"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

No Tricks...Just Treats!!

Hello my friends and Happy Halloween or just happy Friday to ya!! :)

I have made one more final Halloween card for the year.
I have some fun news to share with you as well!  So here's my card...
LOL!  I think this guy is just too much fun!  I don't make very many Halloween cards, but I do enjoy the fun images and spooky fun you can have making them!

I took this TA-DA stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps and colored in this "magician" guy and then cut him out to put on the corner bottom of my card.  I cut part of him off to make it look like he's just stepping in to wave his wand to say "Happy Halloween"!! LOL!!
I stamped the moon from the Now You See Me stamp set also from TAWS with VersaMark ink and embossed it with clear glitter EP.  I also embossed the swirls from his wand with silver EP.  I stamped the stars and then rubbed some white ink over them and then took my Wink of Stella to brush over the solid stars.  I also used my Black Wink of Stella on the wand.  The tiny stars are just dots I made with my white gel pen.

Here's a close-up look at the magician dude colored in:

And here's something else for a treat that I'd like to tell you about!
The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS) is having a blog hop right now!  They are giving away their new release to a lucky winner!  So be sure to go check it out!

CLICK HERE to see the blog hop post.

So are you passing out Halloween candy this year or taking the kids out?
Whatever your plans are, I wish you a fabulous and fun evening and a wonderful weekend!
Thanks so much for stopping in today!  It's always great to hear from you!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter this card for:
AAA Cards:

Addicted to Stamps & More! - CAS
Cute Card Thursday - Razzle Dazzle
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Halloween

40 comments:

sandie said...

This guy sure is fun and great colouring. Thanks for joining is at ATSM

Becca Cruger said...

That magician guy is super cute. What a great image! I am planning to take my boyfriend to Acres of Terror, which is an entire town that converts itself into a haunted town. It takes about an hour to go through it.

Lisa S. said...

What a fun image Vicki and you've colored him up in such a spooky way. :) Happy Halloween to you!

Céline said...

fab card, love the background
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

cute GUY and I like how you colored him cute cute cute...I love the star and at the background too and the clear stamping sentiment..lovely Halloween card dear my Friend Vicki...I guess this is a winner from the challenges you are joined..wish you luck my dear friend...hugs, Monika

jimlynn said...

Happy Halloween to you to! Love this little guy. The glittery moon is just wonderful too!
Lynn

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW!!! Your coloring is amazing!!! What are your favorite skin tone combos, I assume you use copics? I need some new colors badly!

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicki. I love the image and such a wonderful background design.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Cute card, Vicki, love the symbols around the wand, gives it movement! Drac could not be cuter.

Hugs
Sue

Tammy said...

Super cute card for Halloween, love the magician! Great background for him too! Happy Halloween to you!

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

NanaConnie said...

This is just too cute, Vicki! Love the embossing and sparkle. Have a Happy Halloween yourself. :-D

nwilliams6 said...

Cute Halloween card Vicki! I made several and never gave them out so I will have to give them away as parts of sets for presents or give them away next year. This one is fun!

Our Halloween celebration this year consisted of dinner with my youngest daughter to celebrate my birthday tomorrow. I did when the scariest costume at work today - I dressed up as an IRS agent! Hugz

Rahmat said...

A great card! perfect Halloween, I like the image very much! Thanks for joining us ATSM!

Dawn Frost said...

He is perfect Vicki and I love the stars!

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous card and what a great image it all looks just fab. Love and hugs Carole x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card and layout, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this hysterical image. What a super card with amazing coloring and design.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE this card! I agree that this image is just toooo cute! I also agree that it was very clever to cut off a bit of him to give the illusion that he was stepping in.

Julia said...

So many nice details - and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining in with AAA this week.

downrightcrafty said...

super cute Vicki and love the image
hugs Kate xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Yep-I had a good laugh at this character...who would be frightened of this silly fella? Super fun card-lovin the simple layout-it calles my name. You really have the knack girl!
♥ Sue Kment

julieprice3 said...

What a cute image, nicely done Have a wonderful weekend Hugs Julie P

Tammy said...

Oh what a cute little guy Vicki! Fabulous coloring and I love the touches of sparkle!!
Hugs, Tammy

Dawn Lancaster said...

Brilliant card Vicki! I love how the magician is just stepping in to your card! Inspired!
Hugs
Dawn xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the magician image and embossed swirls
carol x

Janett Ray said...

Very cute card. Happy Halloween.

Becky said...

Another adorable cutie!

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Vicki, love the image and fab design.

Donna x

Julia Aston said...

What a fun Halloween card Vicki! love that Count and the stars/moon in the sky look super!

Davi said...

LOL this one gave me quite a chuckle Vicki!! It is toooo cute :)

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love this colour combo...delightful and funny image used as well.
aNNie xx


The Journey is the Start

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ha Ha never seen a cuter Dracula!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Regina said...

the magician guy is adorably! Make me smile!
hugs Regina

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous Halloween card Vicki, such a fun image and great design.
hugs
lorraine x

Deepti said...

This is adorable :) Love the smokey look of the magic !

Asha said...

Flawless colouring, Vicki! So sparkly and magical. Great job, my friend.
hugs, Asha

Deborah Frings said...

This one really made me smile - super Halloween card - he's fab! I love the sparkle on the moon and stars. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fun fun image! Your coloring- amazing. Love the sparkle- such a great accent.

Beth said...

adorable and fun my friend.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...