"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Copic Coloring Catch-Up!

Hello friends!!  Yay!  It's Friday!!  Tomorrow is World Card-Making Day...are you going to be making a card?  I will be around and of course I have a very special post going up, so I do hope that you join me here again tomorrow!  I can't let the day go without sharing! :)

So today, I have a couple of cards to share with you from my Copic Class that I've been taking!
I am SO far behind!!  Yikes!  Luckily there will be time to catch up a bit.  I have so many things I'd like to make this month and I'm going to have to just say that it's not going to happen! LOL!!

Anyway, here are my "practice" creations - this one from Day 4:
This flower was giving to us from class and it's from Clearly Besotted Stamps.  The image is from their Happy Everything set.
So the whole point of the class is to practice and try out different ideas.  Since I've colored with Copics several times, I jumped outside the box a bit and tried doing some different things that I don't normally ever do.  I don't think my attempt here was as successful as I'd hope it would be.
You know when you see flowers that have that really thin dark edging along the very tip of the petals?  This is what I was "trying" to do, but perhaps my color should've been a dark blue and not a black.  I didn't think that I'd like the "feathering marks" showing within my coloring, but in the case of flowers and butterflies, I think I do!

I fussy cut the whole thing and popped it up on a tag (tag die from Mama Elephant) and popped that up on a kraft background (stitched rectangle die from Lawn Fawn) where I randomly stamped the 'thanks' from Paper Smooches...just to give it a little something.

Here's a closer look at my coloring:
Yeah, I tried to work it out with my colorless blender.  It's OK...but I think not the black for next time!  I do have two different color variations for the middle of the flower with red and yellow.  It may be a bit hard to tell with the glitter.  More practice for the flowers! :)

Here are some challenges for this card:
Crazy 4 Challenges - incorporate leaves into your project
Allsorts - "A Stitch Up" (I'd used stitched die cuts)
Sentimental Sundays - Kraft card stock + a sentiment (I stamped "thanks" in the background)
---------------------------------------------------------------


And here is my Copic creation for Day 5 of class:
Although this card was made for day 5 of class, I jumped ahead and decided to brave and add a little bit of  day 9 to make a background with your Copics.  (I made the rain drops with my marker and created a "ground" for my image.  This cute image was another one we received in class.


I don't normally color in my "people" images like I did this one as I was trying something new for the class.  I thought it looked terrible at first, but then I walked away for a while and came back and thought it didn't look so bad! LOL!!  I kept it simple because the image is so detailed and it makes it pop a bit better when it's simple.

Here's a close-up view:
I am hoping that you can see the slight shimmer with my Wink of Stella on her dress, eye shadow and the rain drops in the background.  I think it adds a great touch.

Now I shall need to do some more "catching up" and practice more coloring!  I really need to get some refills too!! LOL!

Here's the challenges I'd like to enter my ballerina card with:
CCEE Stampers (CCEE1440) - Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness (giving to the cause)
Stampin' Royalty - "Frilly"  (I can't think of any more frilly than this! LOL!)

Hope you've enjoyed my share with you today and I hope to see you back here again tomorrow for World Card-Making Day!!
Thanks for stopping in!!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


27 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Vicki first of all your flower creation is just so beautiful. The colouring is just so vibrant. Then your little ballerina is just delightful and I adore the sparkly touches on her tutu and make up.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shelly said...

Oh, wow! These are amazing! Your coloring is awesome! Really love those flowers and your girl is totally cute!

Ka's Creations said...

I thought the coloring on your flowers & girl looks good. The red & yellow glitter was a nice touch to the flowers. And the glittery tutu looks just lovely on your ballerina girl. I also love her "make up." :) I have a question about your first card. Does your tag & card already come pierced? Or did you pierce it yourself? I love the look! If you didn't do it, where can I go buy those tags & cards? Thanks, Vicki.

Becky said...

wow! Both of these are gorgeous Vicki! Your coloring of them both are stunning.

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Vicki the flower shading is superb!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Patti said...

Hi Vicki : ) I must honestly and truly disagree with you regarding the black outlines on your flower and leaves. I think it makes the whole image come to life! I especially admire how even the black shades into light as it bleeds into the flower. Both of your cards look really outstanding to me. I know it is hard not to be over critical on your own work but I hope you'll believe me! : )

Patti

Regina said...

Vicki! Wow stunning cards! Your colorations are awesome!

sending hugs Regina

Chrissy said...

Fabulous colouring on both cards Vicki..love the flowers and the card design..and your little ballerina is so pretty..love the glitter on her tutu..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Vicki. I love the images and your colouring is stunning.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Monika Reeck said...

ooh deaaarrr where should I start..
I love the dress on the little girl and her eyes so shiny...lovely coloring her hair and cute Image ooh ooh I love this little lady in ballet dress cute cute cuteeeee

Number one the card is elegant..great colored and I love the shading you made on the flower and leaves..soo lovely My friend.. and the thanks behind the tag is so creative...love love your design Vicki...hugs, Monika

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS coloring on both of these!!! I love that beautiful flowers and the little girl! Great cards too.
Lynn

Tammy said...

Great cards Vicki and nice shading!

Liz Williams said...

Thanks for sharing this adorable card with us at CCEEStampers. Great words of encouragement.

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh.... you don’t need a class you need to give a class. I love your beautiful flower and that tag card... just gorgeous! Nice work on the little girl too.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow coloring on both! My word, the flowers are absolutely gorgeous and I love the look of your fussy cutting -- it's so perfect I though for sure you used a cutting machine. Great dimension.

The cute ballerina is always fabulous. Love the look of the skin tones and how you grounded the image. Awesome job on the rain drops, too.

Enjoy your weekend!

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki, both of these are stunning! Absolutely gorgeous coloring and I love the little ballerina's sparkly eye shadow!!
Hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful cards Vicki love them both the flower image is a stunner and you have coloured that ballerina beautifully, superb makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Céline said...

absolutly fantastic, love the design of the first one.
fab coloring
hugs
céline

Rhonda Miller said...

These are beautiful. I love the background on the first one. The ballerina is so cute.

Elaine said...

Very pretty! I like the color of the flowers and the ballerina image!

crafty-stamper said...

you make brilliant CAS cards and love the images -fabulous colouring on the floral image
Carol x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful cards- how pretty is that gorgeous flower- and love the Kraft BG too- the centers of the flowers are very pretty too. Gotta love that sweet lil girl image and the raindrops- and the shimmer in the Wink of Stella!

nwilliams6 said...

Some awesome coloring Vicki! Love the flower and the little dancer. I see your strokes are done fabulous and I love the colors. Well done. Hugz!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness ! Superb coloring. I so love ur first card

ThePurplePlace said...

Your coloring is fantastic! Looks like you could have skipped the class by looking at your projects....

But, then again, the class has been fantastic...loving every day!!

Thanks for sharing your adorable cards!

Beth said...

GF your are rocking that class bet your getting nothing but A+'s both of these cards are beautiful and your shading around the petals of the flowers just makes them pop.
Hugs.

NanaConnie said...

WOW! Incredible coloring, my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...