"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, October 17, 2014

Are You Playing Along?

Hello friends!  Happy Friday and welcome to the weekend!  I'm soooo glad it's Friday and I can put this weird and crazy week behind me!
-------------
I am SO excited to be apart of the BE Inspired (TAWS) Challenge this month!
This is the second week of awesome inspiration for this challenge!  So be sure to check out what the TAWS design team has to inspire you with THIS week and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for it!
(You have a couple more weeks left to play, but don't let your time run out!)
*Just remember you need to use a TAWS stamp or get one from their FREEBIES!*

For this month's challenge, here's the really FUN and festive looking inspirational photo:
-------------

This time, I took inspiration from the bottom right photo with the deer.
Here's the card that I made:
So I thought this darling little bunny from the Now You See Me stamp set would work to mimic the deer and for the garland across his antlers, I used some sequins of the same colors.  I also took the arrows in the bottom corner for inspiration to use the feather from the same stamp set coming from the hat.  The hat image and the sentiment come from the TA-DA stamp set. (These two sets work perfectly together so I highly recommend getting both!)   Although it has Halloween looking colors, I think this card could be used for a fun birthday card as well!

Here's a closer look at this darling bunny with his bugged-out eyeballs:
For the orange sequins, I did not have any that color, so I took some white sequins and colored them with an orange Copic marker.  The bunny was also colored with my Copic markers.  For the bunny's eyes, hat trim and feathers, I covered them with my Wink of Stella glitter pen.  I also have added some rhinestones to the centers of the orange colored sequins.  I popped the hat and the bunny out by fussy cutting them and adding some foam tape to pop them up on the card.

It's a very simple and clean looking card, but I love how it turned out!
Hope I've inspired you to look at the inspirational photo in a different way!  I would love to see what you come up with for this challenge!
Thanks for stopping in and enjoy your weekend!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Crazy for CAS - One Layer CAS
613 Avenue - anything goes (optional CAS)
Cute Card Thursday - One Layer Card

43 comments:

rachel taylor said...

lovely cute card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create Rachel dt

Regina said...

Vicki, your card is totally adorable! It just makes me smile!

hugs & smiles Regina

Sue said...

HA, your darling card put a smile on my face this Friday morning! So darn cute. Love all the things copic will color, use them often to get matching flat pearls for a project.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Now I must be going nuts, I am sure I commented on this card and it's a real winner, great job with the colouring and I envy you can do CAS so well....don't forget my candy if you have not entered.xxx
The Journey is the Start

MiamiKel said...

Another fabulous card, Vicki! So sweet and love the funky feel to it as well ! great take on the picture inspiration ! Have a great weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really adorable and so creative! Nicely done!

Christina said...

This is really wonderful Vicki!!
Hugs Kristel

coldwaters2 said...

Fab, fun card Vicki love that cute little image he made me smile, love how you have used the gems and sequins, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Francine said...

Hi Vicki!
Thanks SO much for your lovely comment on my blog!!! It made my day! :-)
Your TAWS card is fantastic. Just got this set too.
Have a nice weekend! Hugs!
Francine

Chrissie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

This is fabulous Vicki. I love your fun design and wonderful colours.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Lola said...

Your colors are spot on with the inspiration. And I agree, this can definitely be used as a birthday card. So adorable!

Deepti said...

Awwww this is so adorable :) Love those feathers

Ellen said...

Fantastic One Layer Card!
Thanks for joining Crazy for CAS.

jimlynn said...

Another cute, cute card! Love all the fun sequins on this and your placement of them.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Super, super cute card! Love the bunny and hat and how the sequins and gems set them off!

julieprice3 said...

What a sweet scene you've created, very pretty, have a lovely weekend
Hugs Julie P

Sue from Oregon said...

I knew I recognized this card!! Congrats on being featured on SCS facebook page with this super card!

Pollard Carole said...

So sweet its just gorgeous Love and Hugs Carole x

downrightcrafty said...

this is such fun love all the elements
hugs Kate xx

Stef H said...

this is fabulous! love the sequents!!!

have a great weekend!

hugs :)

Julia Aston said...

Love that cute bunny and the spray of sequins Vicki - a great card for the challenge!

nwilliams6 said...

Too cute Vicki! Love the bunny and the way you created the look of magic with the sequins. We should all just buy white sequins and color them - so smart! Wonderful card - I may pop over and see about that challenge. Hugz!

Patti J said...

What a fun take on the inspiration piece! Beautifully done, Vicki, as always :) TAWS is someplace on my wish list - don't yet own any of their stamps! Thanks for sharing!

Patti J said...

What a fun take on the inspiration piece! Beautifully done, Vicki, as always :) TAWS is someplace on my wish list - don't yet own any of their stamps! Thanks for sharing!

Chrissy said...

Perfect Vicki..a fabulous design and love the cute bunny and sequins..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Vicki, love it! So cute.

Donna x

Shelly said...

Oh, too cute! Love the little bunny and shimmer!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Totally adorable. Your interpretation of the 'be inspired' photo is so creative and well designed. Way to go, Vicki! Fantastic work!!

Donna said...

Brilliant card Vicki, love your interpretation of the inspiration piccy and this lil bunny is too cute...a really fab CAS design :) Donna ♥ x

Patti said...

Oh I just love everything about this fun card!! Your design is really great and that you colored your sequins really impress me!! You GO girl!

Patti

Tammy said...

Awww this is so cute Vicki! I love that little rabbit and all of the sequins!! Fabulous CAS card!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the google eyed image and how you interpreted the photo inspiration
Carol x

SonjaK said...

Oh what a wonderful CAS card you've made. A fabulous take on the photo inspiration. Love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving this sweet card- the bunny is too cute- and I LOVE the sequins too! You always make CAS look so easy!

Ina said...

Simply fabulous. Love the cas style - great layout Vicki

Monika Reeck said...

Vickkiiiii this is too tooo CUTEEEEE...love it and the color combo really fit with the photo inspiration...I must join the challenge...wish I can be a guest designer there too..love the adds of the sequins there..cute cute cute....big hugs, Monika

Céline said...

oh so fun! love the idea
hugs
céline

Beth said...

oh my word how stinking cute is this love it GF and those sequins are the perfect addition to this fun card.
Hugs
Beth

Becky said...

What an adorable cas Vicki. Love that rabbit.

NanaConnie said...

Too cute!! Loving the sequins. :-D

Anja Curvers said...

Awesome card. Thanks for joining us over at Crazy for CAS.

Dawn Frost said...

Fantastic CAS card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...