"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Button Up for Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello friends!  Here to introduce you to another fun challenge at:

For this week's challenge, we'd like to see your
"Buttoned Up" creations!  So just add a button or two on your card this week!
Be sure to check out the rest of the awesome creations from the other DT members too!
Here's what I've come up with for the challenge using an image from our sponsor:
I've chosen to use this very sweet "A Little Birdie Told Me" image from Robyn's Fetish to make my creation today.  I have added some buttons to the center of the flowers on the tree stump.  I thought that they really called for buttons.  This is a digital image, so I have printed this image out twice so that I could pop up the bird's wing and his tail feathers.  I also popped up the flowers too.  I did lots of fun coloring on him with my Copic markers, so I wanted to keep the design simple.  I don't remember from where I took the sentiment and musical note from, but I thought it went well with my design.  I just took a ruler to draw lines on two sides of my front card panel.

I know this looks a bit like Spring with the image, but I still see these red breast birds out this time of year getting ready to fly south for winter.  It doesn't hurt to think warm thoughts while it starts cooling down too! :)

Hope you like my card for today!  Now go check out the challenge blog because they are having a design team call for several new members to join us!  Be sure to check out the inspiration and enter our "button up" challenge too!!  Would love to see what you create!!

Thanks for stopping in and I'll be back shortly with another special post to share with you!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some other challenges I'd like to enter this:

allsorts - Autumn


30 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the cute image, wonderful colouring and fabulous CAS design.
hugs Sue xx

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous I love these stamps from Robbin's Fettish just so sweet Perfect card Love and Hugs Carole x

Stef H said...

your shading has always amazed me! this is fabulous!

hugs :)

Hayley Kew said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L colouring!!! Thank you for taking the time to share with us at Addicted to Stamps and More! :)

jimlynn said...

So fun and pretty! Love the little buttons for the center of the flowers. Fantastic card.
Lynn

Shelly said...

How cute is this?!!...That little bird is adorable! So sweet!

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Gorgeous card Vicki hun really adorable hugs Judith x

Emily Lauritzen said...

So cute Vicki! Your little birdie and sunflowers are just adorable. I love the little button centers!!
<3 Emily L.

Patti said...

OMGosh Vicki this bird is adorable!! I am uber impressed with your coloring!! You go girl : )

Patti

crafty-stamper said...

love the image and fabulous colouring love the buttons
Carol x

ellyscard creatief said...

Very cute card.

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Vicki loving that image, your colouring and those flowers are fabulous.
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Oh! Vicki..I just love your little birdie.Fabulous colouring and love the button flower centres...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

JD/ Jill said...

Great coloring and another adorable image!

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable Vicki! Fabulous coloring and I love all of the "popped" elements!!
Hugs, Tammy

Sue said...

LOVE this image, Vicki, so darn cute. Awesome colorwork and pretty design too.

Hugs
Sue

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic coloring and I love the dimension in the wings/tail!

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness...love this! Your buttons are perfect for the challenge, and that card is adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

julieprice3 said...

Love the image, beautifully coloured, very sweet
Hugs Julie P

Olga said...

I love this, taht little bird is gorgeous!!!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, sweet image.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Autumn' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Monika Reeck said...

lovely birdy and cute too and nice coloring Love the white dots there you put.. and the scene is so lovely...nice sentiment too and I love the button flowers..a very cuuutee card..I love this too...hugs, Monika

Deepti said...

This is soooo adorable and the coloring on the image is mind blowing thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Kim said...

This is gorgeous Vicki! Your coloring and the details you added is amazing. LOVE!!!

Helene E said...

Just popping by to admire your creation and thank you for participating in the challenge at Allsorts this week.

Asha said...

Aaaaw! So cute!
hugs, Asha

Beth said...

Adorable GF love that bird and your flowers just make that little note card pop.
hugs

ribenaruby said...

Lovely birdie card Vicki, love the colouring...fab and the dimensional features. Ruby x

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh - so glad I stopped in to see what you were up to - I LOVE this card. So cheerful, so sweet, and colored so perfectly. Wow! Hugz!

Lola said...

SO cute and wonderful dimension.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...