"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, October 6, 2014

Colorless Copic Blending...Class is Still in Session!

Hello friends and happy Monday!
I have soooo much to share with you this week so be prepared for MANY posts!
(There will be several postings throughout the month of October here actually!)

Today, I have some more coloring to share with you as I worked on my Copic Class projects during this past World Card-Making Day on Saturday!  (Did you do any creating?) For the days that I'm catching up on, we were working on making "fur" for critters as well as dark color blending and colorless blender techniques.
So please enjoy the following photos....
This cute little doggie was provided in class for us by Lawn Fawn.  He is from Critters in the Burb stamp set.  I do not own this stamp set, but I wanted to make a card with him that would fit with the LawnScaping Challenge this morning and this is what I've come up with.  We are supposed to use some Patterned Paper.  In hind sight, I think I should not have stamped on the background paper, but after all, it IS a birthday party!! LOL!!  I paper-pieced the party hat too and have it sitting atop of the "birthday" sentiment.  The sentiment, party hat and balloon came from the Happy Everything stamp set.  I also used the Small Stitched Rectangle dies to cut out the fun papers! (I also used the Dewey Decimal papers, but can't find them on the website.)

But the STAR of this card is supposed to be the doggie:
So this little critter was so fun to create "fur" with using my Copics.  I learned to use the Colorless Blender to make some "spots" and texture on "Fido" here.  I think he's cute!

Here are the challenges that I'd like to enter the above card into:
Lawnscaping Challenges :
Scrapy Land - anything goes using their dies they sell (I've used Lawn Fawn)
Cute Card Thursday - Spots & Dots
Just Us Girls - Celebrate: (Can't share photo - won't let me save to computer)


Here is a photo of another critter that I haven't put on a card yet:
This sweet little fox is also from Lawn Fawn and I've used my colorless blender to create some "fur" and to help blend in the white spots.  He's from their Critters in the Forest stamp set.  I don't own this stamp set either, but I'll do something fun with him sometime...so be watching! :)
------------------------------------------------------------



I made this card very simple and clean because I thought the flowers would look best this way.  The flowers were provided for us from Kristina Werner in class.  I worked on starting with my darkest going to my lightest colors as well as creating a "white" colored image.  I fussy cut these flowers out and attached them on a white card base.  The greeting is from an older Whimsy Stamps set.

Here's a close-up detail of the flowers:
I was so excited about being able to make this blue colored flower because I was having so much trouble with my B39 marker and I finally got it working!  I know...little things get me excited! LOL!
I've got portions of the flowers and leaves popped up on the card but it might be hard to tell in the photo.  I also used some Wink of Stella on the centers of my flowers, but it doesn't show up so well in the photos.

Here are a couple of challenges for this flower card above:
613 Avenue - anything goes
Virginia's View Challenge - CAS:

---------------------------------------------



and last but certainly not least...
I have to admit that I was a tad bit intimidated by this image as first and especially when I saw what Sandy Allnock did with it!! LOL!!  But I just dove right in and just started doing it!
I will say that I have NEVER colored an entire square panel like this with my Copic markers...turned out sort of cool I thought.  I drew in my own moon and colored it.

This image came from class.  It's from Tiddly Inks Robot Holidays set.  He is a cute robot fellow with this bat companion!!  The bats on the orange colored background and the sentiment came from an older Stampin' Up! stamp set that I had laying around and thought it would work nice with this image.

Here's a closer look at it:
I used the colorless blender to help make the fun and funky blue background.  I really love how the black turned out because I've never tried this out before!  I had some fun coloring this weekend!

And of course here's a couple of challenges for this Halloween card:
Crafting for All Seasons - Too Cute to Spook
Fab 'n' Funky - Halloween
----------------------------------------------------------------

So that's all for me today friends!!  Thanks so much for hanging out and I hope you enjoy this whole week long worth of postings!!

P.S.  If you did NOT know, I'd like to make you aware of the Whimsy Stamps Blog...they are having a blog hop starting today and showing their newest Christmas Release!

See you tomorrow!!!!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


38 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun weekend you had- lots of time for coloring!!! I am admiring your coloring- and all of the fun cards you made. I already thought your coloring was great- now I am seeing lots of details in your shading....and WOW on the background on the last card too.

jimlynn said...

WOW on ALL of these!!! Your coloring is just sensational on them all! Love the cards, coloring, everything! I really need to take this class I think.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

I am a dog lover so you got me with that adorable little pooch!! Your card is just so cute!! I love the way you colored the doggy and that die is great for cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #3!!

Lynnette said...

Very cute project, love seeing the dog from Critters in the Burbs. Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping challenge

sabbycat said...

Your coloring is so nice. I'm taking that class too and loving it. Nice to see what great creations you came up with!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are so fun. I love the coloring and the balloons stamped on the background of the first one.

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous Copic coloring on all of these delightful designs, Vicki! That precious birthday pup is my favorite!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gotta love that sweet doggie! Really sweet card. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Chrissy said...

Super cute cards Vicki..the little doggie is so cute..fabulous colouring on those flowers..absolutely gorgeous card.Love your fur colouring too,cannot master that yet with pencils and love your spooky robot..too cute.

luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Great cards and fabulous colouring on them all -love the fur and CAS layout and beautiful floral image and love the great sentiment
Carol x

Lola said...

I actually like the stamping on your patterned paper, and wonderful layout for your pup. Great fur. And you flowers are gorgeous! My fave is the white one - great shading. And WOW what a moon! Fab Halloween card!

Monika Reeck said...

Sensational coloring agree with Jimlynn...your card oooh dear the last one so so cuutee and nice color combo ..

the second one ADORABLE and so elegant in white card base.. and

the first one I ADORE...I luv that little dogie that DP in dots that stamping background with ballons and the hat and all the sequin...you made a sweeettt bday card Sweety...big hugs from Munich, Monika

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Wow what a post today <3 <3 <3 I love your cards and the techniques you have used are awesome. I so need to do this class :)

Tammy said...

Great cards Vicki, I"m betting you pass the class!

Beth said...

Awesome cards Vicki really really love the crocus gorgeous colors and love what you have done with the colorless blender will have to play around with that technique....you rock GF.
Hugs

Pollard Carole said...

Brilliant cards today the class looks like its taught you a lot these are all so good love the blender technique wonderful Love and Hugs Carole x

NanaConnie said...

These are so fantastic, Vicki! You must be enjoying the class so much. :-D Love the way you're using the colorless blender. Wonderful technique.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow girl, the coloring of these cards are outstanding! Each and every creation is over the top fabulous!

Kristie W. said...

Fantabulous creations, Vicki!!! You are doing a great job with the class images. Way to go!

Stef H said...

your coloring and pictures are always so faulous! these are wonderful. sounds like you had a super fun weekend!

hugs :)

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness - you've been a busy lady! These are all gorgeous! Keep them coming, love seeing all of your delightful creations! Hugs...

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant selection of cards Vicki your colouring is fantastic, the image of the doggy is terrific, I like how you got the spots on him but not too noticeable, those flowers are beautiful the colours are so fresh and vibrant, love them all.
hugs
lorraine x

Tammy said...

WOW!! All of these are awesome Vicki! Absolutely stunning coloring and techniques on all!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol S. said...

Fun card and a great image. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S. DT

Sue said...

Beautiful coloring and loving the techniques too. Wonderful group of cards.

Hugs
Sue

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! You have really nailed the colorless blending! Fantastic coloring!!!

julieprice3 said...

What a wonderful collection, just love that ble flower, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Such amazing cards! Love how you used the Copic blender solution, great effect. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You really are doing fabulous with the coloring!! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Samantha Casey said...

Your coloring is amazing! I really love the accents and details you put into your creations! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!

Aurora Marco said...

What a bunch of beautiful cards. Thank you for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create.
Cheers,
Aurora

Lady E said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! Great colors too :) And fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land and Good Luck! xx
Lady E

Patricia St Martin said...

Look at your go... All these amazing cards and love all of them. They are so adorable. Good luck on the challenge. Thank so much for joining us at Scapy Land challenge.
Fabulous ideas and inspiration.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
rubber stamping is my game blog



Elise C. said...

Great use of the patterned papers on your birthday card! That puppy is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Cathy said...

Fabulous cards, I love your blue flowers, they are beautifully coloured and so striking, Cathy x

Asha said...

Marvellous selection of cards, my friend. Your colouring truly is spectacular. You've aced so many techniques... I bow in awe!
hugs, Asha

nwilliams6 said...

Some fancy coloring (or uncoloring) here! I can so tell you have learned some great things - I need to take that class. Love them all! Hugz!

Samantha Mann said...

what an adorable birthday card with that sweet sweet puppy!! i just love it!! he's colored BEAUTIFULLY!! wow!! and the patterend papers are such a lovely compliment!! thanks so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...