"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, October 27, 2014

Omit Stamping + Video!

Hello friends!!  Welcome to the last week in October!
Are you getting prepared for the cool weather?  It's been unusually nice over my way, so we've been doing what we can outdoors until the cold weather starts coming.

So today I have a card and a video showing how to do some "Omit Stamping"!
If you are "old-school" in stamping like myself, you've probably heard this before.  If you haven't, then you are missing out on a great way to really stretch those stamps you already have in your stash!

I decided to take some stamps that I already have and create my own thank you type greeting.  Perhaps you can do the same with yours?
Here's what I made:
I love how all the gold embossing turned out on this card.
I used some distress inks and water to brush over the feathers and created a fun banner with two different sentiment stamps to create my own specialized greeting that would work for a "thank you" type of sentiment.  It's a great way to stretch your stamps and make them work for you the way you want.  So check out the video below to see how I did this "omit stamping" technique:

If you'd like to watch in HD and enlarge on your screen, you can CLICK HERE to see it too!



And here's a closer look at the sentiment banner I made:
After making the banner, I embossed the edges of it with some gold embossing powder.
I hope you've enjoyed this video and learned how to stretch your stamps!

*Don't forget that you still have one more day to enter my BLOG CANDY!!*

Thanks so much for joining with me today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a few challenges I'd like to join with:
Stampin' Royalty - anything goes
Aud Sentiments - 2 or 3 word sentiment
TIME OUT Challenges - "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"
Creative Fingers - anything goes with "Layer it Up"

42 comments:

Sue said...

Awesome video Vicki!! You make it all look so easy ;)

Donna said...

Stunning card Vicki and such an elegant design, the colours work so well together and I love the stamp you've used :) Donna ♥ x

Ka's Creations said...

Love your card! I love watching your video! I played it twice! :) Such a fun technique to learn. Excited to go and try my hand at this! Happy Monday!

Margreet said...

Lovely card and a great video...thanks for sharing!
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

Great card! I've never heard of that technique. Enjoyed watching your video!
Lynn

sandie said...

love the design and the touches of gold. So pleased you joined us at TIME OUT x

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. Thanks for the video.

Julia Aston said...

The gold looks wonderful on this Vicki! love those feathers and swashes of color behind!

Janett Ray said...

Great video, love the card.

TiinaR said...

What a great card. Thanks for joining us at Creative fingers

Tiina

Tammy said...

WOW gorgeous card Vicki! I love all of the gold embossing- very elegant!! Fabulous tutorial too!
Big hugs, Tammy

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful

Tammy said...

Love card and pretty colors! Enjoy the nice weather, they're predicting the possibility of snow this weekend!

Sarah Gray said...

Love the gold embossed peacock feathers and watercolour background - thanks for sharing with us at Time Out!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the feather image and distress swipes-great video
Carol x

Sue said...

Vicki, nice video, and beautiful card. Love the feather image and how you used it.

Hugs
Sue

Jennifer said...

Very nice technique on this! It turned out beautifully! Love the colours and thanks for the great video! :)

Davi said...

The feathers are amazing Vicki!! Love this card :) Great little tutorial.

Becky said...

This is awesome Vicki!

aussie aNNie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...XXX
Fabulous creation and colours used. Thanks so much for your comment on my Whimsy DT card.xx
aNNie
The Journey is the Start

Pollard Carole said...

Fabulous card and a great technique your banner is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing Love and hugs Carole x

coldwaters2 said...

Love this card Vicki those feathers are so lovely so are the colours a super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Shelly said...

So pretty! Love the feathers and colors!

Gerrina said...

Super peacockfeatherstamp! And the colours are great! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow this is beautiful!!! LOVE the feather and awesome video to boot!

Diane said...

Love the peacock feather designs Vicki, thanks for sharing the video.

Hugs Diane

julieprice3 said...

What a fabulous effect, thanks for the tutorial
Hugs Julie P

Deepti said...

This is beautiful :) Love the choice of colors to go with gold. So very pretty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

A great idea to stretch your stamps- cool technique. I love the video- have not tried that at all..... Your feathers are so pretty- and loving the gem you added too.

Jessi Fogan said...

One of my favourite stamp-stretching techniques! It's like an inky word game :) Love the colours & fab layout!

nwilliams6 said...

Your work is amazing Vicki - I love the colors and the way you used this image. A wonderful and very positive card. Hugz

Patti J said...

Love this, Vicki! Your feathers are so pretty, and the sentiment is perfect!

Patti said...

Wow Vicki!! : ) What a treat to get to hear your sweet voice as I watched your very informative video!

LOVE your card!! I love all the detail you added - each aspect so perfectly done : )

I, like you, love love love the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I don't know how I could create without it! : )

Have a great day.

Patti

Céline said...

really beautiful, thanks for the video
hugs
céline

Monika Reeck said...

Vickiiii I love that feather I am jealous now I think I must buy a peacock stamp too..it looks soo adorable on your card..I LOVE This..and love the soft color you put here...hope you are happy on your wedding anniv day...biig hugs..Monika

Beth said...

Love this card Vicki just might CASE this one great colors as for your video I will give it a watch tomorrow.
HUGS

Nonni said...

Cool card, Vicki! I love the colors and the bg you created for your feathers. Very artsy! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining us!

Asha said...

What a clever little trick to make your own sentiment! Thanks for sharing, my friend!
hugs, Asha

NanaConnie said...

WOW, you make this look so simple, Vicki! Love the gold embossing and the inking on the sentiment. Very classy!

Anita in France said...

Just lovely, Vicki ... the gold embossing is so deliciously rich against the soft delicate watercolour wash! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Marie Ingholt said...

Stunning card. Looks Amazing! The colours are wonderful. Thanks for playing with us over at AUD sentiments this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sandy How said...

Your feathers look wonderful against those swatches of colour. Fab creation.
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...