"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy World Card-Making Day! I'm Guest Designing to Send a Smile 4 Kids!

Hello my friends!!
Yay!  Welcome to World Card-Making Day!!  Let's stamp some smiles, shall we?!
-------------------------------------

I am honored that I had won a guest-design spot for the challenge blog at:
(Click on photo above to go to challenge!)

I usually always try to play along with their challenges and I love to be able to send my creations to help in a charity of some sort...one of the main reasons I love making cards! :)  So please be sure to click on the badge above and check out the challenge as well as the home page to see how you can send your card creations for a wonderful cause!

For this challenge, they're offering up SEVERAL really great prizes from their sponsors:
1.  DRS Designs giving a $10 gift certificate
2.  Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet giving 3 digital images
3.  Kitchen Sink Stamps giving $25 gift certificate
So be sure to get on over to Send a Smile 4 Kids and play!

The challenge is "Early Holiday Wishes 4 Kids" cards.  Here's what I've come up with using one of their sponsor's images:
This very sweet and adorable image is from one of the sponsors.  I have colored in the image with my Copic markers.  Since I wanted a red hat and scarf for the bird, I didn't want to make him a cardinal, so I gave him a brownish look with a red belly.  You could certainly color this bird any color!  I added some snowflakes with white ink on the background.  I think it really makes these guys pop out! :)  I heat embossed a white greeting from an older stamp I had onto a navy cardstock banner and sponged some white around it.

I used a curved stitched banner die cut for the snow bank in front of the image and the image is actually inside of the circle cut out because I made something especially fun...
I have made a fun shaker card!  You can now see all of the sequins and rox sprinkles that were hiding behind the snow bank!  When you "shake" the card, you will be able to see the fun stuff inside!


**Don't forget that I have some special blog candy that I am giving away to two people!  

If you want to win either of these stamps, then be sure to leave a comment on THIS POST by Oct. 28th!**

So that's it for me today!
I hope that whatever you are doing today that you are enjoying yourself!
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a great World Card-Making Day my friend!  See you soon!


HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

I'd like to enter this card in these challenges:
House of Cards - Punches and/or dies
Crafts 4 Eternity - 3 of the same letter ("S" for snow, shaker, sequins)
Daring Cardmakers - color challenge:

39 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is just adorable.
Such a sweet image and the shaker style is so pretty.
Caroline xxx

Stef H said...

is that dash line a part of the die or did you do it yourself? if you did it, how did you keep it sooooooo straight?

this card will definitely put a smile on a kids face. it certainly put one on mine!

wth is with this weather? ugh!

hugs :)

Karen Hasheck said...

Your card is awesome- I totally pinned it!- and your blog post perfect as our guest dt today! Great job- thanks for your support of SAS4Kids!

Kathy S said...

This card is ADORABLE. I love how you curled the ribbon and turned it into a fun shaker. Great job and great to have you on the Send a Smile 4 Kids this challenge!

jimlynn said...

As cute and pretty as can be. Love the background around the snowman and that gorgeous way you did the ribbon.
Congrats on the guest designer spot too!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Oh my, this shaker card is adorable Vicki!! I love that image and your gorgeous details, beautiful ribbon too! Congrats on your guest DT too!
Hugs, Tammy

Niki Estes said...

Oh, how cute!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki this is absolutely gorgeous I so love that wonderful image also the design and that ribbon, brilliant make.
hugs
lorraine x

Lynne said...

Really cute shaker card. Just waiting for the snow to fall.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki, adorable image and I love your fun shaker design.
Hugs Sue xx

Margie H said...

Such an adorable shaker card! Congrats on the guest designing spot :) Happy WCMD!

Tammy said...

Wonderful card Vicki, sure to bring a smile to a child's face! Happy World Card Making Day!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a "Wow" card! Just beautiful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great holiday card, Vicki. Gorgeous stamping, fun image and fabulous details. Love the stitched snow bank and the fact that you card is actual a shaker!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I just love the adorable image.

Donna Nuce said...

Such a cute shaker card. I love your coloring of the image. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog.

Céline said...

so beautiful
hugs
céline

Margreet said...

Both awesome and cute, Vicki...great coloring and I love that curved border!
xxx Margreet

sue t. said...

What a great card. Such work!! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cutie snowman shaker Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

cohenna said...

Beautiful winter card :) I love the snowman. Thanks to join us in House Of Cards!

Pollard Carole said...

Hi Vicki just back from my hols and catching up on comments this card is fabulous love your design. You have made some stunning cards while I've been away love that Oh deer silver and gold and your Halloween cards just perfect. Hope you are well Love and Hugs Carole x

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot -beautiful shaker card and love the cute image and sparkly ribbon
Carol x

Ina said...

Vicki - what an awesome shaker card you have made. Love this digi and you have made it into such a beautiful card. Can't wait to see more of your beautiful work soon.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am loving the wonderful snowman image- the background is great...but the shaker idea- awesome! Ans, I LOVE LOVE how you did the ribbon!

nwilliams6 said...

Totally adorable snowman card. The shaker idea was fab! This is really special! Hugz!

Tammy said...

Super cute shaker card! Some child is going to be smiling!

Toni said...

This is so so cute!!! Plus it's a shaker. PLUS it's got fab embellishments. PLUS the coloring. There is nothing I don't love about this card!

Toni
HOC DT

Deepti said...

This is such an adorable card , Love the shaker element :)

Deepti said...

This is such an adorable card , Love the shaker element :)

Monika Reeck said...

I forget to see this card..ooh dear, this is soo cute scene I have seen today..and love the background with that snow flakes and the ribbon looks so yummy here, nice add of the snowflake there and nice bottom white paper...Cute and adorable holiday card Vicki...I adore this

Beth said...

What a fun card GF I have a real soft spot for snowmen so am really loving this one...love the blues on your card and the way you have done that snow drift....gorgeous.
Hugs

Mynn xx said...

This is SO darling!!! LOVE the images, the fun shaker aspect, and your amazing coloring! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

NanaConnie said...

Love, love, LOVE it, Vicki! Great idea to use sequins for the shaker bits. Wonderful curly tails on the ribbon. Fab coloring!

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Lola said...

Adorable. Reminds me of a snowglobe. What a wonderful cause.

Cornelia W said...

This is just super cute and adorable!

Cornelia W said...

This is just super cute and adorable!

Vannessa said...

This is adorable and I totally love the fact that you made it into a shaker card. Thank you for joining in the House of Cards Challenge this month.

Hugs, Vannessa
HOC DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...