloring!
Lynn

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Dear Vicky, that is such a cute colage, I love the sweet stam and ypur coloring.
I wish you a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

Elise C. said...

Adorable! The purple circle really lets the fox stand out! Great use of the color inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

Margreet said...

Great card with that lovely fox.
xxx Margreet

Ka's Creations said...

I'm the same. I never really send out Halloween cards or make any Halloween projects therefore I choose not to buy any Halloween stamps. If I need to make Halloween themed projects, I will just make it work from my stash. It's always nice to find something that works and get the most out of your stamps.

It's good that you found something to work for the challenge. That little fox is too cute and love the glossy pumpkin! Have a great weekend!

Becca Cruger said...

So cute! I love the little details of the pumpkin.

Thank you for your sweet and encouraging comment on my blog. It really means so much to me.

Samantha Casey said...

Super cute! The coloring is so pretty! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Bad Kitty said...

Lovely

Pat (mspfd) said...

The CAS design really lets your image shine! Great card, Vicki!

Chrissy said...

Your little fox is so cute Vicki..awesome colouring and love the glossy pumpkin..fabulous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicki. I love the cute fox, your colouring is amazing and the detailing is wonderful.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Adorable! So simple but lots of inspiration. Great job on the background for the fox and he is just darling. Love the quote from Mother Teresa.
Hugs, Pat

Donna said...

Fab card! Lawn Fawn has such cute stamps! Thanks for playing along with the crew at Shopping Our Stash this week for our Halloween challenge!!

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki!! I love that little fox and the fabulous purple sky you've created! Too Cute! Have a great weekend!
Big hugs, Tammy

Lola said...

What a fabulous layout, and I do indeed remember that fox! What a beautifully executed card.

Samantha Mann said...

oh wow!! what a sweet, adorable little card!! that fox with the pumpkin is so cute!! and your coloring is just lovely!! thanks so much for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

Sue said...

Super cute card, Vicki, little fox is adorable.

Hugs
Sue

Tammy said...

Super cute and very creative! Love the starry sky you created!

CaroleAnn said...

Vicki
A perfect card and a good inspiration to show us we can use any stamp to create whatever is the seasonal theme!! Love that ribbon and your stitching so perfect!! Dynamic colors purple and orange!! Hugs and have a great weekend! :)

Patti J said...

Vicki, this is so sweet! Lovin your little fox! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa S. said...

Oh that little fox is so cute Vicki. Love this card!

Céline said...

really gorgeous, love the colors and your coloring
hugs
céline

Becky said...

OH Vicki, this is so cute! Love the colors for the background of this fox.

Patti said...

Darling little fox!! and so well colored : ) I am crushing on your pumpkin! : )

Patti

crafty-stamper said...

love your fabulous CAS cards and cute image,love the glossy accented pumpkin
Carol x

scrAPpamondo said...

So much CUTE!!!

Anneke said...

hi Vicky
this is so cute and a fabulous card and the pumpkin is popping out.
great work my friend and hugs to you.
Ann ( Anneke )

Karren said...

This is such a cute card! I just adore that fox and the shiny pumpkin is too cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anni said...

So cute!
Anni

Leslie Hanna said...

What a fun Halloween card! I love that you've used non-Halloween items to make it, too. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Ira Huberts said...

That's just so cute Vicki, love the adorable fox, great idea to combine him with Halloween colours! Thanks for joining Shopping Our Stash this week, good luck, take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Monika Reeck said...

That Fox sooo sweett and you made an awesome background behind him..and sweeet scene you made with that pumpkin...love the orange paper too..and nice ribbon my friend...I adore this card as I always adore your card my friend..hugs and now it is 22:58 I will go to bed...
Cheers, Monika

Deepti said...

The fox is so cute, I love the panel and ur inking too :)

MiamiKel said...

Outstanding card Vickie! So delightful! Love the fresh vivid colors and the cute lil fox :-)

Lynda Nielsen said...

awwwww talk about an adorable little fox. I love how you have colored him Vicki.... This card is just too sweet. I love it!
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! The colors are perfect and that little pumpkin...adorable!

Lynn McAuley said...

Too, too cute, Vicki! I love this delightful fox and pumpkin placed so beautifully below your starry purple sky!! Sensational

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the adorable fox.

Kim S said...

He is so cute on his starry purple background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Davi said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love the color combo and the sweet image :)

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant love the design and that fox image love and hugs Carole

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki love, love that cool looking fox also the shiny pumpkin and the fabulous warm Autumnal colours, brilliant card.
hugs
lorraine x

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun card! I love all the little touches especially the glossy pumpkin :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp and at lawnscaping!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

sooooo cute!!! LOVE your composition on here!

julieprice3 said...

This is gorgeous, your image is so sweet, niicely done my friend
Hugs Julie P

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a darling image- love the stars on the purple background - your coloring beautiful!

Lynnette said...

This is such a sweet card. The colors are lovely

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - I love, love, love the colors on this. A great card!!!! Hugz

NanaConnie said...

I can't believe how far behind I've gotten on visiting. Doesn't matter now since I've had a chance to see all the wonderful things you've posted while I was buried by life. :-D Love the texture created by the layers o this one, Vicki, and the purple/orange color combo is fab. What a sweet little fox. :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...