"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm Doing a Penguin Party!

Hello friends!  Hope you had a great weekend!
Today I'd like to share some creations with you using a brand new stamp set that I was lucky enough to get for my birthday from a dear blog friend Monika!  Thank you so much my friend!  I have really enjoyed playing around and creating with it!
I've made a fun birthday card and a couple of Christmas tags with this DARLING set from Create a Smile called Penguin Party. (You can click on the link to see all the images in the set.)
This is a fairly new company that has started up this Summer and the owner is from Germany.  I can tell that this is going to be a fabulous place to shop!  I hope I can purchase some items sometime soon!  They have much more than just clear stamps!  So go check it out!

They are also having a December Guest Design Call that I'm trying out for.

I had tried out for their guest designer call last time with one of their freebie images because I didn't own any of their stamps yet.  CLICK HERE to see that post on my blog.

Here are the close-up details of my projects:
I took that cute peeping penguin from the set and paper pieced the gift box with some Christmas looking papers.  I colored him and popped him on this die cut tag.  I've also heat embossed the "For You" sentiment on each tag.  I topped the tags off with some twine.

Looking at these now, I see that the colors make them perfect for Christmas or ANY time really.  They would be great on a general present for any occasion I thought.

For my card, I thought it would be fun to take the inspiration from the colors of the Create a Smile logo!  I matched up the colors for my design and used the sentiments in the set to create a fun background banner and die cut a stitched circle for my cake topper penguin.  Then I just cut the edge off of the circle to match up with the banner and added the sentiment at the bottom, some sequins and ribbon to finish it off.

And here's a close-up view of the penguin:
I've colored him with my Copic markers and added some sparkle to the lighted candles with some Stickles glitter glue and I used my silver glitter pen to color his party horn.  I fussy cut him out and popped him up with foam tape on the circle.

I just adore penguins and I do have quite a collection of them in my stash that I just can't bare to part with!  I know that this penguin set will be fitting very nicely into that collection and I look forward to pulling it out again for play time! :)

Hope you've enjoyed my projects today and I'm so glad you've stopped by!
I'll be back again with another creation tomorrow!  See you then!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter:
CAS on Sunday - Emboss It -embossed sentiment on tags (Create a Smile is sponsoring!)
allsorts - embossing (heat embossed sentiments on tags)
Papertake Weekly - Super Fly
Addicted to Stamps & More - Make Your Mark
Fab 'N' Funky - Christmas with optional tags, bags or boxes
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Happy Birthday

46 comments:

Olga said...

I love these, super cute!!!!

cm said...

Hi Vicki. I noticed your card in the ATSM gallery and HAD to drop in to let you know your penguin card and tags are absolutely A-DOR-A-BLE! What a sweet set of images, and you've showcased them wonderfully! I'm wearing a big ol' smile at seeing these! Thank you!
~c

Lynn McAuley said...

Lovin' these delightful penguins popping out of your cake and packages! Super cute, Vicki!

jimlynn said...

Really cute design on that card and love the images!!! Lovin' those wonderful tags too. Cute little penguins! Delightful creations!
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

Wohooo Vickiiiiii...tooooo cutteeee and ADORABLE..speechless...the tag I love how you colored that gift box and the card also cute cute cute...you show her stamp so clever..she have to choose you as DT member yeah...good luch with all challenge Vicki...dear..if u see my last three post..I put a shoe card in purple ..maybe you like to see it..yes you were already leave me some love there *Smile*..just want u to show how I love shoe images like you..love pinguin...hugs..Monika

Margreet said...

Awww Vicki, what an adorable penguins...love your projects...good luck!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Vicki, what a lovely gift to receive...so lucky and deserved. These are just so cute, love them all and looks like you have had a wow of a time making them up.xxx

Jingle said...

These are absolutely adorable!

brenda said...

Lovely Birthday card Vicki and those tags are fab.

Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at Allsorts this week.

In case you didn’t know, we have some great candy to be won at our sister challenge here

B x

Janett Ray said...

Vicki great card but the tags are adorable. Good luck with the guest designer,I hope you get it. Ans thanks for commenting on blog.
Janett
Janett's Stamping Place

Ka's Creations said...

Adorable penguin card and tags! I thought you showcased these wonderfully! You are such a fabulous designer, so I hope they'll pick you! Good luck!

Tammy said...

Awww adorable creations Vicki!! The Christmas tags are sooo cute, love the paper piecing!! Love the design and colors on your card too!!
Big hugs, Tammy

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki these are fantastic I love those cute little Penguin images they are so delightful, great design of both the tags and card, love them all.
hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

These little penguins are so sweet. Delightful Christmas tags and the birthday card is fun too. Cute stamps, good luck with the guest DT call.

Hugs
Sue

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Vicki and such a fun cute image..and I love your tiny tags and those penguins are the cutest..fab colouring and paper piecing.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Vicki, such adorable images coloured so beautifully and I love the papers.
Good luck with the GDT call, you would be such a great asset to the team.

hugs Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

great projects and love the cute images
carol x

crafty-stamper said...

meant to say good luck with the GDT call
carol x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and beautiful little tags.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Embossing' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Lola said...

Super cute card and tags. Good luck on the DT Call!!

Pollard Carole said...

What a fab post today these cute penguins are very special super cute thanks for sharing these great projects Love and Hugs Carole x

Beth said...

adorable Vicki and I love those cute tags and good luck on the DT call you would be a real asset to them.
Hugs
Beth

Samantha Casey said...

I LOVE penguins, and I LOVE these projects! Your coloring is stunning!

Julie said...

How adorable and I love that you made a set of tags too. Glad you joined us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie T

Lee-Anne said...

Love those adorable penguins, Vicki! Fabulous coloring! Good luck with the DT call :) So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

Ellie said...

Such cute creations Vicki, love your coloring and they are beautifully designed!

Patti J said...

Your card is adorable, Vicki! Good luck on the guest gig, dear friend! They'd be so lucky to have you :-)

Niki Estes said...

These are so adorable, Vicki! I love those little penguins!

Becky said...

These are adorable Vickie. Love the beautiful design of your card and your tags are so adorable.

Amy Johnson said...

Cute projects! I especially love the tags.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh you have showcased the little penguin so perfectly!! Such super cute creations Vicki
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love your penguins! Such a fun birthday idea!

Anja Curvers said...

Wow awesome I love your tags those presents look amazing. How clever to use the create a smile colors for your beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at create a smile for our guest designer search and also thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

nwilliams6 said...

What a great birthday gift! You have put it to good use making all these wonderful things! Where do you find the time? Wow! Wonderful stuff and great ideas my friend. Hugz!

Shelly said...

Too stinkin' cute!!! Love!

NanaConnie said...

I adore penguins and your card and the tags are fabulous, Vicki!

Katie Melhus said...

These are adorable! Totally fun and lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Chasing the Dream said...

OMG so darn cute Please forgive me for not being around lately. Simply FabUUUUlous.
Hugs
Berni

Céline said...

fun card and tags, love them
hugs
céline

Leanne said...

I love the tags, and the penguins are so awesome. Great Card, love the coloring and the details....way to go! Thanks for playing our Birthday Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Deepti said...

You have totally rocked these stamps :) awesomeness !

monikaskinner said...

Your penguins are simply adorable. Great makes! Thanks for joining us at ATSM. Monika

Dawn Frost said...

Love those tags and card Vicky too cute!

Tanja said...

these penguins are just too cute and you made great use of them

Vidya Ramabadran said...

Beautiful tags!

Samantha Mann said...

What an incredible penguin party here!! Love the tags!! Super versatile and totally cute!! That card is awesome!!!! Love the colors and that penguin popping out of the cake rocks!!! Thank you for playing along on the Create a Smile Stamps Guest Designer search!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...