"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Christmas Tags....You're It...at Tuesday Throwdown!

Hello friends and welcome to another fabulous challenge with my fellow friends at
Tuesday Throwdown

For this challenge, we would like to see your
Christmas tags!
You know you're going to need them, right?!  So pull out those neglected or meaning to use Christmas items and make some tags for the up-coming Holiday Season!  We can't wait to see all of those cute Christmas tags! :)

Here's the Christmas tags that I put together...yes...I did more than one!
Now I have to say that I had SO MUCH fun coloring these cute images and adding the special details to each of them!  These images were generously provided by our sponsor for this challenge.  All of these images are from the Christmas Santa Digital Stamps set by My Grafico.  They will be giving away a fun prize, so be sure to play along with us!

Oh for the love of the many Christmas papers I have in my stash! LOL!  I am always wanting to use up these papers and I was happy to get a package out which I used the Mama Elephant Tags a Lot die set to die cut tags for my images.  I also used the Stampin' Up! oval die set to place an oval along the edge of the tag so that my "characters" had something behind them instead of the busy patterned papers.  I took my white gel pen to add stitch details on the ovals.

I also took some metallic card stock to die cut a piece for the top of my tag to hold a ribbon.  I took some metallic ribbon to make a loop through the hole in the tag and then attached a bow with the same ribbon on the front.  You will notice a small white banner with "To:" stamped on it.  The punch and small stamp are both from Stampin' Up! as well as the papers I've used.

Here are individual close-up details of the tags:
So this cute little reindeer was colored with my Copic markers, fussy cut out and I've popped him up with foam tape over the green oval panel.  The bells on his collar were colored with my gold gel pen and I added some dots to his cheeks with my white gel pen and also little accents to his ears and tail with it as well.  I thought it would make him look like he had bits of white fur.

So for the middle tag with Santa on it, I've colored him with my Copic markers and fussy cut him out.  I added some silver metallic color to his sled blade with my silver gel pen as well as the dots along the edge of his sled, you can see some silver there as well.  For his fur trimmings, I took some liquid applique and heat-set that so it has a "puffy" look to it.

And finally I have this adorable girl elf that I've colored with my Copic markers and fussy cut her out as well.  She is also popped up over the oval with foam tape.  I have used my white gel pen to color in the dots on her dress and for cheek highlights.  I've also used my gold gel pen to color in the bells on her hat and her shoes.

Now how fun is that?!  Hope I have inspired you to create some Christmas tags too!
Please be sure to stop on over at the Tuesday Throwdown challenge to see all of the wonderful inspiration from my fellow teamies!  I know you'll love them all!
Hope to see your Christmas tag creations in challenge this week!  Thanks so much for stopping in!

-----------------------------------
CLICK HERE to check out my crafty stash for sell!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are some challenges I'd like to enter my tags for:
C.R.A.F.T. challenge - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Red & Green
Crafty Catz - Christmas is coming
Allsorts - anything but a card
Love to Create - Make it For Christmas
The Pink Elephant (TPE277) - anything but a card

46 comments:

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Vicki. I love the jolly images, beautiful festive colours and fabulous designs.
hugs Sue xx

vic said...

Aww these are so cute Vicki love the little reindeer how adorable :)
Hugs
Vic x

nwilliams6 said...

These are precious Vicki! The images are so cute and reflect the innocence and wonder of children at Christmas - remind me of a Christmas cartoon movie. Cute, cute, cute! HUgz

Pollard Carole said...

these are just so cute I love them your colouring and designs are just perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Monika Reeck said...

I dont know what to tell
speechless...

ADORABLE COLORING
Lovely Images and also cute

Soooo sweeeet TAGS my friend

I ADORE ALL...may I have one...the one with Deer so so cuutee

hugs..
Monika

Asha said...

These tags are soooo adorable, Vicki. I'm behind on my visits... so sorry abut that. There's just not enough hours in the day, I tell ya! Hope all's well with you.
hugs, Asha

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous coloring of the sweet images! Fabulous set of tags, Vicki. Love them all.

Stef H said...

again, i see a reminder that i should attempt some tags! these are fantastic. absolutely love the ribbons too!

yeah, it's cold... too darn cold. thank goodness for thermals - LOL.

stay warm yourself.

hugs :)

Gabby said...

Sweet tags! Adorable images, nice coloring. :)

MiamiKel said...

Absolutley the cutest!! Vickie these are just dreamy!!! Oh the coloring, the sweetness - beautifully and perfect for any holiday gift! ❤️

Becky said...

These tags are adorable! Love the cute images and the ribbon is so perfect.

Jennifer Spivey said...

I love these cute little tags! Beautiful job on the coloring!

Tammy said...

These tags are ADORABLE Vicki!! I love all of the super cute images and your beautiful little details!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Becca Cruger said...

Omygoodness golly!! I don't think I've ever wanted to pinch the cheeks on a card, but now I do. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! And I love the faux stitching - great little touch.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant tags -but I beat your three lol-then when I saw your challenge I blogged them and entered lol-love your cute images and great papers
Carol x

Intruderlady said...

Gorgeous tags. Love the images and the traditional colors.
Thanks for joining our Make it for Christmas Challenge at Love to Create. Good luck!

Kitty
LTC DT

jimlynn said...

They're all three just darling! Love the fun papers you used and the tiny images are colored to perfection. Precious!!!
Lynn

Mad Moose said...

A gorgeous set of tags. Thanks for sharing them with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Bad Kitty said...

so cute tags

Ina said...

Your tags are just so adorable. Love them all. You could have kept going lol

Beth said...

OMG Vicki what darling tags these little cuties are a gift in themselves and would put a smile on anyone's face....love them sweetie.
Hugs

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such beautiful and adorable tags Vicki. Fantastic and Love them!!!
Huggies!!!!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts x

Wishcraft said...

Oh they're cute Vicki! Fab tags, love the design and sweet images :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Anneke said...

hi Vicky
your tags are so cute and gorgeous and they all have a fabulous design
have a nice week and hugs from Anneke

Chasing the Dream said...

Hi there, these tags are so cute and adorable. so perfect for those gifts of love. Fabulously created and designed.
Hugs

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are incredible!!! I am amazed with your coloring and the paper is perfect on here! Way to rock these tags!

Patti J said...

Vicki, these tags make me happy, happy! They are darling! Love the sweet images, and your papers are perfect! I am determined to play this week! I've never done the throw down challenge! Hugs....

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Wow Vicki...your tags are so wonderful.. I love the Christmas time.... you work so beautiful things....

Hugs
Anja xx

aussie aNNie said...

ADORABLE tags Vicki, they are just the cutest ever...love the images and your colours.xx
aNNie xx
The Journey is the Start

Anneke said...

Ooh these are so adorable!
Thanks for the inspiration ;)
hugs Anneke

Donna K said...

Oh Vicki, these are all just SO cute! Your jingle bell collar on the reindeer is so sweet and those rosy cheeks...awww! Your Santa is delightful with his furry sleeves and beard and that Elf...too stinkin' cute! Her hat and stripe stockings are perfect for Christmas! These tags are going to be as much fun as the gift inside the wrapping this season. Love them all! Hope you have a happy, happy day today. ~Donna k

Lisa S. said...

These are SO cute! I'm not mentally prepared for Christmas this year but better get going anyway lol. Thanks for the inspiration Vicki! Love your sweet trio of tags. :)

Shelly said...

These are ADORABLE!!! Love!

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Vicki, these are just too precious! Love your coloring and Santa's 'puffy' cuffs. Exquisite bows on each tag.

SonjaK said...

So beautiful tags! I love those classical Christmas colors. The images are adorable and your coloring is wonderful.

Regina said...

Your Christmas tag is totally adorable! The images are soo cute and your coloring is fabulous!
hugs and smiles
Regina

Céline said...

they are so cute, love them all
hugs
céline

Jessi Fogan said...

eeek! Vicki, these are precious!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love these tags. Those images are adorable.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving these fun tags- the images are really cute- and your coloring just brings them to life!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki these are a total delight to see those image are so cute a brilliant set of tags.
hugs
lorraine x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous tag's Vicki thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Dianne x DT

Deepti said...

Awww these tags are the cutest of all

Ruza Rebel said...

Super cute tags! Absolutely love each one of them! Thank you for joining our "Make it for Christmas" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Emily Lauritzen said...

I love these tags!!! They are just so incredibly adorable!!
<3 Emily L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...