"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Birthday Blog Candy Winners...and Playing with My New Christmas Kit!

Hello friends!!  It's the middle of the week and it's also time for me to announce the winners of my birthday blog candy!  But first, I have a little card to share with you!
OK...you can scroll down to see who won in case you can't stand it! LOL!


It always feels like Christmas when I receive a new Simon Says Stamp card kit!
So when I saw this one was Christmas theme, I was happy because I knew it would get me motivated to start making up some Christmas cards!  I so need to kick it in!

Here's my card...
I think I have used every element from the kit on my card here!  I love everything in it...I usually do, but I was excited to see the Lawn Fawn papers, the fun snowflake sequins and the liquid glue from Ranger that I've been wanting to try and it really DOES hold those sequins on nicely!  I like that it doesn't goosh out and look terrible after it dries!
(I know, weird little things like this make me happy!  LOL!)

I stamped the trees, the snowflake dots above that and the greeting along the side from the stamp set in the kit.  I used the Lawn Fawn papers for my background card base and for the red and white strip along the side of the tree panel.  I also punched a circle of the same tree papers that I attached the gold bow sticker on from the kit.  The sequins are also from the kit as well as the white card base and red card stock on my tree panel.

I love how this turned out!  And there's still PLENTY left in the kit to make tons more cards...so I just created more work for myself, right?!  LOL!

Here are some challenges that I'd like to enter this for:
The Paper Players

Allsorts - Christmas
The Pink Elephant (TPE274) - anything goes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK....so you want to know who the winners are of my birthday blog candy?!!

Here is the winner of the prize #1
arlsmom aka Lynda

CONGRATS!!!  Please be sure to e-mail me (vparz70@gmail.com) with your name and mailing address so I can get this sent out to you!


and....
here is the winner of the prize #2
Robin

CONGRATS!!!!  Please be sure to e-mail me (vparz70@gmail.com) with your name and mailing address so I can get this sent out to you too!

I will be out for my Anniversary Day with hubby today, so I'll get back with you as soon as I can!
---------------------------

Thanks again to all of you that follow along with my crafty travels here on the blog!  It just wouldn't be any fun without ya!  I would probably still do it, but it just wouldn't be as fun with my fellow crafty buddies here!  I appreciate all of you no matter how you follow along with me!
See you again soon....now go get crafty!!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


41 comments:

Olga said...

Love your card and Congratulations to the winners!!!!

Stef H said...

congrats to the winners of your candy!

love, love, love this card. may have to CASE it!

have a fabulous weekend!

hugs :)

vic said...

This is lovely Vicki what a fab Christmas card :) congrats to the winners too!
Hugs
Vic x

Julia Aston said...

So pretty in the greens with the touch of red in the ribbon Vicki - love that tree paper!

Becca Cruger said...

So cute! It is the definition of Merry and Bright! Birthdays...anniversaries...it must be your favorite time of the year!

Lisa S. said...

Love your card Vicki and I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating your anniversary. :)

aussie aNNie said...

One awesome creation Vicki and many happy returns my friend and yes that was an image of you on my tag,xx
The Journey is the Start

cghundley said...

Your card is
very pretty.
Great design.
Congrats to
the lucky
winners, enjoy!
Carla from Utah

Patti said...

Very pretty! love the traditional color combo : )

Patti

Becky said...

This is so pretty Vicki! Love the design paper.. Congratulations to the winners...

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Christmas card Vicki..love the sequins and lovely sentiment font..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pollard Carole said...

Wow great post first congratulations to the lucky winners well done them. I love your card kit card its great so many lovely elements to it. Finally hope you both enjoy your Anniversary congratulations have a brilliant time. Love and hugs Carole x

jimlynn said...

First of all....Happy anniversary! Hope y'all are having a fun day together.

I just got my kit yesterday! Love your card and the way you used that Christmas tree background paper. Cute!!!!
Lynn

downrightcrafty said...

oh gosh craft fairs do stop me blog hopping, love this card and apologise for my tardiness
hugs Kate xx

Bad Kitty said...

congrats to the winners
I like your card

Margreet said...

What a lovely card, Vicki!
Congrats to the winners!
xxx Margreet

coldwaters2 said...

Loving your card Linda great festive look to it I really love those sequins. Congratulations to the winners of your candy.
hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the stylish design and fabulous colours.
hugs Sue xx

Monika Reeck said...

Happy Anniversary day with your hubby...hope you and him has a special day

now about your card I love the Dp you have choosen and the much sequin there looks like a snowflakes..lovely red too and nice tree stamp you have choosen..Lovely Season Greetings in green card Vicki...the add of the red is a special touch..

Congrats to the Winner

Big hugs from Munich, Monika

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Congrats on your Anniversary. Hope you've had a lovely day.
Isn't it great when new goodies arrive. I love what you did with them.
Caroline xxx

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

LOVE the card!!! So excited to see my name on the winner list...thank you so much!!!

Lola said...

Wonderful, vivid colors on your card. Love the sequins.

Patricia St Martin said...

Darling card, love your paper and the background for your trees. Like how the tree stamped with the stitching really turned out cute.
Hugs, Pat

Tammy said...

Great use of the products in the kit! Love you pretty card! I prefer micro glue dots to the matt medium for sequins, just easier for me to manage.

Tammy said...

Beautiful Christmas card Vicki, I love that background paper and the added sequins!! Congrats to the winners AND I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary!!
Big hugs, Tammy

Beth said...

gorgeous card Vicki, congrat's to the winners and Happy Anniversary to you and hubby enjoy your dinner.
Hugs

nwilliams6 said...

Congrats to the winners of your candy! Happy Anniversary too. Love your great green card - lovely work. Hugz

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That paper is great.

Robin said...

Card so cute! Thanks for the candy Vicki...love it! Sent you an email. Hugs, Robin

Tracy said...

Fab creation. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Asha said...

This is lovely card, Vicki! I love the simplicity of it and the vertical sentiment is so cool!
hugs, Asha

Céline said...

absolutly stunning, love the stamp
congrats on winners
hugs
céline

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Lovely card, so elegant.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, Happy Anniversary!
Love the matching tree papers with the trees. Pretty holiday card.

Hugs
Sue

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Congrats, to the winners!

Nance E Salkeld said...

Great Christmas card! Very festive. I have to kick it in too. I haven't made one Christmas card yet! lol Thanks for sharing at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Nance, DT

Regina said...

Congrats the lucky winners!

Vicki! Your card is wonderful! It's my style!

hugs Regina

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, what a great combo of background paper and tree image, Vicki! Love the sequins. :-D

Claire Creates Cards said...

This is such a fun holiday card, Vicki! I love the patterned paper and those snowflake sequins are just great! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Ann Schach said...

Such a cute holiday card, Vicki! Great colors together! Of course, I really love the sequins. They are the perfect accents! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players the week!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

My wonderful stamp arrived today!!! Thank you again!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...