"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

It's a Colorful Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello friends!  It's getting cooler and the weather is changing over my way with beautiful Fall colors!
I love going for a walk with hubby and my "fur baby" to enjoy it in our neighborhood!
How about you?  What weather are you experiencing where you live?

I have a fun challenge to share with you today over at
TUESDAY THROWDOWN

There is a very fitting color combo for you try out:
These are perfect Halloween type of colors, but of course you don't have to make a Halloween creation for this, you can just take inspiration from the colors!
This is exactly what I did:
I have used the really cute Everyday Jargon digital stamp set from our kind sponsor this week, Doodle Panty.  (Click on the link to see all of the different items in this set!)  So many fun things to mix and match and work with including digital papers!  Another great thing about these sets is that you can choose to print out the colored version or not...so it makes creating with them very easy!

I have used everything from the set with the exception of the card stock which I pulled some black and purple colors from my stash that I thought matched up nicely.  I also took some distressed mowed lawn ink to distress the edges of the image panel and sentiment panel too.

I used my corner chomper to round the edges, the scalloped black border going across the middle is from a die cut.  I punched out the sentiment with an oval punch and some purple card stock with my oval scallop punch.  I popped it up over the border with foam tape and that's it for my card!
I went over the candy corns in the jar with my Wink of Stella glitter pen. (Hard to see in the photo.)

So please now...hop on over to the Tuesday Throwdown challenge blog to see all of the gorgeous inspiration with this color combo from my fellow teamies!
We can't wait to see what you all come up with using this color combo!!

Thanks for joining me today and don't forget about my Birthday Blog Candy if you haven't left me a comment yet over there!  You have about one week left to enter!
See you again tomorrow!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Doodle Pantry - anything goes
613 Avenue - anything goes with optional candy treats
House of Cards - A Punch or a Die or Both (I used both)

37 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Vicki. I love the image and fabulous papers.
hugs Sue xx

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous card today love the vibrant colours and sweet design Love and Hugs Carole x

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! I love that you made this a thank you card (love this set) and the colors are wonderful (some of my favorites). Cute, cute, cute. Hugz

Olga said...

Fantastic, now I want Candy corn................LOL

Stef H said...

love the colors. funny, only love the colors during the fall - LOL.

love the card. that jar of candy corn would be great on my counter!!! to bad it would be empty really fast - LOL.

hugs :)

jimlynn said...

Fun and cute card that puts a smile on my face - I LOVE candy corn!!!
Love the design on here and of course the cute, cute image too. Great way to tell someone thanks.
Lynn

Shelly said...

Super sweet!!!

NanaConnie said...

I love what you did with this set, Vicki, including your choice of papers. Marvelous card!

NanaConnie said...

Forgot to say you should enter it into the Doodle Pantry Challenge. It's open until the 24th and you can get a freebie set just for entering with a Doodle Pantry image. :-D NC

Janett Ray said...

So cute. Great use of the colors.

MiamiKel said...

So fun and festive! This is a beauty, love the lil candy corns. That jar would be empty at my house, LOL! Super fun creation! ♥

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So many things to comment on....the weather getting cooler and some people expecting snow...no way! Your card.....I love using this jar for just about any occasion and yours is wonderful! I used a jar card about two weeks ago and used the same sentiment. Thank you for joining us in our October Doodle Pantry Challenge.

Chrissy said...

Awesome card Vicki..I love the colours and the jar full of candy..fab design.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chasing the Dream said...

So cute and sweet. Do not eat a lot of sweets, but I do like candy cones. Fabulous coloring and awesome design.. Great composition.
Hugs my friend
Berni

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous card, Vicki.
Caroline xxx

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE this, Vicki!!! The colors are amazing and I adore the fun border between the patterned papers! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous, colourful card with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Lorraine DT

Lola said...

This really is such an adorable set and love that you used the candy corn. Sweet card!

Tammy said...

Cute card, love the candy corn in the jar, how fun!

Cornelia W said...

Hi Vicki, you jar of candy corn looks really yummy! Great use of patterned paper - i have such a hard time with that....Thanks for playing with us at HOC!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

so pretty and cheerful!
hugs bibiana

downrightcrafty said...

absolutely gorgeous
hugs Kate xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute way to use Halloween colors!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, this is fantastic! Fabulous take on the color challenge, Vicki.

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous Halloween card Vicki! I love that image and your beautiful papers!!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Deepti said...

This is fab! Great colors and patterns

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

hi Vicki and fabulous card hun and thanks for hoping over my blog I still have some scheduled stuff around until the end of the month - hope to be back blogging next year love and hugs Judith x

coldwaters2 said...

Such a lovely vibrant and colourful card Vicki a super make.
hugs
Lorraine x

Beth said...

Cute image Vicki and your color choices are wonderful love this card.
Hugs

crafty-stamper said...

love the B.papers and vibrant colours
Carol x

Dawn Frost said...

I love that jar set Vicky, great card and colours!

Patricia St Martin said...

Love this card, great job doing the paper piecing. Sure turned out nice.
Hugs, Pat

Rocky said...

Great use of Halloween colours to make something less scary but tasty, those sweets look yummy. Thank you for joining us at HOC.

Sue said...

I love jars with stuff in them! Such a cute idea and loving the Halloween colors.

Hugs
Sue

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Vicki...I was having no Mojo also my Blog also Empty :) beside that I was busy with my kids...yeah you knew it if two little boys need their Mom...

now about your card..Looovee the color combo and the candy inside is too cuuutee I love it and the paper piecing the cover of the Jar is super idea..I love it and the color of the ribbon also adorable..I love all in this card my friend..Lovely halloween card..

big hugs, Monika

Asha said...

What a sweet card, my friend. I am looking fwd to filling my jar this evening... are you?! Happy Haunting!
hugs, Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...